Interesting Tanky TEam strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigpapadapa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

The other night i was playing a premade 5v5 with my premade 5. The other team was basically all tanks, Mundo, Nasus, Nunu, Malphite and Kassadin. The whole team pretty much built weird AD type builds. I don't even know how to explain them to be honest. The whole thing they centered there team around was Nasus who just solo farmed the entire game. With that he could basically siphon strike for ridiculous damage while the others did damage as well and a decent amount at that. We could not really do anything to them. It just didn't really make any sense and it was a frustrating loss to say the least. I could almost 1v1 Nasus as Gangplank except when he would pop his ult i would have to run out. Can someone tell me the whole strategy behind this team composition.

creamfrache

04-21-2011

the strategy is hope the other sucks hard enough to let nasus farm all game

Prometheius

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamfrache View Post
the strategy is hope the other sucks hard enough to let nasus farm all game
This. You're bad if you couldn't nullify all of their damage while still out-damaging them.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

Ya it happens sometimes, tankplank would have been the gear route of choice against them, warmog, atma's, IE, Phantom Dancer, executioner with merc treads.

Would have let you stand up to them more evenly.

Willing to bet your team tried to up their damage, not mitgate their ability to walk all over you.

Had a team try that against my tank teemo, went 16/5 and slaughtered them. You have to adjust your build to them. Make sure you hit hard, but gettting jumped by them won't pwn u at same time.

Jonbro

04-22-2011

The current metagame being employed is all about being tanky. Tough DPS are in and squishy AD carries are out. You usually see at least three enemies on a given premade that are very tanky because you can build that way with champions like Xin Zhao, Irelia, and Nasus and still do tons of damage.

Eppa

04-22-2011

How do they avoid AoE/Push towers?

I am not really very much into LoL atm but from glancing at wickds stream the meta hasn't changed much and its still not tanky dps.

Prometheius

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
How do they avoid AoE/Push towers?

I am not really very much into LoL atm but from glancing at wickds stream the meta hasn't changed much and its still not tanky dps.
It relies on the enemy team being too stupid to split push, instead jumping into a massive 5v5 and getting their faces punched in for being insanely squishy when 4 of their champs should be durable.

AOE? Who cares. Tanky people are BUILT to survive the AOE barrage then wreck people.

Bigpapadapa

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
Ya it happens sometimes, tankplank would have been the gear route of choice against them, warmog, atma's, IE, Phantom Dancer, executioner with merc treads.

Would have let you stand up to them more evenly.

Willing to bet your team tried to up their damage, not mitgate their ability to walk all over you.

Had a team try that against my tank teemo, went 16/5 and slaughtered them. You have to adjust your build to them. Make sure you hit hard, but gettting jumped by them won't pwn u at same time.
Ya thats pretty much what happened i think. It wasn't my fault for letting nasus farm i kept covering him and only i did. But you made a good call on upping or damage rather than modify builds. I was going Frozen Mallet, Atma's though. Alas next time i will know better.

Morsigil

04-22-2011

How did these people farm, exactly? You've got a bunch of low damage melee. With a single ranged in any of these lanes (except the one with kassadin, and even then he's food before level 6 if he does anything but spam his silence orb) you should've been able to zone these guys.

Let me guess, your team was all squishy melee carries who didn't farm well?

Bigpapadapa

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsigil View Post
How did these people farm, exactly? You've got a bunch of low damage melee. With a single ranged in any of these lanes (except the one with kassadin, and even then he's food before level 6 if he does anything but spam his silence orb) you should've been able to zone these guys.

Let me guess, your team was all squishy melee carries who didn't farm well?
Nasus mid vs our Xin. Then after a while they all rolled together and Nasus just kept farming off bot lane while we had team fights and what not. Our taric kind of fed considering he went 0/12 which was another problem so anyway.