Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asdioh

01-31-2013

Lately I've been experimenting with maxing Q second instead of E. It's kind of hard because I subconsciously want to level E ASAP due to how much I've played Voli, but yeah. The cooldown reduction might be overall more useful than the tiny bit of extra slow and damage (and mana cost!) on E. Will also be looking into building more CDR items (Spirit Visage, Locket and Frozen Heart probably the most desirable, or maybe Nashor's if I want attack speed, though I usually just build straight tank) in order to have fling up as often as possible.

Rossingol

01-31-2013

From the latest patch notes....

Volibear
Volibearís base attack speed was below average for an attack-based melee champion. This change helps address this deficiency and helps him clear the jungle.

Base attack speed increased to 0.658 from 0.625

Asdioh

01-31-2013

so in a nutshell YAY

Allorim

01-31-2013

AS Buff

Iklo

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX Allorim View Post
AS Buff
Hardly, they increased it by a hair at most. I mean if they increased his w bonus attack speed per swing by a little then it would be a buff, but this base attack speed buff? Hardly considered noticeable.

Asdioh

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Hardly, they increased it by a hair at most. I mean if they increased his w bonus attack speed per swing by a little then it would be a buff, but this base attack speed buff? Hardly considered noticeable.
Voli: Base attack speed increased to 0.658 from 0.625

Graves: Base attack speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.638.

And people considered that a decent size nerf from what I remember, thought it was also paired with a nerf on quickdraw speed.

Jade Skull

01-31-2013

It's a start, but not nearly what he needs.

Asdioh

02-01-2013

Enemy Taric, Lux, and Miss Fortune focusing me as I charge down MF. Ignite, Flash, ult, etc on her. Get exhausted, and probably ignited. Still kill her. Escape with a sliver of health left.
Volibear feels OP sometimes :3

Iklo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
Enemy Taric, Lux, and Miss Fortune focusing me as I charge down MF. Ignite, Flash, ult, etc on her. Get exhausted, and probably ignited. Still kill her. Escape with a sliver of health left.
Volibear feels OP sometimes :3
I love those moments

Asdioh

02-03-2013

So are we still waiting for something? Volibear's obviously pretty strong right now, though it's not necessarily in a healthy, or consistent, way.