Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

I agree, BC is not a good item on voli, unless you build for a bruiser/assassin tank focusing on lots of health. You will definitely have to peel someone to stack frenzy, when you do that BC reduces their armor, your bite that is already a good burst will do a lot more of damage with Arm Pen and health from BC.
It's not a core item, you can get it as 3rd item or something, but is still lackluster, though strong on a 1v1 situation.
Also he has no AD scaling on his abilities, but he has a "passive" AD scaling on his AA because of Frenzy. Each AD is worth 60% more when you AA for free, but if you build more AS it becomes weaker.
You could go for BC if you're trying to stack health and only health (with resistances as a bonus here and there - Omen and Visage) for your W. I don't think it's very good but it's different and it will surprise your enemies when you nuke them down with your bite, stronger than ever now.

Warmog was nerfed hard for Volibear, I don't think it's that good on him anymore... Actually it isn't very good on almost anyone now, it used to be the item you would go for if you needed a lot of health, but it doesn't really give any good premiums... It's only good now because it's a lot cheaper but...

Iklo

01-02-2013

Volty any news?

I have been reading many threads about launch day Volibear, Volibear over the past year, and present day Volibear threads and all I can say is that this is hugely controversial. I believe it is because of his binary nature tho that makes him so controversial. He can get fed and carry or feed and be useless.

Knight of Dusk

01-02-2013

Been a week since Volty last posted, but there's probably not much happening worth reporting this being the holiday season and all.

Not to mention, depending on what they're trying out and how many other projects they might be sitting on and working with simultaneously, it could take a very long time for results to reach our ears.

I think we first heard about Viktor tweaks back in early summer complete with a thread like this asking for opinions. Well we haven't seen anything come from that yet. Some augment updates accidentally leaked into the PBE S3 update, but that's all AFAIK.

Fallenzoul

01-02-2013

i like this idea cuz Voli was my main during his release, but he become unviable or just been less useful cuz thers better champs for the same work, i would really love a "buff" on q by letting him ignore/bump units when active, and something like removing the animation on hes ult, or making an AoE Instant damage when the lightning struck his hand like Shaman Thunderstruk on WoW

Asdioh

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Been a week since Volty last posted, but there's probably not much happening worth reporting this being the holiday season and all.
Not only that, but there may not be anything to report for a while, so don't count on any updates for possibly a long time.

Just played a normal, went spirit visage, phage, frozen heart. 8/0/7. Seems like a passable build, but it takes too long to get attack speed. When I play mid I usually feel like I can get appropriate items in time, but for some reason when I'm top I feel like I always need more and the game usually ends before I finish what I thought would be a 'core' build.

Iklo

01-03-2013

Bump

Iklo

01-03-2013

I love Volibear bump...

A bouncy Furret

01-03-2013

Bump

Iklo

01-04-2013

Bump

Edit: Really, you down vote a bump for a thread that has gotten over 160 pages worth of comments and 13 red posts so far????

A bouncy Furret

01-04-2013

Bump