Building a better Xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroyok

06-04-2012

Hello all!

I've recently discovered my love of Xerath, and am curious to how people are stacking him up. Currently, I use my AP Tank getup on him(mpen reds, armor yellows, mresist blues and HP quints, 9/21) and grab Ionian boots and an early Void Staff. From there, I do Rylai's. Last game, I picked up DFG and had a blast. 3 second cooldown on his Q, 4 seconds on his Locus, 4(I think) on his Chains and 36 on his ult. Anyway, what I try to do with this build is take advantage of his innate mpen and shoot for a tanky cdr kite build. Opinions on this? Also, How would you build him?

Edit - I just played a match and changed to some AP runes and 22/8...worked out much better

Foxichu

06-04-2012

Xerath is in my top 5, so I might be able to help.

1: Take advantage of the fact that Dominion is plagued by AD Bruisers, and abuse his passive.
2: Get an early Tear of the Goddess.
3: Archangels/Rabadons/Void Staff/Odyns Veil/DFG/Filler
4: Don't get in front. Use your teammates as shield, use Locus of Power and abuse your range to all hell.
5: Remember his stun lock is crazy if you time his ult right. If you have 40% CDR, you can stun 3 times in 1 ult.

Aroyok

06-05-2012

After a experimenting a lot over the past day, I've come to conclude that, for me, an optimally built Xerath uses AP runes, 21/9 masteries, and builds CDR boots, DFG, Rylai and Void Staff. I've tried other builds, but getting the survivability and kitingness from Rylai's, nuke from DFG or damage from Void just doesn't come soon enough.

I also experimented lulzily with WotA, and just found that he doesn't vamp enough to make it worthwhile.