Lux Ult vs. Vlad Pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post
No, and also not to be rude, but I am literate enough to know the difference between untargetable, invulnerable, and targetable.

The intent is in the meaning of the words, but I understand your confusion. I came up with a sweet pseudo-rhyme to describe solve your issue:

It's not mechanics, it's semantics!
See, i truly meant no offense and you took it. I was not calling you illiterate but there has been large debate on this topic where plenty of people feel one way or the other and I have never seen a red post clarifying their true intent.

It isnt an insult to your intelligence to ask for something more than just your opinion of it. It isn't even saying that what you state is not the truth only that this thread is not looking for people's interpretations, thats been done to death. It was originally looking for anecdotes on what people were seeing in game and has evolved to a quest for red clarification.

SO again, not trying to be rude, you just are answering a question the thread isn't asking and I am trying to keep it on topic so it doesnt bloat to a bunch of people coming in saying i think it should work this way based off this thing yadayada...get it...if not than sorry but I cannot make my intentions (or lack of intent to insult you) any more clear.

xHanaelx

06-04-2012

Quote:
If you have a red post that backs up your claim please post it...
Amalthea, you're looking for an answer to a question that has never been asked. Vlad's pool, as far as the game has been playing, works as it should. If you wish to truly find out whether or not his pool is not working as intended, or if it happens to be a bug/glitch as specific as Lux vs. Vlad, then test it with other champions. Cho'Gath spikes, Leona's Zenith Blade or her ult, Morde's cone attack, etc. These are all AoE damages, as I'm sure you're aware. If these spells affect Vlad while in pool, then yes, glitch/bug. Otherwise, it's working as intended.

Violcrimas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

He is not invulnerable because DoTs do damage to him (they won't if you use Zhonya). But he is untargettable-you can't put any spells on him, basically. Lux' ult can't target him And Ashe arrow too. Not invilnerable cos ignite damages him if was put before pooling But untargettable cos u can't ignite him while he's in pool

Lame One

06-04-2012

Amalthea, sorry to break it to you, but this is intended. When Fizz was first released, people thought that because it said that he was untargetable that you could throw down a Morgana pool underneath him when he troll poled and it would do damage. Nobody says this anymore, because over time, people realized that this wasn't the case. Same goes for Vlad. If he has a DoT on him before he goes into pool, it will continue to damage him. Same with a tether, such as Fid's Drain or Morgana's Ultimate. These will not, however, target him if activated when he is in pool. While I have in the past been Galio taunted once or twice as a pooled vlad (it looks kinda weird, tbh), this is most likely because I started to pool before the taunt, but had not finished by the time it proc'd.

Amalthea

06-04-2012

One more time as plain as I can....

If you dont have a red quote to back up your post or are a red yourself -- your interpretation, regardless of it's accuracy, is not useful to this thread.

Again, please do not think that because you cannot prove it with a red post that I am calling your interpretation false or you stupid or anything like that. It is just a waste of your time to post is as it is not what this thread is after.

This topic and several similar have already been debated out before in several threads that eventually die off without clarification. This one will probably go the same way as those but there is always the off chance I missed a thread with a red post or a red stumbles by this one and we'll get an undisputable answer. If not, then thats just fine too.

Amalthea

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHanaelx View Post
Amalthea, you're looking for an answer to a question that has never been asked. Vlad's pool, as far as the game has been playing, works as it should. If you wish to truly find out whether or not his pool is not working as intended, or if it happens to be a bug/glitch as specific as Lux vs. Vlad, then test it with other champions. Cho'Gath spikes, Leona's Zenith Blade or her ult, Morde's cone attack, etc. These are all AoE damages, as I'm sure you're aware. If these spells affect Vlad while in pool, then yes, glitch/bug. Otherwise, it's working as intended.
Not to create more off topic posts by responding to this but i will address it quickly...

I believe the question has been asked, I just do not see that it was ever answered. Testing other champs would not prove the bug only that there is an inconsistency. I would still have to come back and ask intent to find which was the bug and which was intended. And it is because there are people already claiming that starfall dmgs vlad and that lux's ult (this is the one I originally came to dispute b.c people are saying i am just missing and i am saying it is aimed right and doing no dmg) when aimed correctly will damage etc. that I consider this the most direct route to determining the truth.

Amalthea

06-04-2012

It doesn’t hurt anyone to ask for undisputable clarification. I see this as only benefiting the community. Even if what I was asking was completely useless or completely obvious, the amount of time it takes a red to relay the answer is pretty minimal (I assume its general knowledge for most of the reds on the forum) and I have seen responses on many less pertinent topics.

So let’s just see if we get an answer or let this die again. But let’s please stop beating a dead horse by filling up this thread with how we all believe it works/should work.

Extremeasaurus

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthea View Post
And do you have a red post confirming your interpretation is their intention? I am not trying to be rude but I cannot say more plainly that I am looking for red quotes or a response from one of them as it is the only way to truly ascertain their intent.
Don't need a red post. What the hell do you think "untargetable" means? That you are untargetable but should still take damage from skillshots? Please, stop making yourself look like an idiot.

Amalthea

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeasaurus View Post
Don't need a red post. What the hell do you think "untargetable" means? That you are untargetable but should still take damage from skillshots? Please, stop making yourself look like an idiot.
Please, stop making yourself look like a jerk. Really, what is it to you what I ask for? Noone requires you to post in threads so if you see one you don't like you can just skip over it. Sheesh...I don't get why people seem to be all up in arms over something so small. from this point Im not going to bother responding to the troll posts that, at this point, are people going out of there way to post what they know is not what the thread is looking for.

Troll elsewhere.

Teamwork Pls

06-04-2012

You don't need a red post like its not hard to understand these mechanics if you don't hit him before he is in his pool he won't get hit i played a game against a vlad as teemo just last night and effects put on him before he pools (poison darts& ignite in last nights case, which caused him to die during his pool.) will yes still do damage while he is in the pool but only IF it was before the skill had finished and therefore making him untargetable. its not hard to get. hit him before he pools.