Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GREETINGS

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
It is not a buff. Like many have said before me he is already extremely powerful if played right. They plan on helping his jungle times tho and removing his R cast time. This is not a buff and if it is then they are making a horrible mistake. He is being polished you could say. They are also changing up his scaling from AP to some other scaling, not sure what tho.
Dude they are not doing anything, it is a possibility. Theres a chance there will be no modifications at all.

Frozwend

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Thanks for posting and sharing your opinion. I liked everything you said up until your jungle idea. It wont work sadly because if you raise his damage to creeps it will make him worse top lane because he will push far too quickly. Now if it was connected to frenzy like you said I can see how that will work, but like I said before, if it was connected with his q or e it would make his top lane suffer. Great ideas, again thanks for posting. I upvoted you, sorry to see others downvoting.
Thanks! I thought about it working for only jungle monsters the same way Machete only does bonus damage to neutral monsters but I probably didn't make that clear enough :P

Knight of Dusk

12-28-2012

I wonder if we're going to get a status update soon (in a week maybe?). Volty did say he'd try to keep us posted.

Whether you want him unchanged, buffed, polished, or nerfed, I think we'd all like to hear what they're finding or currently testing. Or at least, what Volty can disclose without upsetting the powers that be.

Iklo

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
I wonder if we're going to get a status update soon (in a week maybe?). Volty did say he'd try to keep us posted.

Whether you want him unchanged, buffed, polished, or nerfed, I think we'd all like to hear what they're finding or currently testing. Or at least, what Volty can disclose without upsetting the powers that be.
I heard someone say his "polishing" is coming sometime in Jan. So prob in a week or two.

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I personally have no problem with his clear times in the jungle, just his ganks seem predictable most of the time. You can build heavy on MS now at S3 and that can help a lot in the ganks, but that will also make you very squishy, so that's not save. I also feel that madred is much stronger on him than the golem buff if you want better clear times. Since he has 60% more AS the Madred will proc much easier. Also Madred helps you when covering for someone who went back, since spiritstone does not work on minions.

I don't like how generic and specific at the same time the new jungle items are... They seem to be just right to fit your champion, but then again they seem to lack something important to you. That's why Wriggler jungler's are considered better this season, there are no wasted stats, it's cheaper and it's useful inside and outside the jungle...

Since I don't like life steal on Voli I usually get Madred and don't upgrade to the lantern. I go for Movement Speed or health for him (Boots 2/3 or ruby sightstone).

Iklo

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMaru View Post
I personally have no problem with his clear times in the jungle, just his ganks seem predictable most of the time. You can build heavy on MS now at S3 and that can help a lot in the ganks, but that will also make you very squishy, so that's not save. I also feel that madred is much stronger on him than the golem buff if you want better clear times. Since he has 60% more AS the Madred will proc much easier. Also Madred helps you when covering for someone who went back, since spiritstone does not work on minions.

I don't like how generic and specific at the same time the new jungle items are... They seem to be just right to fit your champion, but then again they seem to lack something important to you. That's why Wriggler jungler's are considered better this season, there are no wasted stats, it's cheaper and it's useful inside and outside the jungle...

Since I don't like life steal on Voli I usually get Madred and don't upgrade to the lantern. I go for Movement Speed or health for him (Boots 2/3 or ruby sightstone).
The Spirit Golem gives 25% more damage to creeps.

Knight of Dusk

12-28-2012

I think Volibear's clear times are okay too, due to the potential strength his ganks has. If he can gap close and stay on target more reliably like I believe Volty was looking into, then it'll be just perfect.

And the Golem gives the damage bonus to monsters, not minions, unless this was changed recently?

Iklo

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
I think Volibear's clear times are okay too, due to the potential strength his ganks has. If he can gap close and stay on target more reliably like I believe Volty was looking into, then it'll be just perfect.

And the Golem gives the damage bonus to monsters, not minions, unless this was changed recently?
Oh I thought it was both, then wriggles is def the better choice if that it so.

Iklo

12-28-2012

Anyone think we will get a skin for Volibear with this small update? Say any ideas you have so we can start a discussion. My favorite is Feral Volibear similar to Mor'du from the movie Brave. Imagine a huge black bear with spears, scars, and sticks plunged into his side and back with maybe a scratched eye. Pretty dark stuff for the Ursine Chieftain, but still is badass imo.

Knight of Dusk

12-28-2012

Oh I'd be all for Feral Voli!

Would love any skin at this point really, just for the sake of him having SOMETHING, but it has to be AMAZING. Like, new particles or maybe a new dance, I wouldn't mind a few more bear pun jokes either. I actually started drawing a skin idea a few months ago when I was bored. I should finish that. (Turn-of-the-century aviator Voli, with goggles and a scarf!)

Considering potential updates, that he's just been on sale, going a year since release without getting any skins, I'd say it's pretty likely we'll see one soon, unless they've placed him under the Trundle tag. :C