Lux Ult vs. Vlad Pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerobotty

06-04-2012

I've recently palyed a vlad v lux game(as vlad) and I was able to avoid all of Lux's offensive abilities, even auto attacks, with pool.

Just from reading your first post, I get the feeling that you don't quite understand 'untargetable' ,in League of Legends at least. In LoL, it means that something that is already effecting you i.e. root, dot, will continue to effect you, however, anything that tries to effect you during your period of 'untargetability' will fail i.e. healing, damage, cc.

The Lux ult falls into the damage category. I wanted to use morgana as an example, but since this is about lux, I shall use her instead:
In each situation, Lux has thrown her e and it will land on the path vlad is taking.

- Vlad does not use pool at any time. He is slowed, and takes damage.
- Vlad uses pool after singularity has landed on him. He is slowed during pool, but will not take any damage if it explodes during.
- Vlad uses pool before singularity has landed on him. His move speed will not change and he will not take any damage if it explodes during pool.

Of course there is timing involved, but that isn't really the point. The point is that, if nothing is effecting vlad before he pools then he cannot die during it.

I guess I'm just rambling now. Sorry if I'm being rude, and if you were just looking for a red, sorry for wasting your time. Just thought I might be able to help you see.

Dragon Striker9

06-05-2012

Think of it like this. Lux's ult TARGETS all enemies in range. Therefore, untargetable makes it impossible for her ult to hit Vladimir when he is in Sanguine Pool form. I rest my case

Reapexx

06-05-2012

Being untargetable lets you dodge some AoE's.

A lot of linear skillshots will miss Vlad in his pool. Also, Lux's ult travels in the air.

Reapexx

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Striker9 View Post
Think of it like this. Lux's ult TARGETS all enemies in range. Therefore, untargetable makes it impossible for her ult to hit Vladimir when he is in Sanguine Pool form. I rest my case
Heavy Storm doesn't target all the backfield, ****.

Amalthea

06-05-2012

Since noone posting here seems to care/understand what the thread is actually asking for Im just going to change the OP so noone wastes any more time.

Dragon Striker9

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaineRPX View Post
Heavy Storm doesn't target all the backfield, ****.
What do you mean, Heavy Storm? I'm talking about Finales Funkeln. Don't know what the **** you're talking about.

RadiantPyrophore

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHarlequin View Post
It's working as intended. Being something as obvious as this, they would have noticed if it weren't intentional. When Vladimir uses his pool, he can't be damaged by anything - much like Fizz's pole jump move. It isn't a bug, it's working fine.
This is incorrect, all tether skills will remain linked to him and still do damage and CC effects to him. Turret shots will also follow him into his pool and hit him.

iHarlequin

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Coriolis View Post
This is incorrect, all tether skills will remain linked to him and still do damage and CC effects to him. Turret shots will also follow him into his pool and hit him.
DoTs remain (Fid. drain and ignite, for instance), turret loses him as target, and CC does not affect him while he is in pool form. Have you ever played Vladimir?