Surrendering...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Its My Cookie

06-02-2012

I swear to all high heavens... I have been playing Solo queue's... And for 20 LEGIT GAMES IN A ROW ( I kept track ) MY TEAM HAS SURRENDERED 4-1... ( I'm the 1 )...

Now I know that in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE you should EVER surrender... unless you ABSOLUTELY have to cause you gatta go or something and you don't wanna be banned... But to use use it to "Troll quit" At 20 minutes in EVERY game you play... It's not even funny! Like common... you'd better do something about this... cause I wear to god... If I so much as get 5 Surrenders in a row again... I'm murder someone... I'm not even kidding... this isn't even funny.

FrankTheStud

06-02-2012

Umm...If 4/5 voted to surrender, your entire team must have been doing bad. People don't just surrender when they do good. If you're fighting a lost game (which happens fairly often), it's better to surrender at 20 and join another game. I know if my team is 2 - 15 (enemy with 15 kills), I'm going to throw up the surrender. There's no point in wasting time in a lost game when I could be in another, possibly winning.

DonnFirinne

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheStud View Post
Umm...If 4/5 voted to surrender, your entire team must have been doing bad. People don't just surrender when they do good. If you're fighting a lost game (which happens fairly often), it's better to surrender at 20 and join another game. I know if my team is 2 - 15 (enemy with 15 kills), I'm going to throw up the surrender. There's no point in wasting time in a lost game when I could be in another, possibly winning.
You are a terrible, horrible, worthless excuse for a player. You are precisely the ******* that is mentioned by the OP. Too many people think that after a bad team fight, or after one lane feeds, or a couple towers go down, or they don't feel good that day, I don't even ****ing know half the time, that the best option is to surrender. Do you not comprehend the mechanics of the game after 20 minutes? what about after 40 minutes? Do you know what a late game carry is? Have you ever seen one in action? Are you just a useless waste of an account?

tl;dr: If you surrender at 20 with a full team, uninstall

FrankTheStud

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
You are a terrible, horrible, worthless excuse for a player. You are precisely the ******* that is mentioned by the OP. Too many people think that after a bad team fight, or after one lane feeds, or a couple towers go down, or they don't feel good that day, I don't even ****ing know half the time, that the best option is to surrender. Do you not comprehend the mechanics of the game after 20 minutes? what about after 40 minutes? Do you know what a late game carry is? Have you ever seen one in action? Are you just a useless waste of an account?

tl;dr: If you surrender at 20 with a full team, uninstall
Do you realize what feeding is? And not having creep score means late game? If they have 100 CS each (excluding support) by 20 minutes while you have about 50 CS each, then 15 more overall kills than your team, just surrender. I've been the carry. I've gone 16-1 as Gragas and still ended up losing a 40 minute game because the overall score was 23-45. There's no point in being in a game where you're facing a horrific outnumber. Sometimes you just get bad team members, and sometimes you ARE the bad team member...And when those times happen, it's best to simply surrender and admit defeat, and try again. Once again, there's no point in playing a game for 50 minutes when you're opponents are heavily fed by 20. It won't get any easier, trust me.
Also, being a jerk won't get you anywhere. Think with your mind, and think with logic. You're probably a level 15 kid who feeds and gets mad when your team surrenders. You do NOT want to be the one getting carried on your team, and you do NOT want to be the heavy carrier. (excluding AD Carry). You want a relatively equal balance on your team. If you feed, you're practically useless late game unless you farm like crazy (which the other team probably won't stop farming either, so you're poop out of luck). Also, if you're fed and die (carrying a team that's only hanging on because of you), you're entire team that was relying on you and you alone is going to get demolished. This happened to me when I was Gragas in the game I mentioned earlier. My ONE death caused us to lose the entire game because of how hard I was carrying.

TLDR ; If you're team is getting ridiculously outfarmed and just beaten down, sometimes the better option is to surrender and try again in another game. Fighting a game that's 2-20 is not worth fighting. Once the enemy team is fed that much early game, it's not worth dragging it into a late game loss when you could be in another game possibly doing better.

Agent of God

06-02-2012

yea i hate people who prematurely surrender just cause the team kills are lower. i've had a game where my team kills were lower than the other team for the entire game but we made a comeback. but even at the end when we won the game, our team kills were still lower than the other team.

XxCriusXx21

06-02-2012

maybe they should just take out that option? i think the game would be better with out that. Because I've been in plenty of matches were someone was saying surrender we lost. but we didn't surrender and we won.

Hextech Fizz

06-02-2012

so, if you team is 0 and their team is .. 33? .. at 23 min in would you keep going

also to make it better, they keep ganking u to shut off your farm and have almost all your towers, yet they are stalling so they can fullbuild for no reason ... do u surrender? if not eh, its your choice but im not gonna lie i surrender when the odds of a comeback are lower then 15% (aka until my team goes like 3-44).

its not surrendering in general thats bad, its the timing for it

TeknoWizard

06-02-2012

It's my personal rule for surrendering is when the game completely ceases being fun. Being systematically crushed beneath a fed team's heel isn't fun, so when it that happens is only when I will surrender. There have been games where the other team was up 30+ kills, but I didn't surrender because I was having a blast playing anyway.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

When your team surrenders at 20 minutes when it is 7 - 7, you have a problem.

DonnFirinne

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheStud View Post
Do you realize what feeding is? And not having creep score means late game? If they have 100 CS each (excluding support) by 20 minutes while you have about 50 CS each, then 15 more overall kills than your team, just surrender. I've been the carry. I've gone 16-1 as Gragas and still ended up losing a 40 minute game because the overall score was 23-45. There's no point in being in a game where you're facing a horrific outnumber. Sometimes you just get bad team members, and sometimes you ARE the bad team member...And when those times happen, it's best to simply surrender and admit defeat, and try again. Once again, there's no point in playing a game for 50 minutes when you're opponents are heavily fed by 20. It won't get any easier, trust me.
Also, being a jerk won't get you anywhere. Think with your mind, and think with logic. You're probably a level 15 kid who feeds and gets mad when your team surrenders. You do NOT want to be the one getting carried on your team, and you do NOT want to be the heavy carrier. (excluding AD Carry). You want a relatively equal balance on your team. If you feed, you're practically useless late game unless you farm like crazy (which the other team probably won't stop farming either, so you're poop out of luck). Also, if you're fed and die (carrying a team that's only hanging on because of you), you're entire team that was relying on you and you alone is going to get demolished. This happened to me when I was Gragas in the game I mentioned earlier. My ONE death caused us to lose the entire game because of how hard I was carrying.

TLDR ; If you're team is getting ridiculously outfarmed and just beaten down, sometimes the better option is to surrender and try again in another game. Fighting a game that's 2-20 is not worth fighting. Once the enemy team is fed that much early game, it's not worth dragging it into a late game loss when you could be in another game possibly doing better.
Assumptions don't work well either, just to start off. I have personally carried several games out of a 20 minute surrender vote because one person believed in me, and I can't begin to count the number that I never got the chance to because nobody believed in me. The other three players always ***** at me the rest of the game, but then they are remarkably silent when we score an ace in our base and then I shove down a whole lane with them trailing behind, take inhibs, nexus turrets, and win. I've won games where the other team had twice the kills we had a the end. It happens. Especially with late game carries. If the other team is not shoving your lanes down your throat so hard they come out your ass, then you can farm up to win. As an AD range I hug tower and farm that **** up. Play it cautious and if your team has enough intelligence to play it careful too, you can stop them from getting kills. They'll still farm, get baron control, dragon control. buff control, but that does not mean that they will automatically win.

If you have a late game carry, and please know what champs those are, then why the hell would you deny them late game unless they are the one(s) feeding the other team? Sure, if everyone but your Soraka is feeding, you probably don't have a chance. But if your Ashe or Cait or Nasus or anyone who scales really well into late late game are doing well at 20 minutes, you have to be the most illogical person to surrender the game then.

On top of all of this, if your team is so bad that your loss is guaranteed, you're gonna lose pretty quick. If your most important players are all feeding and only your support and straight tank are holding their own, you are not going to last very long, so the time you would save by surrendering becomes nominal. And who knows, maybe your support turns into battle Taric and goes hard as ****, scores an ace on his own, then leads your team to victory? It could happen, I've seen it happen.

tl;dr:
If your loss is guaranteed, accept it and go down with your battle glory intact. You won't save time or dignity by surrendering anyway.
If your team has a chance of lasting another 10 minutes, let them have it. The game changes after mid game and anything can happen.