Lux Ult vs. Vlad Pool

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

I give up trying to get a response via this method because all I seem to get are people with good intentions that do not seem to understand what this thread is after or trolls who know they are posting what I am not asking and just do it for the fun of it or to try to be a smart ass and insult people.

Thanks for those who were genuinely trying to help but just did not have the information I was looking for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

A quick side question about video capturing in game, is there software you download to record the game and just cut around the peice you want or can we use the replay system somehow to get a clip of the game to show to others?

thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurionin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2012

When a character becomes "untargetable" this includes area of effect spells. It is the same when a person uses Zhonya's, or when Fizz jumps on his staff. This is not a bug, and if you meant it to be a suggestion on what should be changed about Sanguine Pool, you should have posted it under Suggestions, not Bug Reports.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurionin View Post
When a character becomes "untargetable" this includes area of effect spells. It is the same when a person uses Zhonya's, or when Fizz jumps on his staff. This is not a bug, and if you meant it to be a suggestion on what should be changed about Sanguine Pool, you should have posted it under Suggestions, not Bug Reports.
I do not believe this is the case and there are things that do affect him while pooling to suggest that it is not the case.

If you look at the info under zhonya's is reads " +100 Ability Power +50 Armor UNIQUE Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)."

Note that is says both untargetable AND invulnerable. this is not the same as vlad's pool.

If you have a red post that backs up your claim please post it as i have been looking for one but I mentioned in my orig post that I didnt believe this was the intended effect (if it is even happening which is the actual point to the thread as people in games have said it dmgs him in pool).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iHarlequin

Senior Member

06-04-2012

It's working as intended. Being something as obvious as this, they would have noticed if it weren't intentional. When Vladimir uses his pool, he can't be damaged by anything - much like Fizz's pole jump move. It isn't a bug, it's working fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHarlequin View Post
It's working as intended. Being something as obvious as this, they would have noticed if it weren't intentional. When Vladimir uses his pool, he can't be damaged by anything - much like Fizz's pole jump move. It isn't a bug, it's working fine.
This is wrong. sigh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

so far the only red post I found in the 20 or so threads I read debating all the inconsistencies of not only what should be hitting him but what is hitting him is this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
While you are in your "pool" form as Vlad, you are untargetable. If you have a damage over time spell on you, like the summoner spell Ignite, you will continue to take damage from it. Pool is not a cleanse.

-The Beard
This response was to the question "Why can i still be targeted/hit while in pool as Vlad" and, while it proves there are things that will damage him while pooling, it does not address aoe dmg on a pooling Vlad.

Does anyone have anything from a red confirming things about vlads pool, all I seem to find are players with contradicting anecdotes and conflicting opinions. Though I had originally hoped to find out what was happening (does he always take 0 dmg from her aoes) perhaps nailing down what riot intended is more important.

Is he meant to be literally untargetable meaning things on him before pooling(DoTs and channels) will be left alone and spells requiring no target will dmg him (spells requiring a target like ryze prison/cait ult etc. and auto attacks will be negated)

Or does untargetable mean things on him before pooling(DoTs and channels) will be left alone but he cannot be dmged by auto attacks nor can any new spells be applied (so no dmg from soraka's starfall, lux's E etc.)

Any Red out there want to clarify or someone direct me to a thread to where their clarification resides =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philanthropist

Senior Member

06-04-2012

Stuff that affects vlad before the pool continue to affect vlad during the pool. DoT's remain. Fiddles drain remains. Exhaust remains. These spells have already been, and reached, their intended target.

Spells like Taric's or any of Lux's skills have only been aimed, and have a travel/charge up time. If Vlad is in his pool when these spells 'hit' his general area, there is no target for the damage/cc to be applied to, so no effect is apparent.

No target? No effect for any spells.


Zhonya's Hourglass is different, as it renders you invulnerable; it will prevent all damage occuring during stasis, and render you untargetable by future spells/attacks for the duration. Ignite's ticks will stop doing damage, but will still apply the healing debuff, as Zhonya's is not a cleanse. Same goes for exhaust, your damage is still reduced.


There is just a subtle difference in your interpreted semantics


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amalthea

Member

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post
Stuff that affects vlad before the pool continue to affect vlad during the pool. DoT's remain. Fiddles drain remains. Exhaust remains. These spells have already been, and reached, their intended target.

Spells like Taric's or any of Lux's skills have only been aimed, and have a travel/charge up time. If Vlad is in his pool when these spells 'hit' his general area, there is no target for the damage/cc to be applied to, so no effect is apparent.

No target? No effect for any spells.


Zhonya's Hourglass is different, as it renders you invulnerable; it will prevent all damage occuring during stasis, and render you untargetable by future spells/attacks for the duration. Ignite's ticks will stop doing damage, but will still apply the healing debuff, as Zhonya's is not a cleanse. Same goes for exhaust, your damage is still reduced.


There is just a subtle difference in your interpreted semantics
And do you have a red post confirming your interpretation is their intention? I am not trying to be rude but I cannot say more plainly that I am looking for red quotes or a response from one of them as it is the only way to truly ascertain their intent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philanthropist

Senior Member

06-04-2012

No, and also not to be rude, but I am literate enough to know the difference between untargetable, invulnerable, and targetable.

The intent is in the meaning of the words, but I understand your confusion. I came up with a sweet pseudo-rhyme to describe solve your issue:


It's not mechanics, it's semantics!


123