Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobberty

12-18-2012

You could make it silence and increase the damage, as it is a "lightning" spell and lightning spells (blitz, viktor) normally silence

Tybault Windsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
I've gone through a bit of this thread tonight. You guys, Ursa Arcadius and friends, are raising some great points. I'd like to improve Volibear. The front runner issue for me is to resolve how R's cast time feels bad, because standing still to cast is directly counter to the melee gameplan.

Two possibilities immediately present themselves:

1. Remove the cast time. (Boring but direct.)
2. Make the spell worthy of a cast time. This could be by adding another mechanic, like a material chunk of upfront PBAoE damage. Could even collapse the E into the R as a single (cast-time) spell and make a new E.

Thoughts?

Sorry I haven't had been responsive to this thread. Let's see what we can accomplish together!
It may help if we solidify what lanes/roles we want out of Volibear.

It might just be healthiest in the long run to just drop supporting Volibear's jungle and just focus on buffing him as a top laner and support.

Edit: Naturally, what role is dropped should be a fairly agreed upon one.

DiscworldDeath

12-18-2012

Quote:
I've gone through a bit of this thread tonight. You guys, Ursa Arcadius and friends, are raising some great points. I'd like to improve Volibear. The front runner issue for me is to resolve how R's cast time feels bad, because standing still to cast is directly counter to the melee gameplan.

2. Make the spell worthy of a cast time. This could be by adding another mechanic, like a material chunk of upfront PBAoE damage. Could even collapse the E into the R as a single (cast-time) spell and make a new E.

Thoughts?

Sorry I haven't had been responsive to this thread. Let's see what we can accomplish together!
Please consider this issue with Gangplank as well. Using Raise Morale to help you chase someone is very awkward due to him stopping to use it. Or removing a slow with an orange basically roots you for the cast time.

Sorry for the minor thread-jack.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

I've won a majority of ranked Voli games in season 2, and I've won some in season 3 as well so far.

I don't want to "drop his jungle". :/

Arctic Bro

12-18-2012

yeah, I usually save the ult when someone else is being hit, or else enemy will just scatter

Skoron

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Please consider this issue with Gangplank as well. Using Raise Morale to help you chase someone is very awkward due to him stopping to use it. Or removing a slow with an orange basically roots you for the cast time.

Sorry for the minor thread-jack.
I'm OK with GP's W having a cast time as it's already a borderline OP ability as it, but I would like to see his E's cast time removed.

A bouncy Furret

12-18-2012

Quote:

Thoughts?

V... Vol... VOLTY!!!!!! YOU CAME!!!!!

Oh the discussion we can have <3.

I think point 2 feels better. His E is completely lack luster and feels like half an ability, if you merge it with his ultimate it will feel better (and surely all of the electricity Voli grabs from the sky can't all be stored in his armor / body / fur, so it makes sense to discharge into the ground or whatever).

For a new E I think something that benefits his dual damage hybridization. He has a hefty chunk of physical and magical damage.

Best Mayo NA

12-18-2012

Quote:
I'

Thoughts?
I love this idea, Volty. If Volibear's initial ult cast was an AoE slow that then allowed him to land his ult's autos (if not just the first few autos if they escape his slow), I would be more than willing to give up his E.

Perhaps give his E an ability that better scales with AD or something to make him have a more DEFINED build, since he lost some of his older items (Ionic Spark, some might say).

PenguinPaladin

12-18-2012

Volty, I love #2. I think it makes his kit a lot more interesting, and (I hope) lets the E roar be a lot more impressive now that it's part of his R.

Skoron

12-18-2012

Quote:

Thoughts?

The problem with his ultimate is that in order to get a good use out of it you have autoattack a lot, which can be a problem since every champion (at least those that are actually played) has some sort of escape and everyone runs flash. Unless you have Frozen Mallet, red buff, or your opponent is stupid enough to duel you when your ult's popped then you won't be able to get good use out of it. It doesn't really FEEL like an ultimate.

I'd support adding some kind of point-blank aoe slow to his ult and make his movespeed increased for the duration. You'd then be able to remove the slow from his E and buff it elsewhere. Honestly I'd like something that would help him in the jungle, possibly some sort of self-heal or a lifesteal buff like Lee and Olaf have on their W's.