How to slay a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-04-2012

I noticed there aren't many characters with spartan lazers. Even the spartan doesn't... I think... actually I mostly only play ahri...

Anyways,

enemy tank. Lets say his name is Mr Tank
he has 500 armor
he has 500 mr
he has 8000hp
he gains 500 hp/5s
He's got 2 35% tenacity items
He runs faster than you
He matches any speedboost you may have
The player is more skilled than you
He hates you, he's focusing you
all of his attacks are auto kills if you dont kill him in like 5 seconds
you've been feeding him like crazy
The universe hates you today, no luck and its actively looking for ways to make this list longer

Assuming you have no hope of killing Mr Tank but you randomly have plenty of gold what's the most you could possibly do to this guy with a champ that has no special percentage health loss attack. Lets assume youre willing to sacrifice yourself for the team. Lets assume youre using ashe, ryze, ahri, sona, alister, or leona

Directw

06-04-2012

First of all: tenacity items don't stack.

Second, none of the current LOL champions can reach the all status you mentioned.

Third, if you see any champion has one of the status you mentioned, he is a full tank. Translate this into daily english: HE DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE, and you and your team should ignore him. mark him as the last target to kill.

Fourth, you mentioned you are getting focused. Wake uppp, you are an ap carry. Of course you are getting focused.

Five, you want to out-run anyone? get boot of mobility, shurelya's reverie and four PD, and summer's spell as ghost. This way you can be sure no one can catch you.

Mambazo

06-04-2012

If it weren't for 500 hp5, you could do something to him as ahri with Deathcap, 2 fully stacked archangel's staves, void staff, fully stacked mejai's, and deathfire grasp.

He'd still kill you though. With ease. And heal the 1/4 of his health you did in less than a minute.

EDIT: Ryze MIGHT fare better if your condition of "his attacks are like autokills if you don't kill him in 5 seconds" wasn't there.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. 500 mr after voidstaff is still well over 200, he'd heal any damage faster than you could deal it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-05-2012

I think there are ways to stop regen for a few seconds arent there?

edit: why the downvotes? I'm just asking what's the most you could do offensively in such an impossible situation without relying on some ridiculous ability of some sort. So basically items, summoner spells and masteries.

Zeno666

06-05-2012

Madirds Blood Razor+Wits End+M. Pen of some sort+ PDx3

Think it's the closest you could do. MBR would do the highest possible damage since it's % based. Mix that with Kog's % based attack and you'd still do minimum 5% HP per attack depending on your total AD as well as M pen.

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directw View Post
First of all: tenacity items don't stack.

Second, none of the current LOL champions can reach the all status you mentioned.

Third, if you see any champion has one of the status you mentioned, he is a full tank. Translate this into daily english: HE DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE, and you and your team should ignore him. mark him as the last target to kill.

Fourth, you mentioned you are getting focused. Wake uppp, you are an ap carry. Of course you are getting focused.

Five, you want to out-run anyone? get boot of mobility, shurelya's reverie and four PD, and summer's spell as ghost. This way you can be sure no one can catch you.
Not asking for a response to the more realistic scenario. I know AP carries get attacked an all. I'm just wondering if theres a more efficient way to kill the guy. So far deathfire's grasp and ignite/morello's tome seem to be the only effects for AP champs that would even approach getting the job done. I know very little of non-AP items and really any items ahri doesn't typically build. I figure theres something that could do it.

midillusion

06-05-2012

Deathcap + Rylai's + Void Staff + DFG + Ignite = a very dead tank. Throw in a Will of the Ancients for good measure and sustain and you should be good to go.

Crazy Crann

06-05-2012

Use a character who dishes true damage and run ignite + heal to keep yourself in the brawl.

Irelia would probably be a good pick because she has a true damage ability over time, a stun for enemies with more health than you, and life steal.