Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some simple Volibear playability thingies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

01-16-2013

Quote:
ShabbaH:
I don't know but every Voliball I see, even if they support, end up 12-0 and own the entire game. screw their ADC they da bear!

Not saying he's OP, but it's quite akward how every Voliball just plain rips trough games, with such ease... maybe it's a coincidence, but he seems stronk. On many occasions.

Binary. I have played Volibear support countless times and people yell at me and say im trolling when I do, but I do end up getting fed and carry through mid game before late game arrives because that is what Voli does best, he carries before late game hits. HOWEVER, if he dies early on he has a very hard time coming back into the game, this is why HoG and Philo stone were so good on him because it allowed him to have a better late game and more farming money and if he fell behind then he could still have some good items before late game hit.

Knight of Dusk

01-17-2013

No Panda Volibear this Lunar Revel either, unless they're adding more skins in another PBE wave (doubt it).

I'd be disappointed under normal circumstances, but F**K YEAH LU BU JARVAN AND ZHAO YUN XIN. THIS GAME JUST GOT 100% MANLIER.

Iklo

01-17-2013

Eh, I would have preferred a Voli skin.

?XJ9

01-17-2013

Unbelievable how this Iklo person keeps bumping the thread everytime it doesn't get as much attention for a short time. Iklo, your posts are like 50% of the whole damn thread. Stop asking for a Volibear remake, there will be none. Perhaps some minor changes, most likely none. That's it. Riot won't make a skin or adjust a champ just because one person is spamming a thread about it.

Knight of Dusk

01-17-2013

Eeeh, the bumping might be a little bit unnecessary now that Volty has read the various concerns and responded. But Iklo is hardly responsible for anywhere near 50% of this threads content. That's exaggerating MASSIVELY and it's not like he is bumping the thread every hour of the day, I don't understand you calling him out. :/

And I also don't see how there wouldn't be SOME changes happening, barely noticeable or very much so, when Volty has recognized that there are issues with itemization, scaling, binary performance, the R cast time, etc. And made actual outlines for changes to take into testing.

Iklo

01-17-2013

Quote:
?XJ9:
Unbelievable how this Iklo person keeps bumping the thread everytime it doesn't get as much attention for a short time. Iklo, your posts are like 50% of the whole damn thread. Stop asking for a Volibear remake, there will be none. Perhaps some minor changes, most likely none. That's it. Riot won't make a skin or adjust a champ just because one person is spamming a thread about it.

I did not start this thread. I did not ask for a Volibear remake. I am simply stating my opinions on the idea of remaking him that was brought forth by Ursa. I do not take up 50% of this thread in posts because I came in late to the discussion at hand. Infact, I came in after 100 pages was passed and right before Volty posted in this thread. Your logic is frustrating and immature to say that me, someone who has alot of passion for a champion, is bumping a thread to get attention. I like to hear opinions from others like yourself, but when your opinion is only bashing me and not fundamentally helping anyone in the world then it is wrong. Maybe your right, maybe this thread is stupid and I am stupid for caring for a champion that I have loved since he came out, but I can still post my ideas and bump the threads that I care about. Many people like yourself only see me posting in this thread, but the reality is that there have been thousands of posts in this thread already by a great number of people that want to see some minor tweaks to Volibear even if it just means bug fixing.

Quote:
Knight of Dusk:
Eeeh, the bumping might be a little bit unnecessary now that Volty has read the various concerns and responded. But Iklo is hardly responsible for anywhere near 50% of this threads content. That's exaggerating MASSIVELY and it's not like he is bumping the thread every hour of the day, I don't understand you calling him out. :/

And I also don't see how there wouldn't be SOME changes happening, barely noticeable or very much so, when Volty has recognized that there are issues with itemization, scaling, binary performance, the R cast time, etc. And made actual outlines for changes to take into testing.

There have been two people that have called me out in the time I have been in this thread. GREETINGS and ?XJ9 have stated their opinions and deny any chance of having Riot do anything to Volibear and I do agree with you Knight that the evidence of them doing something to Volibear is greater than them doing nothing because of the facts that you listed. Another thing to keep in mind is that Morello did state that he has problems with Volibear too because he is so binary. The binary effect of his lvl 3 duel top lane is extremely noticable. Volty did state also that he would test these changes, but said that the changes were not promised to hit live servers. I don't know if people realize that this is the most attention Volibear has gotten since release; he is extremely underplayed and most likely forgotten. Only about 3% (according to LoLKing) of the world community plays Volibear, that is nothing.

Edit: Also, the possibility of him getting a new skin is slim by business standards because the cost of making the skin would outweigh the profit that the player base would give considering that only 3% actively play him. Many skins are released for champions that have a much higher player base percentage than 3%. For example, look at Trundle, he has long been forgotten by Riot it seems because of his skin database, but he is getting a visual rework soon. Did you know that he is also one of the least played champions in the league? I can guarentee you that when he is reworked they will release a skin for Trundle shortly after because his player base will rise because of the fact that he got a visual rework. Karma is actually the least played champion according to LoLKing and she is getting a visual rework.

Edit #2: Page 114 post 6 was my first post in this thread. Also, Ursa changed his name to A bouncy Furret.

DatonicCrusher

01-17-2013

I was wondering what if Voli's Flip added a slow to the enemy champ he flips? I mean you did just get flipped into the air by a bear after all. The slow wouldnt have to be op but slow you down by X amount an have that slowed effect decay over time?

Iksar

01-17-2013

Lower cooldown on W would be an excellent start. If not straight lowered by level then give it a 50% cooldown reduction on kill/assist?

A bouncy Furret

01-17-2013

I'm still here! Kind of .

I've been suuuuuuuper busy recently so I can't give as much attention to this thread as I'd like to.

The discussion is going well though, I hope Volty gets a lot of ideas from it.

Iklo

01-17-2013

Quote:
A bouncy Furret:
I'm still here! Kind of .

I've been suuuuuuuper busy recently so I can't give as much attention to this thread as I'd like to.

The discussion is going well though, I hope Volty gets a lot of ideas from it.

Its all good. Knight and I are holding down the fort.

So I just saw that Annie might be getting a Panda skin (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/117-pbe-update.html) which is very disturbing to me because Volibear fans have been requesting a PandaVoli skin for a long time now. I guess that means that Tibbers will be a panda...