Karma is popular now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anna Sachae

06-04-2012

One month ago, when I picked up Karma, I had seen her all of three times in-game beforehand. This is in the year or more that I've played League. She just isn't a common champ to see, and no one bothered denying it. I was thrilled that the first time I went into normals with her, one of the pubbies said "I have never seen your champ before."

Over the last month, I've seen almost a dozen Karmas in games I've played, several other games with people who debated using Karma in champ select, and yet more ranked spectator rotation games where she was a played champion.

This is not the natural order of things.

No, I'm definitely not calling it a bad thing. Karma is a great champ and doesn't see enough play. However, it's incredibly weird for me to see this many Karmas running around. Is she just flavor of the month, or has the meta finally shifted to a position where players are going to give her the time of day?

FatMii

06-04-2012

Rarely anyone would play her. You probably got lucky cause I only saw like 2 or 3 karma in the past month. I highly doubt she would ever be FotM because she doesn't fit in the current meta.

NamKim

06-04-2012

I would agree that you were lucky. I also enjoy using Karma and she is one of my favorite champions. Most people disagree with me and think I am trying to troll them only to find out that I am completely serious. Although, I do not get to use Karma as much anymore because I often find my team desperately needs someone with CC.

Karma is great, and if you and your team knows how to take full advantage of her, she is an amazing asset to have.

Then again, this might just be my personality. I enjoy using champions that most summoners shun. I believe the extra difficulty will help improve my skills along with discovering champions that are actually amazing but never given the time of day. Unfortunately, CC is fair too important part of the game for me to simply ignore.

Technician Tim

06-04-2012

i think ive seen about 5 or 6 karmas in the last year, thats only because one of my buddies uses her as his main support (we have 5 mains, as should everyone else)

other than him playing ive seen 1 other, she was on my team, and i think she did a **** good job, idk why she is so unused

Sam Is Whoa

06-04-2012

Karma is not popular, the meta is stale. Ppl are trying different ways to play. playing a melee tanky DPS carry bot with karma is a good meta breaker but can get you into trouble if your extended for ganks. I think ppl are just trying different things out to try and break away from the meta and switch up the experience. She is not a prototypical support or AP mage but she is viable and can work with certain team comps.

Kalafai

06-04-2012

I'd think Karma would be a rather good mid support for the experimental meta of triple mid.

ProdigalWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Karma is good but really hard to play, a friend of mine plays with her and he does amazing.

advancedAI

06-04-2012

The first time I saw her in a game I thought "Who the F is that!?!?"

monkyyy

06-04-2012

i really like karma, but her w is a little broke and her q didnt fit the meta as it heal tanks better then carrys,
but she is still very very strong(look at her ap ratios and cooldowns), i think the new unholy grail item is making her more viable as u can spam that heal and shield enough to be a "true" support while having great harass

IGotCareless

06-04-2012

My friend's main support is Karma, and I've never seen her. (He's level 30, I'm only 14, so we only play together when we feel like doing bots, and I love support, so he just carries.) Karma is still very rare, don't you worry.