Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

Agreed. I love Volibear, he's great fun. But there's just so many small things that get in his way.

I don't understand why he's not getting any QoL, he's not THAT unpopular. If they fixed him up, maybe lowered his price to 4800, more people would buy him/start playing him again too.

PyroniusRex

10-20-2012

I always thought he'd be in a very good spot if his W had a modest leap range like 1/4-1/3 of a Tristana jump and that way a W-Q combo would be very potent when he is supporting, ganking, or initiating. Any thoughts on this?

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

Oooh, I like it! Always thought his W had a painful range, even if it fits since it's a BITE. This makes much more sense than merely extending the range, and I agree it'd boost his potential in a lot areas.

Plus it makes Voli seem more active if he'd leap at his targets, like he really wants to maul your face off.

Painguin22

10-20-2012

I love dat bear c:

PyroniusRex

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Oooh, I like it! Always thought his W had a painful range, even if it fits since it's a BITE. This makes much more sense than merely extending the range, and I agree it'd boost his potential in a lot areas.

Plus it makes Voli seem more active if he'd leap at his targets, like he really wants to maul your face off.
I'd say his E but it might give him a bit too much chasing potential in combination with his Q,

LarcyBrown

10-20-2012

i dunno what you people are on about volibear seems just fine as he is.
He got me to silver at 1150 elo and im happy bout that.

I dun get why you want to increase the bite range, its already super op as it is if you ask me for a skill thats supposed to be melle range.

Nocte Prime

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Agreed. I love Volibear, he's great fun. But there's just so many small things that get in his way.

I don't understand why he's not getting any QoL, he's not THAT unpopular. If they fixed him up, maybe lowered his price to 4800, more people would buy him/start playing him again too.
Volibear isn't one of Riot's "chosen" so he won't be getting any changes. It boggles my mind how Riot lets so many champs just sit in that mediocre zone where they aren't awful, but they aren't on the same level as the "chosen".

homieknight3

10-20-2012

bump 4 the bear

PyroniusRex

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
i dunno what you people are on about volibear seems just fine as he is.
He got me to silver at 1150 elo and im happy bout that.

I dun get why you want to increase the bite range, its already super op as it is if you ask me for a skill thats supposed to be melle range.
He's out classed and only works well in certain teams against certain teams.

Knight of Dusk

10-20-2012

I don't know how much experience you have with Volibear Larc, but he really doesn't match up to the standard performance for whatever role you want to put him in.

I used to main him, played every role with him (well, not mid), I thought he was great all the way to lvl 30. It wasn't until I got more experienced that I realized that there were so many better options, and started to see the reasons why I did poorly when games went bad with Voli. Heck, I've only been succesful with him because my team had gotten so used to having him on we'd started building around him.

He's easily kited. He loses his speed as soon as he reaches you. And just wait for the frenzy stacks to drop and for Thunder Claws to expire. He's now harmless. His skills are just on too high a cooldown. Amongst lesser experienced players, people won't know to do that and that he has this big window. And so you can feast on their flesh to your hearts content. Sometimes.

His damage doesn't scale well, so if the game goes on for very long, all your contributing is the occasional right on time fling into your team and W kill secure.

When going tank, you have nothing that makes you tanky except your passive, and it is down for too long to be there whenever you need it to be, and it needs tons of armor and health to truly become great. So basically, you need a lot of gold. Which you shouldn't have a lot of if you're the tank. So you need to get kills and farm to tank effectively. See the problem?

I might be missing something, I'm a bit tired, but you get the basic idea.