Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

12-11-2012

Bump

Lachrimae

12-11-2012

try out 3v3 buddy

A bouncy Furret

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachrimae View Post
try out 3v3 buddy
I have, he falls short of champions like Darius and Teemo, there isn't much reason to pick him over other champions, especially on a map devoid of squishies.

Iklo

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
They speak to me on Twitter but they're horrified of actually announcing anything on the forums.
What did they say about our bear?

Knight of Dusk

12-12-2012

Basically, they think he is strong (in the area he specializes in), so any changes would mean nerfing him in another area. And that his counterplay is limited.

I can agree on him having quite some power in his arsenal, so redistribution would be best, but counterplay being limited? Really?

He is countered by:

-High burst
-CC, all of it
-Anything ranged
-Mobility
-High DPS

Outside the lane ignite really does a number on him by burning away the one thing that lets him be really tanky late game. In addition he is really gear dependent to get that tanky, shut him down early and he won't come back without massive effort if at all (in my experience).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't consider him to have limited counterplay AT ALL.

Iklo

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Basically, they think he is strong (in the area he specializes in), so any changes would mean nerfing him in another area. And that his counterplay is limited.

I can agree on him having quite some power in his arsenal, so redistribution would be best, but counterplay being limited? Really?

He is countered by:

-High burst
-CC, all of it
-Anything ranged
-Mobility
-High DPS

Outside the lane ignite really does a number on him by burning away the one thing that lets him be really tanky late game. In addition he is really gear dependent to get that tanky, shut him down early and he won't come back without massive effort if at all (in my experience).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't consider him to have limited counterplay AT ALL.
I agree with your post. Do you have a source so I may look for myself at their response?

A bouncy Furret

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
What did they say about our bear?
Almost nothing.

I posted the quotes earlier in the thread (around page 90?) if you want to take a look.

Knight of Dusk

12-12-2012

Bumpin'

A bouncy Furret

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Bumpin'
Trumping your bumping.

Knight of Dusk

12-13-2012

Not if I trump your trump with another bump!

Anyway, I was playing Evelynn last night and long story short... anyone ever tried stacking and rushing MR pen on Volibear?

Think about it. Massive magic on-hit steroid. Loves Wit's End. Synergizes with every MR pen item currently in the game to various degrees.

You could go up to 300 magic damage on-hit. As true damage against a lot of people even. With a massive % damage bonus on squishies on top of that. And a large portion of it bounces. Go a little less extreme and you can remain tanky.

It's cheap. It can let you dominate early game. It scales into late game. Could it be viable?