Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I like this.

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
well, I wanted to keep the key elements of the current volibear, without making him swinging into OP/UP like he currently does, depending on the intelligence of his enemy.

I thought the regen would be a bit like Fiora's passive, except it would make sense because Volibear WANTS to be hit. The numbers on the secondary effect of his passive could be changed, like maybe 50% health?
Or we could simply give thunder claws a defensive steroid, but the damage aspect of it would have to be nerfed heavily in that case.
It's a pretty good idea though, just remember that Fiora's passive is pretty useless too.

I don't think free defenses tied onto his ult would work either but he does need defenses, it would change his ult into some weird "I'll use this before I get bursted" ability rather than "Right, teamfight! Murder them all with lightning!"

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Bump

Asdioh

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
It's a pretty good idea though, just remember that Fiora's passive is pretty useless too.
that's why the numbers would have to be tweaked :P

what if volibear healed 20% of all damage dealt to him, but it took 6 seconds for that regen to occur?
and obviously, if you continue to take damage during those 6 seconds, your hp regen continues to increase
etc.

it's still countered by stuff like ignite, or the new executioner's calling, but it's no longer all-or-nothing like his current passive (which is usually the "nothing" against competent players)

A bouncy Furret

11-17-2012

Quote:
that's why the numbers would have to be tweaked :P

what if volibear healed 20% of all damage dealt to him, but it took 6 seconds for that regen to occur?
and obviously, if you continue to take damage during those 6 seconds, your hp regen continues to increase
etc.

it's still countered by stuff like ignite, or the new executioner's calling, but it's no longer all-or-nothing like his current passive (which is usually the "nothing" against competent players)
That's even worse. It creates a situation where he takes 20% less sustained damage and is only vulnerable to burst.

It's a cool idea but it's too broken OP, except while you're playing him you wont even notice it.

Asdioh

11-18-2012

well, then i guess a passive rework would entirely remove the regeneration aspect of voli, since it's either too weak or OP?
I dunno if it would ever get reworked, but I have a love/hate thing with his current passive.
Love it because it wins some fights for you, hate it because it's hard countered by ignite and completely useless when you get bursted down. Also because it's a pain in the ass when jungling, sometimes you just want to finish off a camp and go buy, but it gets you below 30% hp and you just triggered a 2 minute cooldown for no reason >_>

Knight of Dusk

11-18-2012

Hurray for 100 pages : D

Quote:
Hmm that build looks strong late game but it's pretty expensive. How were you around mid/early game. If you're getting a Muramana you'd have to cash out on it pretty early which will highlight Voli's early game flaws.

I like the new Warmogs (no more stacking and FoN passive). I'm missing Shurelya's in your build though and I love me some 85% movement speed bursts to catch an out of place carry.

New jungle sounds odd. Poor Hecarim

Edit: ERMAHGERD 100 PAGES WOOOOOO

(I also posted a rant type thing in RiotGypsy's thread to see if he can help us)
The build is VERY expensive. But you don't need full build to be effective. I feel generally builds are going to become more expensive because you can upgrade things you couldn't before and there are more items that will fill gaps in builds better, but at a higher price. So if the game goes very late, you're making equipment adjustments rather than spamming elixirs.

My mid game wasn't too bad, but not what I'd call good either. Just OK. I tried to get as much CDR I could and spam sheen. It was a custom game on PBE that I went full build in, so I can't really speak about how this translates into normals and ranked on live since you get such an odd mix of people on PBE (and some bots if in custom), and everyone is trying out new stuff right now instead of playing seriously, at least in the matches I've had.

But yeah, this build can really hurt people if used right and you're sooo tanky! But Wit's End or something really needs to be worked into it because damage is almost entirely from Muramana. It's a lot of damage, but you get it late if you don't try to rush it, but then your tank stats will suffer.

Another idea I had was trying to use Sword of the Divine and a lot of AD items with tanky stats, but I haven't looked into any possible item selection yet, or if you can get your AD high enough to leave a dent yet remain tanky enough to do your thing.

Quote:
Edited and bolded what I think should be changed. This allows him to act as both an offensive utility bruiser and increases his 1v1 damage (it also suits his odd magic / physical damage mix).
Oh wow you actually nailed it : D I verily support this idea good sir!

Quote:
Unforgotten Quest Kickstarter
I like what I'm seeing, but asking for 100k as a starting point? That's a lot. I know he's trying to put a lot into this game, but it might be better to start smaller and have features like the editor be stretch goals. But I can understand not wanting to make your product less just for the sake of getting it out the door. I'll keep my eye on it!

Quote:

I don't think free defenses tied onto his ult would work either but he does need defenses, it would change his ult into some weird "I'll use this before I get bursted" ability rather than "Right, teamfight! Murder them all with lightning!"
This. I'm not opposed to him having a new ult, soemone suggested his passive and ultimate switch places and be reworked so he could get stronger survivability and a more constant damage output which I liked. But it's the feeling of pressing R and just running in screaming with your lightning fists up in the air ready to do very, very bad things.

A bouncy Furret

11-18-2012

Quote:
well, then i guess a passive rework would entirely remove the regeneration aspect of voli, since it's either too weak or OP?
I dunno if it would ever get reworked, but I have a love/hate thing with his current passive.
Love it because it wins some fights for you, hate it because it's hard countered by ignite and completely useless when you get bursted down. Also because it's a pain in the ass when jungling, sometimes you just want to finish off a camp and go buy, but it gets you below 30% hp and you just triggered a 2 minute cooldown for no reason >_>
Yeah his passive needs a rework and I don't think sustain is right on him. And like you said. His passive is REALLY annoying and often a trap.

The amount of times I've tried to clear 1 last wave before going b and my passive procs and I think "Fine I'll sit in lane for a while longer" then Riven can 60%-0 me while she's on 30% hp because my W is still on CD.

Vigilant Ronin

11-18-2012

Well stated. +1

Knight of Dusk

11-18-2012

Bump!