Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avä

01-17-2013

b

?XJ9

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
I did not start this thread. I did not ask for a Volibear remake. I am simply stating my opinions on the idea of remaking him that was brought forth by Ursa. I do not take up 50% of this thread in posts because I came in late to the discussion at hand. Infact, I came in after 100 pages was passed and right before Volty posted in this thread. Your logic is frustrating and immature to say that me, someone who has alot of passion for a champion, is bumping a thread to get attention. I like to hear opinions from others like yourself, but when your opinion is only bashing me and not fundamentally helping anyone in the world then it is wrong. Maybe your right, maybe this thread is stupid and I am stupid for caring for a champion that I have loved since he came out, but I can still post my ideas and bump the threads that I care about. Many people like yourself only see me posting in this thread, but the reality is that there have been thousands of posts in this thread already by a great number of people that want to see some minor tweaks to Volibear even if it just means bug fixing.

There have been two people that have called me out in the time I have been in this thread. GREETINGS and ?XJ9 have stated their opinions and deny any chance of having Riot do anything to Volibear and I do agree with you Knight that the evidence of them doing something to Volibear is greater than them doing nothing because of the facts that you listed. Another thing to keep in mind is that Morello did state that he has problems with Volibear too because he is so binary. The binary effect of his lvl 3 duel top lane is extremely noticable. Volty did state also that he would test these changes, but said that the changes were not promised to hit live servers. I don't know if people realize that this is the most attention Volibear has gotten since release; he is extremely underplayed and most likely forgotten. Only about 3% (according to LoLKing) of the world community plays Volibear, that is nothing.

Edit: Also, the possibility of him getting a new skin is slim by business standards because the cost of making the skin would outweigh the profit that the player base would give considering that only 3% actively play him. Many skins are released for champions that have a much higher player base percentage than 3%. For example, look at Trundle, he has long been forgotten by Riot it seems because of his skin database, but he is getting a visual rework soon. Did you know that he is also one of the least played champions in the league? I can guarentee you that when he is reworked they will release a skin for Trundle shortly after because his player base will rise because of the fact that he got a visual rework. Karma is actually the least played champion according to LoLKing and she is getting a visual rework.

Edit #2: Page 114 post 6 was my first post in this thread. Also, Ursa changed his name to A bouncy Furret.
If you love the champion so much, why don't you learn to play him then or consider to stop trying to learn him since you don't agree with his scaling/abilities. The champion does not need to be changed because you and some others can't play him the way he is. You are unnecessarily spam bumping this thread. There are barely no responses from GOOD volibear players like me because people go to the forums to ask for changes, not to ask for champions to stay the same. I am not attacking you, just shaking you out of your strange imagination world.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/35694182
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/...2#ranked-stats

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

@?XJ9

We never said that Volibear wasn't strong or that he can't be played.
He is binary and has some really hard counters. He also don't fit very well in the current meta.
No one here ever said that he was useless or weak or anything like that.
We all just stated some ocasional problems and bugs and that he is not that viable as a jungler and he was supposed to be.

Volty, Volibear's desgner agreed with some of the issues and said that he is already looking in a way to solve most of these issues.

The problem with Volibear is that he feels a bit toxic to the game because he either offers no counterplay or has no ability to come back in lane and he usually has no way to stay in between these two until lategame comes which is where he "falls" (he actually changes his role in the game).

It's like saying that Darius is not toxic to the game when Morello already stated he is and he plans on fixing him. Doesn't mean that Darius is uncountered or that he is a beast and is competitive. Just means that, at some point in the game and at some elos he just wrecks the game which is bad by a design viewpoint. Thus he must be changed. The same occurs with Volibear for different reasons.

So please, if you don't want to have a nice discussion like most of us, you shouldn't be bothering those that do. Riot has a bunch of community assistants and moderators and what not and if they felt this topic shouldn't be here, they would take care of this.

I agree that the topic has already reached it's objective that was calling Volty's attention and see his thoughts on it but this is also a player forum and we are now just talking some ideas and have nice discussions while we wait for some responses from Volty that might or might not come in this thread.
Pardon us for trying to be a part of this community, but it's our right and you have no saying in this subject.

Quote:
What about Hecarim? He is an AoE bruiser jungler who snowballs perfectly into late game and can even carry a whole team by ulting into the adc and bursting them before they can do much. However, Hecarim's early game is his weakest point where as Volibear's strongest is early game.
Hecarim snowballs much less than Volibear and at no point he is as unkillable as Volibear. Hecarim actually has to build damage and mobility (which because of his passive is also considered damage) and has a kit that provides him much less base damage.
Actually Hecarim's kit is not based on the "AoE" bruiser, it's more that of a control-sustain and high mobility bruiser. His AoE damage is basically his Ult which is an initiation and his sustain that doesn't deal that much damage, it's more to keep him alive for longer during the fight. (I'm comparing the damage to Volibear's ult).
His Q range isn't that great to consider that AoE and a lot of the damage he has is not base damage, it comes from Shen/Trinity procs on his extremely spammable Q.
I don't think you can compare the two since Hecarim is much closer to Skarner than Volibear.

---

@Volty
Please Volty! See this.
No matter what you're doing with Volibear, can you improve the visibility on his Ult?
I mean, I don't like how people ignore his ult or doesn't think it's there because you can barely see it happening in teamfights.
When he activates I think that those who would be "eligible" targets if he auto attacked something around him should have a circle or something like Ryze's AoE just to make them know it. Also if the thunders hit the targets from above, instead from the ground it would be much more visible, so you should know better that you're getting hit by Volibear from afar.

I mean, it will just help those who are fighting against Volibear to have better knowledge of their surroundings and of the danger of being near a lightning enhanced bear.
It would make people underestimate Volibear's ult much less, it's an awesome and pretty strong ability, but just seems to fall under the "hidden" power thing.
Thanks anyway, hope you read this.

Knight of Dusk

01-18-2013

Quote:
Its all good. Knight and I are holding down the fort.

So I just saw that Annie might be getting a Panda skin (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...be-update.html) which is very disturbing to me because Volibear fans have been requesting a PandaVoli skin for a long time now. I guess that means that Tibbers will be a panda...
Yeah I saw. Not to mention Annie already has tons of skins Give one to a champion that actually needs more maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?XJ9 View Post
If you love the champion so much, why don't you learn to play him then or consider to stop trying to learn him since you don't agree with his scaling/abilities. The champion does not need to be changed because you and some others can't play him the way he is. You are unnecessarily spam bumping this thread. There are barely no responses from GOOD volibear players like me because people go to the forums to ask for changes, not to ask for champions to stay the same. I am not attacking you, just shaking you out of your strange imagination world.

...Uh, pretty sure we all know how to play him, he's among the easier champions to pick up and learn.

And if players do have a hard time playing a champion? Which is not advertised to have a high skill requirement? Then that's a BIG DEAL from a design PoV. That definitely warrants change to clarify a thing or two.

Give detailed reasoning behind why you think he's fine, the roles you play, how you build and the whys. Then you will be taken seriously and actually contribute to the discussion.

@Jim

I never considered any visibility issues. But I can totally see where you're coming from now that I think about it. Good catch!

Iklo

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?XJ9 View Post

I really have nothing to say to this because the two scholars above me said all that was needed.

Asdioh

01-18-2013

http://youtu.be/T7pOKRtRFcg
it's like they hate Volibear or something

Iklo

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
http://youtu.be/T7pOKRtRFcg
it's like they hate Volibear or something
Just made a thread on this dear sir. JOIN THE THREAD OF JUSTICE!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33633942

Rossingol

01-18-2013

lol @ Panda Annie before Panda Voli

AmPriS

01-18-2013

Screw those useless bags of flesh and fur known as pandas.

If you were to do any Voli skins,

Either Skirokuma Voli (avoiding copyrights of course)

or

Voli Bear (see picture)

Jade Skull

01-18-2013

Only thing I would change is his ult... It just doesn't work well with his kit