Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone actually play Draft Pick Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

06-04-2012

Im at 2k elo for dominion right now through blind pick. Is it advisable to queue up for draft at all? Do any high elo players do it, or is it just blind pick (which I actually just hate for many reasons).

HaIfhearted

06-04-2012

There are still high elo draft players like myself, but because of the queue times most people go to blind.

Also, getting dodged is a ***** after waiting 20+ minutes.

Cameran

06-04-2012

I pretty much exclusively play draft (at 2k elo); unfortunately, due to the lack of dodge penalty, there is very little incentive (for the players you will be paired up with) to *not* dodge unfavorable team comps. You will have a queue time of anywhere between 5 and 60 minutes, with an average of close to 30 min (ignore the client's average), so a dodge isn't really an option for you if, say, no one picks a bot.

Sad, too, because blind is a joke of a mode at all but the highest of elo due to the preponderance of steamroller champs.

Helixes

06-04-2012

I get over 10 min Q's in draft and I only have about a +30 win loss so I went to blind. 3-5 min was fine. 10+? Thats half a games time.

inFe eD

06-04-2012

wtb dodge penalty

DD Tootulz

06-04-2012

Draft should be the only mode serious players Q up for... but it isn't because of the evil Q time in blind =(

Sauron

06-04-2012

They should remove blind pick and force everyone to play draft.

And put in a dodge penalty.

But seriously, it really is the lack of dodge penalty that makes draft near-unplayable at high Elo right now.

Actually, nevermind that, just give us a "whatever" queue that can match into either a blind or draft game.

Phourc

06-04-2012

Haha, I got absolutely ridiculous draft queues for a while so I'm ditching the mode... maybe someday I'll try it again. (Last weekend was some of the WORST games I've played in my entire LoL-career).

Dragull

06-04-2012

Just for curiosity, how do you know you ELO?

Ardnalis

06-04-2012

Quote:
Dragull:
Just for curiosity, how do you know you ELO?

http://lolmatches.com/player/na/21582310/Dragull