Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some simple Volibear playability thingies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaisenex

01-27-2013

bumping for bear love

Pie Kills

01-28-2013

Bear hugs

Asdioh

01-28-2013

So even though I play Voli all the time, I'm still not positive what champion pets he can/can't fear. I know for sure he can fear the Shaco clone, which is awesome. I'm still not sure about Elise spiderlings, Yorick ghouls, and the like.
edit: definitely fears Elise spiderlings. Yorick's ghouls are the ones I've been confused about for the longest time though.

@jungle voli people: machete+5 start, get madreds (and boots if you can) on first back, buy giants belt, buy mobility boots, buy warmogs. Is that about how your build order looks? I'd like to get mobility boots ASAP, but Voli is too squishy without the bonus health, even with his passive up.

Timjin

01-28-2013

Update on the bear soon please

Iklo

01-28-2013

Quote:
Asdioh:
So even though I play Voli all the time, I'm still not positive what champion pets he can/can't fear. I know for sure he can fear the Shaco clone, which is awesome. I'm still not sure about Elise spiderlings, Yorick ghouls, and the like.
edit: definitely fears Elise spiderlings. Yorick's ghouls are the ones I've been confused about for the longest time though.

@jungle voli people: machete+5 start, get madreds (and boots if you can) on first back, buy giants belt, buy mobility boots, buy warmogs. Is that about how your build order looks? I'd like to get mobility boots ASAP, but Voli is too squishy without the bonus health, even with his passive up.

Okay, so jungle Voli is much easier than it sounds. First machete/5 always, then get a good leash from blue dont smite it. After blue see if you can get a good gank on bot/top depending on which side you are on. If you cant then go to enemy jungler red and smite it before he does then precede to kill him, after that you can b or continue to farm your jungle if you have enough health. On first recall you should be able to get mobility boots so you can gank easier and farm quicker. The number one rule with Volibear is to gank whenever you can. Volibear jungle is all about making positive plays in a short amount of time. Ganking twice within a min is not a bad idea.

This is how I gank. I enter behind them if I can, then I hit them with my e and smack them as much I can, after they burn their flash I activate my q and bite their ass and watch them cry because it is a 2v1 situation and they are most likely dead by now. Simple, easy, and Volibear can snowball so quickly if he gets one of the first kills and invades often. Volibear can duel 1v1 against almost any jungler early and win. This is because he doesnt have an ignite blocking his passive, which makes him win every trade against an enemy jungler. This is why invading their red after you have no smited blue works so well. I start with e and get q after blue so I can better stick to my targets. Your bite is powerful, but sticking to targets is the best thing Volibear can do early game. I level w first. The game is usually over by 20-30 unless my team feeds, in which case I am usually always fed so I just carry 3v1 in a teamfight and precede to dump on any adc that attempts to kill me. I average about 4 deaths per game because I am extra careful and know when to commit and when not to. The most important thing with early Volibear jungle is to know your opponents jungle clear time. This allows you to judge when he will be where within his first clear and allows you get first blood quickly. Outsmart your opponent and you win.

Edit: Do not upgrade machete because in my opinion it is a waste of money. Mobility boots is all you need to get ahead in kills. Now if it is more of a farming game depending on the situation then by all means only upgrade to madreds, not to lantern. Madreds allows for a faster clear time without sacrificing alot of gold.

Iklo

01-31-2013

Bump

Baraukarda

01-31-2013

Quote:
Okay, so jungle Voli is much easier than it sounds. First machete/5 always, then get a good leash from blue dont smite it. After blue see if you can get a good gank on bot/top depending on which side you are on. If you cant then go to enemy jungler red and smite it before he does then precede to kill him, after that you can b or continue to farm your jungle if you have enough health. On first recall you should be able to get mobility boots so you can gank easier and farm quicker. The number one rule with Volibear is to gank whenever you can. Volibear jungle is all about making positive plays in a short amount of time. Ganking twice within a min is not a bad idea.

This is how I gank. I enter behind them if I can, then I hit them with my e and smack them as much I can, after they burn their flash I activate my q and bite their ass and watch them cry because it is a 2v1 situation and they are most likely dead by now. Simple, easy, and Volibear can snowball so quickly if he gets one of the first kills and invades often. Volibear can duel 1v1 against almost any jungler early and win. This is because he doesnt have an ignite blocking his passive, which makes him win every trade against an enemy jungler. This is why invading their red after you have no smited blue works so well. I start with e and get q after blue so I can better stick to my targets. Your bite is powerful, but sticking to targets is the best thing Volibear can do early game. I level w first. The game is usually over by 20-30 unless my team feeds, in which case I am usually always fed so I just carry 3v1 in a teamfight and precede to dump on any adc that attempts to kill me. I average about 4 deaths per game because I am extra careful and know when to commit and when not to. The most important thing with early Volibear jungle is to know your opponents jungle clear time. This allows you to judge when he will be where within his first clear and allows you get first blood quickly. Outsmart your opponent and you win.

Edit: Do not upgrade machete because in my opinion it is a waste of money. Mobility boots is all you need to get ahead in kills. Now if it is more of a farming game depending on the situation then by all means only upgrade to madreds, not to lantern. Madreds allows for a faster clear time without sacrificing alot of gold.

cool stuff man. im playing Voli since the very first day he cames out. but in my experience, i never can make a good jungler of him. this info will help me a lot.

Extoll

01-31-2013

bump for awesome bear hugs!

Ghave

01-31-2013

@volty can we please get some information on what is going on? The sej changes have already been informed multiple times about things that they are working on. You don't need to give us a date just please tell us how things are progressing

Pie Kills

01-31-2013

It's already been almost a month now