Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A bouncy Furret

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigqt View Post
OP, can I just say I LOVE your name, like a lot.
like And I you a love lot.?

A bouncy Furret

12-09-2012

620 upvotes.

620 YOBO smoke cocaine every day.

A bouncy Furret

12-10-2012

Bump

TerminatusOmega

12-10-2012

bumpo for Voli, my first main... he definitely needs some adjusting on his W and his Ult.

But knowing riot, they are too busy spitting out lackluster champs with shiny skins...

Knight of Dusk

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklo View Post
Thanks for the advice. What build do you usually go for on Voli? I'm interested to hear.
I don't have anything set in stone right now with all the changes, still trying to find what works best for my taste, but here's what I do:

Start:
Cloth Armour + 5 Red Potions
-OR-
Boots + 3 Red Potions if I don't need the extra armour

First trip back:

Sight Ward x 2 -> Phage -> Boots of Speed
(If I can't afford Phage, I just get the components prioritizing Ruby)

Early damage:
Brutalizer OR Tiamat if it's a farming contest or I need to push, picking up Brutalizer later.

Early defences if I need it:
Hexdrinker OR Wit's End for MR
Warden's Mail OR Glacial Shroud for Armour
If I don't need Tenacity I also upgrade boots based on what resistance I need in lane.

Wit's End is best bought if the enemy team is very squishy. It and Thunder Claws alone is enough to kill them and you can then just relax and build tanky for the rest of the game. Otherwise, Hexdrinker to go with a Black Cleaver build. Pick Warden's Mail if you started Cloth since it builds from it.

In mid game I try to have Phage, Brutalizer, Tier 2 Boots, and at least one suitable defensive item against the current biggest threat on the field.

Then I look where the game is going.

Late game:

Being fed and want more damage?
Upgrade to Trinity Force and Cleaver (Ghostblade if you got Wit's End).

Doing average and want more damage?
Upgrade to Frozen Mallet and Cleaver (Ghostblade if you got Wit's End).

Need armour?
Frozen Heart -> Randuin's Omen. Consider Atma's if you can manage with the lesser armour and already have some crit (Ghostblade and/or Trinity).

Need MR?
Spirit Visage. Upgrade Hexdrinker if you need even more.

Also for consideration / dual resistances:
Runic Bulwark (VERY good, but costly)
Guardian Angel (will make you not be focused, this can be good or bad)

UPGRADE HEXDRINKER SUPER LAST. MAW IS WAY MORE PRICEY THAN IT IS WORTH.

Super retarded/TRUST ME I GOT THIS mode:

Boots -> Brutalizer -> Glacial Shroud - Sheen -> Merc Treads -> Tear -> Wit's End -> Manamune -> Black Cleaver -> Iceborn Gauntlet -> Glacial Shroud -> Frozen Heart -> Warmog's -> Victory

Iklo

12-10-2012

Bump

austseraph

12-10-2012

Hope this does get some attention. Volibear is fun to play but so difficult to do well with. I like the q change and definitely the w stacks increase.

A change I could see being implemented could be that you can activate W then have its current cool down but for each auto attack it reduces cool down by 1 sec. I think that is fair.

Iklo

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by austseraph View Post
Hope this does get some attention. Volibear is fun to play but so difficult to do well with. I like the q change and definitely the w stacks increase.

A change I could see being implemented could be that you can activate W then have its current cool down but for each auto attack it reduces cool down by 1 sec. I think that is fair.
Something similar to this may happen, but that is much too op for that to be implemented. Think about it, a warmogs and an attack speed item make his w an op skill because if it refreshes off aa's then he could use his nuke every 6 seconds or so. Maybe every aa gives a .5 or ven .25 refresh on cooldown otherwise 500 damage or more every 6 seconds on a tank is too much damage (this is only one skill keep in mind not counting his ult, e, and q damage combined).

Iklo

12-10-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ8BRLW9M9o

made me laugh so hard

Cyraknoss

12-10-2012

A whole thread devoted to buffing my favorite OP bear? lol.

He already requires an entire team of movement halting CC just to avoid him ruining entire teams while simultaneously being the tankiest person in the game. A lot of people forget that things like RoA and Rylais make his ult absolutely ludicrous while also making him harder to kill and have a better execute. Do the math on that ulti it's insane 3 items and the right runes&masteries and you can easily reach a potential of over 5k damage per target with the ulti alone. Not to mention trying to outrun a Voli with a Rylais is like... well it's like trying to out run a Voli with a Rylais.

If being more of a must focus in team fights than your ADC isn't your thing there's always the Jungle. Voli actually got a HUGE buff in the jungle this season. He's one of only a handful of toons that pop out after their first clear with nearly full hp and mana all ready to gank. That's not using his passive btw, do everything right and you'll not only be high hp and mana on your first gank you'll also still have that absolutely ridiculous passive everyone hates on Voli for. Add in the great tank upgrade from spirit stone, the HUGE early buff of Warmogs, the stacks with tenacity mastery, and the movement speed improvements and Voli comes out as one of the absolute top tier junglers this season.

I love Volibear as much as the next guy, I bought him the day he launched and he's been my favorite champ ever since, but even I have to admit that any buffs to him would shove him over the edge of OP.