Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghave

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
In fairness to Volty, he is busy putting the polishing touches on our next champion, and she's a real doozy. Don't take silence on his part as anything more than him being tied up for a while.

Also, I found the Volibear attack speed increase to be a nice buff to his jungle speed. Since it impacts his base attack speed, that is multiplied by all attack speed bonuses from abilities/items/etc. It wasn't intended to be a huge power spike, but rather a small buff for a champion that needed... a small buff.
This is good news thank you CertainlyT! I like the attack speed buff but he still needs other small changes like no cast time on his ult and something with this Q. Just a few more simple things

Pawstruck

02-06-2013

Quote:
Also, I found the Volibear attack speed increase to be a nice buff to his jungle speed. Since it impacts his base attack speed, that is multiplied by all attack speed bonuses from abilities/items/etc. It wasn't intended to be a huge power spike, but rather a small buff for a champion that needed... a small buff.
Kind of, yeah, but Voli's kit is still a little awkward (and I think underpowered). The cast time on R is still nonsensical. IMO, the cast time on W is dumb, too. Why does an execute take 1.5s to cast? Why, if they move out of range, does it not only fail the execute, but the game tries to MOVE ME TOWARDS THEM?

Y'see that champion in your portrait, CertainlyT? He presses R and you die. Doesn't matter if you flash away, walk away, etc. You get your head chopped off. Meanwhile, Volibear's execute feels incredibly unsatisfying in both animation, sound effect, and mechanical operation.

CragBlade

02-06-2013

Quote:
In fairness to Volty, he is busy putting the polishing touches on our next champion, and she's a real doozy. .
Isn't every Volty champion a doozy? He makes interesting and unique champs fairly often.

Brozan

02-06-2013

Support volibear is fun at what used to be Silver/Gold elo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoxW6OXJFk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKT7qISeyoc

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
Y'see that champion in your portrait, CertainlyT? He presses R and you die. Doesn't matter if you flash away, walk away, etc. You get your head chopped off. Meanwhile, Volibear's execute feels incredibly unsatisfying in both animation, sound effect, and mechanical operation.
To be fair, Darius's execute is an ultimate. Volibear's is on a shorter cooldown baring refreshes.

That being said, while I am fine with Frenzy's base damages and %enemy health I wish the scaling with Volibear's own health was a bit stronger. Maybe if it scaled with total health instead of bonus health?

What if his E could fear Champions as well as minions/monsters? Really help him stick to people.

Asdioh

02-06-2013

I still strongly believe that having an execute (especially one that scales on health) on his W messes up Volibear's kit. It causes the cooldown to be (way) too long, and possibly subtracts power from his other areas. I still think making the W active a damaging nuke that doesn't scale off missing health, with a much shorter cooldown, will make Volibear more reliable in many situations, namely trading in lane, jungle clearing speed, and consistent damage output in teamfights.
Also yeah, it feels really bad when you've built up your three stacks, and then you're trying to execute someone as they run away, but they're JUST out of range because the range is so short, and then you eventually lose your stacks as you try to chase them.

UshiromiyaBatora

02-06-2013

Zyra (Woman), Diana (Woman), Syndra (Woman), Elise (Woman), Vi (Woman), Nami(Female/Woman), Kha'Zix (Something), Thresh (Something), Zed (Man), Rengar (Male).

Those are the last 10 champions.
6~5 Women, 2 Something and 1~2 Furry AND A SINGLE MALE CHAMPION, and he dosn't even show his face.
And now, more woman.
Riot, stop with that "X chromosome factory" and start making guys.

Requizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Honestly, I've been having huge success with Voli in the jungle recently. With the lower health on small creeps, 2-3 points in E will 2 shot them at pretty much all points in the game, and his AS from W is more than enough to kill the big ones quickly. Spirit of the Ancient Golem is also stupidly effective on him.

I realize you sacrifice a bit of damage putting points in E over W, but it really makes his jungle speed rather good and safe. I rank him as among my favorite and successful junglers as of late.

Cyrris

02-06-2013

Ya, but there was lots of males before that draven, darius, varus, hecarim. As far as Voli goes, really love him just got into playing him the last month. He's pretty interesting in that he can really be tanky as heck and still do plenty of damage because of his bite, so I definitely think it doesn't need to be changed. I have a love/hate relationship with his ult sometimes I just want to use it to clear minion waves quick, but hate to waste it on minions and not on a champ, although when the champ is running it seems like I can't get enough use out of it if I have already used my q and e. I won't complain to any buffs the bear gets though, and liked the small AS boost he just got.

Asdioh

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
Honestly, I've been having huge success with Voli in the jungle recently. With the lower health on small creeps, 2-3 points in E will 2 shot them at pretty much all points in the game, and his AS from W is more than enough to kill the big ones quickly. Spirit of the Ancient Golem is also stupidly effective on him.
I've been playing Rammus lately, and while he also suffers from slow clear times, his ability to be everywhere on the map makes me feel so much better at snowballing games than Voli. I feel like I've betrayed Voli though :x