Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-15-2013

the only place i go with volibear is the jungle, because daaaaa bears.

whenever im jungle volibear good things seem to happen and i snowball lanes like crazy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigthunderz

Senior Member

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
the only place i go with volibear is the jungle, because daaaaa bears.

whenever im jungle volibear good things seem to happen and i snowball lanes like crazy
Can you list your build please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS15780dc83872d25e80b86

Member

02-18-2013

Volty said he is pleased to look into voli again after Quinn and Valors release.
I'm awaiting this way more then the new champion release
Love him as a Top Laner <3

https://twitter.com/RiotVolty/status/303277734703026176


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Volty, I beg of you to reconsider any decision to change Volibear's current state. He is a strong champion that is extremely balanced and if changed at all will require nerfs or buffs depending on the changes that he undergoes. Do not change Volibear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigthunderz

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Volty, I beg of you to reconsider any decision to change Volibear's current state. He is a strong champion that is extremely balanced and if changed at all will require nerfs or buffs depending on the changes that he undergoes. Do not change Volibear.
Volibear is good right now but could use some minor changes to make him a little better.

Q - Remove minion unit collision
W - Increase range a little or have it last a little longer once proc'd
E - Add silence
R - Remove cast time, you need to be able to cast this while running imo

Other than that I'm pretty happy with him. The main problems I have are Hitting Q and trying to run through minions and swerve around them and miss target. Having W proc'd running a champ down but I hit W on them and even though they are close it doesn't bite before cooldown expires. Hitting Q with the plan of tossing and ulting someone but you hit R to ult and they have 1 second to run away.

These are all minor changes that don't affect damage, attack speed, movement, health, armor, magic resist. Just smoother play for Volibear.

Edit: I would also be happy with a new skin, I've been using the Thunder Lord skin for awhile now.

Some ideas:

Football bear - in pads and helmet
Gummi bear - had to
Circus bear - maybe riding a little bike
Robot bear - Robot + Bear = amazing
Steampunk bear - could be cool lookin
Kung fu bear - could work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthunderz View Post
Volibear is good right now but could use some minor changes to make him a little better.

Q - Remove minion unit collision
W - Increase range a little or have it last a little longer once proc'd
E - Add silence
R - Remove cast time, you need to be able to cast this while running imo
Any change to Volibear would push him over the edge. Volibear is not meant to do everything. He cannot be a tanky initiator that can deal **** tons of damage while still being able to silence AP and AD casters. That is a team's job, not a single champion's job. Volibear is in a good place right now and I do not need people advocating for buffs just so he gets nerfed afterward. Adding a silence to E would make him extremely OP because it is an AoE spell which would make him one of the best tanky-initator-fighter champions in the game which is too much in one champion. Think of Malphite; he has a great initation spell and is hard to bring down. He does not have an AoE silence and his damage output is low which means he compensates for his CC ult. He is well balanced and so is Volibear. Volibear combines a mix of damage and durability. If you plan to add anymore CC into his kit then damage or tankiness will have to be taken out. Adding no unit collision to his Q would improve his CC, but the damage would most likely have to be taken off the ability. In addition, adding time to his W would probably result in increasing the number of swings he would need to reach bite mode. Taking off the R cast time is the smallest amount of change I think Riot would allow without nerfing other parts of his kit.

Please realize that Volibear is a well balanced champion that has strengths and weaknesses and will not be able to do everything. If you improve other parts of his kit, expect other parts to be nerfed to compensate his individual power in a teamfight or duel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigthunderz

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Any change to Volibear would push him over the edge. Volibear is not meant to do everything. He cannot be a tanky initiator that can deal **** tons of damage while still being able to silence AP and AD casters. That is a team's job, not a single champion's job. Volibear is in a good place right now and I do not need people advocating for buffs just so he gets nerfed afterward. Adding a silence to E would make him extremely OP because it is an AoE spell which would make him one of the best tanky-initator-fighter champions in the game which is too much in one champion. Think of Malphite; he has a great initation spell and is hard to bring down. He does not have an AoE silence and his damage output is low which means he compensates for his CC ult. He is well balanced and so is Volibear. Volibear combines a mix of damage and durability. If you plan to add anymore CC into his kit then damage or tankiness will have to be taken out. Adding no unit collision to his Q would improve his CC, but the damage would most likely have to be taken off the ability. In addition, adding time to his W would probably result in increasing the number of swings he would need to reach bite mode. Taking off the R cast time is the smallest amount of change I think Riot would allow without nerfing other parts of his kit.

Please realize that Volibear is a well balanced champion that has strengths and weaknesses and will not be able to do everything. If you improve other parts of his kit, expect other parts to be nerfed to compensate his individual power in a teamfight or duel.
I said he was good right now and would only want minor changes like listed. I agree silence on E would be op so trash that. Trash the Q idea if you want as well.

Do you like W and R? His cast time on R is my biggest thing, just let us be able to cast it while running


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odwrayle

Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthunderz View Post
Volibear is good right now but could use some minor changes to make him a little better.

Q - Remove minion unit collision
W - Increase range a little or have it last a little longer once proc'd
E - Add silence
R - Remove cast time, you need to be able to cast this while running imo
How is an aoe silence a minor change?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pie Kills

Member

02-19-2013

I think the cast time removal would be enough


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

Senior Member

02-20-2013

Volibear just got a slight buff with the recent BotRK changes. Adding an attack speed buff to this item could sway his dps to an unbelieably high level and considering he doesnt have to build another attack speed item after BotRK means he is that much more powerful. He can shred through tanks and bruisers now with this item and destroy quishies still because of his w burst and ult damage. I thought Volibear was already in a good place, but this just amplified his single target damage output.

Edit: Also Volibear's popularity has risen recently because of him being in free week and also because he was played in a tournament. This may add incentive for Riot to throw a skin our way.