Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
Exactly. He has an execute, but one of the poorest skillsets for actually chunking people's hp down. lol.

People want the duration of his W buff to last longer, but I think if it was changed to a regular nuke rather than an execute, a longer duration might be op.
Mmm I still don't think so. The real issue with his W is that why the hell does it need stacks to be used in the first place?

No other ability has that sort of limitation and if I were designing an ability like that I'd be scared to put it on Ezreal, a ranged champion with a ton of mobility. Putting it on a melee champion who only has 1 "burst mobility" move was an awful decision.

Asdioh

10-24-2012

Meh. I mean I like the way that you have to attack multiple times to get max attack speed, but the ability to use the active anytime or not isn't a big deal to me. Sometimes it's a pain, but I've played Voli so much that I never really thought about it.

Come to think of it, this game loves to put "reduces cooldown by 1 second" etc type abilities. What if Volibear's W cooldown was reduced by .5-1 second for every time he attacks with max stacks on?

A bouncy Furret

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
Meh. I mean I like the way that you have to attack multiple times to get max attack speed, but the ability to use the active anytime or not isn't a big deal to me. Sometimes it's a pain, but I've played Voli so much that I never really thought about it.

Come to think of it, this game loves to put "reduces cooldown by 1 second" etc type abilities. What if Volibear's W cooldown was reduced by .5-1 second for every time he attacks with max stacks on?
Maybe the damage could scale with stacks, so you can use it without stacks but using it with stacks yields better results?

Edit: The reduced cool down would be amazing but might be OP.

A bouncy Furret

10-24-2012

Just had a big discussion (by big I mean Morello replied twice and then I spammed him a **** ton because I over react like that) with Morello about this over Twitter.

He's afraid that if Volibear is too strong he will have no counterplay and that he's too metagolem. I can see what he means but I feel he lacks experience with Volibear to understand what it is like to play him.

How do we convince him otherwise?

A bouncy Furret

10-25-2012

Bump

Ryan Matsushima

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
Just had a big discussion (by big I mean Morello replied twice and then I spammed him a **** ton because I over react like that) with Morello about this over Twitter.

He's afraid that if Volibear is too strong he will have no counterplay and that he's too metagolem. I can see what he means but I feel he lacks experience with Volibear to understand what it is like to play him.

How do we convince him otherwise?

You want to try to convince one of the most retarded workers at Riot to BUFF a champion?

You're better off buying a lotto ticket.

A bouncy Furret

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Matsushima View Post
You want to try to convince one of the most retarded workers at Riot to BUFF a champion?

You're better off buying a lotto ticket.
Heh... Volty started getting involved and things got kinda silly....

"if you don't like being kited though... There are melee to pick that can more consistently engage" -RiotVolty

Let me reword that for you "If you don't like playing a champion we're very ignorantly not going to look at the issues they have, pick someone else! Problem solved"

Sorry Volty but you have to do better than that if you want me to keep loving you.

A bouncy Furret

10-25-2012

Volty even said this which broke my heart in two.

"There are probably feel improvements we can make-might have to drop power in other places."

WHAT POWER CAN YOU DROP? VOLIBEAR IS ABSURDLY WEAK NOW! Why do we have to sacrifice power just so our champion is playable?

Knight of Dusk

10-25-2012

D:

Finally some input and it's "go play someone else"? I don't know how I shoould feel. Yes, if Volibear got some buffing, he'd become quite powerful, he has the potential to be top tier even. Damage without building damage? It's a crazy feature of his, but c'mon, we're fine losing the execute on frenzy, health to damage is a silly mechanic anyway and the reason there actually are sincere "Voli too OP!" people.

Thunder Claws giving too much free damage to get a buff? Sure, I can see that. But make it deal less damage, much less even, but give it worthwhile scaling, AP or AD, both, doesn't matter!

But above all, just do something against the kiting! Make him able to break slows, or just improve his gap closing ablity. The jump on frenzy that was suggested is a really great idea for example.

A bouncy Furret

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
D:

Finally some input and it's "go play someone else"? I don't know how I shoould feel. Yes, if Volibear got some buffing, he'd become quite powerful, he has the potential to be top tier even. Damage without building damage? It's a crazy feature of his, but c'mon, we're fine losing the execute on frenzy, health to damage is a silly mechanic anyway and the reason there actually are sincere "Voli too OP!" people.

Thunder Claws giving too much free damage to get a buff? Sure, I can see that. But make it deal less damage, much less even, but give it worthwhile scaling, AP or AD, both, doesn't matter!

But above all, just do something against the kiting! Make him able to break slows, or just improve his gap closing ablity. The jump on frenzy that was suggested is a really great idea for example.
When things like this happen I can't help but lose faith in Riot.

If Volibear was played more Riot would be alllllll over him, but he doesn't sell

Nothing to do but keep being a thorn in the side of Riot until they actually look at Volibear's issues.