Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraknoss View Post
A whole thread devoted to buffing my favorite OP bear? lol.

He already requires an entire team of movement halting CC just to avoid him ruining entire teams while simultaneously being the tankiest person in the game. A lot of people forget that things like RoA and Rylais make his ult absolutely ludicrous while also making him harder to kill and have a better execute. Do the math on that ulti it's insane 3 items and the right runes&masteries and you can easily reach a potential of over 5k damage per target with the ulti alone. Not to mention trying to outrun a Voli with a Rylais is like... well it's like trying to out run a Voli with a Rylais.

If being more of a must focus in team fights than your ADC isn't your thing there's always the Jungle. Voli actually got a HUGE buff in the jungle this season. He's one of only a handful of toons that pop out after their first clear with nearly full hp and mana all ready to gank. That's not using his passive btw, do everything right and you'll not only be high hp and mana on your first gank you'll also still have that absolutely ridiculous passive everyone hates on Voli for. Add in the great tank upgrade from spirit stone, the HUGE early buff of Warmogs, the stacks with tenacity mastery, and the movement speed improvements and Voli comes out as one of the absolute top tier junglers this season.

I love Volibear as much as the next guy, I bought him the day he launched and he's been my favorite champ ever since, but even I have to admit that any buffs to him would shove him over the edge of OP.
It's not that he needs buffs, I agree he prob doesn't, infact I just came out of a game playing tanky volibear with a ratio of 2/2/19 and I felt great. They couldn't do **** to me, but I let my carries get the kills so we could guarentee our win. I am posting on this form for another skin as well as a better design of him as a champion. He just feels awkward sometimes, like I am not sure what to build as him and its frustrating.

Please, if you have time, share your builds, masteries, and runes with me so I can get a better grip on how to play him.

My current build is:
(in random order of building, usually whatever I need first)

Ninja Tabi
Warmog's
Runic Bulwark
Spirit Visage
Zephyr
Situational Item

Iklo

12-10-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

12-10-2012

I'd have to agree. He just feels awkward, but he is pretty UP. If you don't snowball early then he falls off so hard. And snowballing on a champion without an early game is pretty hard.

A bouncy Furret

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Ahahahaahhaha that's beautiful

Dusksaur

12-10-2012

bump

Cyraknoss

12-10-2012

Quote:
It's not that he needs buffs, I agree he prob doesn't, infact I just came out of a game playing tanky volibear with a ratio of 2/2/19 and I felt great. They couldn't do **** to me, but I let my carries get the kills so we could guarentee our win. I am posting on this form for another skin as well as a better design of him as a champion. He just feels awkward sometimes, like I am not sure what to build as him and its frustrating.

Please, if you have time, share your builds, masteries, and runes with me so I can get a better grip on how to play him.

My current build is:
(in random order of building, usually whatever I need first)

Ninja Tabi
Warmog's
Runic Bulwark
Spirit Visage
Zephyr
Situational Item
Been maining him Jungle lately, still fiddling with Runes and masteries so I'll leave that till later but suffice to say tanky is the way to go with Voli.

As for build in the jungle I find machete > spirit stone > boots > tank spirit stone(forgot name) > boots of swiftness + 15 move speed enchant (significantly improves gank success in comparison to the other boots) > Warmogs. Haven't really gotten past that point in a game yet so not sure on builds beyond that point. Have found he's a bit weak after the lvl 3 gank attempt and before completing tank spirit stone upgrade. After that though he gets pretty out of control fast.

A bouncy Furret

12-11-2012

Buuump

Iklo

12-11-2012

@ riot say something god damnit, dont ignore the bear any longer

A bouncy Furret

12-11-2012

Quote:
@ riot say something god damnit, dont ignore the bear any longer
They speak to me on Twitter but they're horrified of actually announcing anything on the forums.

A bouncy Furret

12-11-2012

Bump