Losing Elo need help :(

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyberthief

Member

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midillusion View Post
Ahh, the typical human response to a bad situation - denial. If someone tells you something you don't want to hear, you immediately disregard it (which in this case usually involves downvoting them). Unfortunately, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just because X is true doesn't mean Y inherently is. The first paragraph of your initial response centers on the fact that you believe OP to be of less skill than the ELO he has had in the past would indicate, simply because RIOT gave him more per game than he deserved. If you did not mean for it to seem centered on that, then you got downvoted for coming across as an *******.

If you did mean for it to seem centered on that, then you got downvoted for coming across as an *******

You were not downvoted due to denial. You were downvoted due to making assumptions that are not evident in the text. You assumed that OP does not deserve to be at silver rank because he did not stay at silver rank. I'm not entirely sure Evel Knievel could have made that jump. People lose games, and subsequently ELO. This does not reduce the ELO they deserve to be at. They have the skill-set of someone at a certain ELO. This does not logically conclude that they are currently, at this point in time, AT that ELO.

So, once again, you were downvoted for coming across as an *******, not because people think you are wrong, per se.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2012

hey i dont want this thread to become a warzone I just wanted a little help. I had a good game one day then next day i get this feeder alistar who runs into the other turrets >__> Im afraid to Q now incase i get another person. Im playing ryze but you cant carry once he has fed 10 kills and the enemy team is as fed as hell. Im currently playing all roles but last pick demands mid and feeds too. IS lee sin good for carrying yourself out of this elo im in? (i have runes for AD,AP and jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2012

What are some good junglers and ap mids to carry which are not often banned? thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

Senior Member

06-08-2012

One thing to realize

The average Elo of the majority of accounts that have played more than 10 ranked games is in the 800-1100 range. 1200 is actually above average.

Junglers- Picking a good jungler isn't just dependent upon who you are good with, but what the team needs. If your team has a strong late game, but needs early game disruption and their team has a weak jungler, Shaco is fantastic. But if your team needs a tank, Maoki is a better choice. Udyr, Shyvana, or Lee Sin is generally a safe and strong choice, as he's got good versatility and is hard to disrupt.

As far as AP mids go, generally you're going to want to find several your comfortable with and master them. Champs that are good roamers and gankers are good choices, as they will help your team win the early game. If you're sitting in mid the whole time and never helping your other lanes, you're doing it wrong. Typically, in low elo solo queue whoever wins the mid game wins the late game too, simply because teams fall apart very quickly, and end up playing the blame game when someone on teh opposing team gets fed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midillusion

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberthief View Post
Just because X is true doesn't mean Y inherently is. The first paragraph of your initial response centers on the fact that you believe OP to be of less skill than the ELO he has had in the past would indicate, simply because RIOT gave him more per game than he deserved. If you did not mean for it to seem centered on that, then you got downvoted for coming across as an *******.

If you did mean for it to seem centered on that, then you got downvoted for coming across as an *******

You were not downvoted due to denial. You were downvoted due to making assumptions that are not evident in the text. You assumed that OP does not deserve to be at silver rank because he did not stay at silver rank. I'm not entirely sure Evel Knievel could have made that jump. People lose games, and subsequently ELO. This does not reduce the ELO they deserve to be at. They have the skill-set of someone at a certain ELO. This does not logically conclude that they are currently, at this point in time, AT that ELO.

So, once again, you were downvoted for coming across as an *******, not because people think you are wrong, per se.
Yes, I was making an assumption, purely because in my experience, there is a higher chance of it happening the way I predicted than vice versa. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read threads on these forums saying something like "I used to be 1400 ELO but now I am at 1200 and can't get back up." Here's the thing, the matchmaking system is designed to try and make sure you have a 50% win/loss ratio. This means that if you have been at an ELO for a while with a 50% win/loss ratio, you are at your true ELO and exactly where you should be.

Now, that is not to say you will always be at that ELO. Far from it. If you improve your gameplay, your skill level will rise and subsequently, so will your ELO. It's a very simple concept really. Those that are better players will have a higher ELO than those worse than them. Of course, this may not happen immediately, thanks to trolls and grievers, but after awhile, as you play more matches, your ELO will stabalize and you will find your true ELO.

If I sounded like a complete cynical b.astard then it was intentional (and no, I won't apologize for it) , mostly because I am sick of these attention-seeking, self-pitying players who do nothing but blame their teammates. They come on the forums, usually carrying a screenshot of a match that went wrong, and expect someone to come up with a miracle solution to their problem.

I'm going to say this once, very slowly for you. THE......ONLY.....WAY.......TO........GAIN......EL O.......IS.....TO.......IMPROVE........YOUR....... .GAMEPLAY.

There is no miracle solution, no magical trick to gaining ELO fast. All you have to do is improve your own gameplay and you will increase your ELO. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen. You cannot make another person play better, so why waste time complaining about their skills? Instead, concentrate on stuff you CAN change, like your own mistakes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2012

Ummm thanks for your post but i just came to forums seeking help to improve my ranked gameplay and asking for some good champions to play. I bought leesin and now im going to start practicing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midillusion

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
hi guys. Ive been playing ranked and i started out well going 12/8 and hitting silver but from there things have started to go downhill. Ive lost 3 in a row and have dropped back to 1328. I dont want to lose anymore elo but my team always throws lategame or gets outplayed hard early game making a recovery impossible. I like to play AP mids. Can someone please give me somehelp?
Quote:
Ummm thanks for your post but i just came to forums seeking help to improve my ranked gameplay and asking for some good champions to play. I bought leesin and now im going to start practicing.
You say you come on the forums asking for advice but give us no information. All you do in that post is complain that your team plays badly and makes you lose. If you want help improving, you need to give us something to work with, either a written scenario that you find difficult handling (e.g. how can I beat x champion with y champion), or a replay of a lost game. You have given us neither and yet you expect us to come up with a miracle solution to your problem. How can we help you improve your gameplay when we have never seen you play?

Here's the thing, as long as you don't counter-pick yourself too much, you can play any champion and run ranked games with it. How do you think Hotshotgg got up to 1800 ELO with Nidalee, or The Rain Man with Teemo, when nobody else did? Because they were skilled enough with those champions to win games with them. That's all. Nearly every champion can work as long as you use them properly.

Also, getting the "perfect" champion is kind of pointless if you don't have the proper runes and masteries for them, and to do that, you need runepages. I said this before and I'll say it again, 2 runepages is never enough for ranked. At the very least you need 5 runepages, 1 for each champions. Ideally you want around 10 so you can customize your runepages for individual champions and/or situations. You might have very well won your jungle Mundo game if you had the right runepage for him, for example.

You say you are here seeking advice, well all I see is another self-pitying fool who expects someone else to do everything for them, to think for them and tell them exactly what they should do. A player, like so many others, who would rather blame someone else for their mistakes than stop and think for a minute and realize that they are just as much at fault as those around them. Now, you can stay at the ELO you are now and wallow in self-pity, or you can do something about it, improve your gameplay and increase your ELO. "You have the tools, make your choice."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blastatackalt

Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midillusion View Post
It is precisely for this reason that I hate Riot for granting extra ELO for the first few ranked game you play. Once again we have a player who got lucky in their first couple of games, rose up to 1400 and then crashed back down again simply because they don't belong at that ELO. Let me tell you something, just because you once reached an ELO, doesn't mean you are at that ELO in terms of skill.

There is nothing wrong in being at 1300 ELO if that is where you belong. Some people believe that you are only a decent LoL player if you are above 1400 and everyone below that is a complete scumbag. This just isn't true, because there is no shame in being a 1200 or 1300 ELO player. This is by no means a final assessment of your skill, you will never be doomed to always be a 1200 ELO player. This is just where you are right now, but with practice you will raise your skill level and therefore your ELO.

One thing I will say though is you need to get more runepages. Right now, part of the reason you are losing is probably because you are facing players with 200-300 wins and maybe a dozen runepages setup for different champions and situations. This puts you at a huge disadvantage that is easily rectified.
On my main in not embarrass to admit I am really low in elo like 700 from not juggling once I jungled I quickly rose up, and I also got like 270 wins but I'm no troll I just tend to have bad days more then good. Elo is not how "good" you are also.I think of elo as a fun way to compete. :D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blastatackalt

Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
Ummm thanks for your post but i just came to forums seeking help to improve my ranked gameplay and asking for some good champions to play. I bought leesin and now im going to start practicing.
Try out nocturn if he is free some week you will be surprise at his jungling. I currently jungle him most and sometimes lee. Just don't glass canon him or you lose. Make him a tanks person who daubed out damage :).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Come on Tree, have some confident.

If you can climb up to silver once, it means that you have the potential to get up there again, don't give up and keep trying.
I agree with Ken. I was in very similar circumstances to you, being over 1400 when I was 9-4. I proceeded to lose the next 7 games (it was a series of catastrophes, none of which I could carry my team out of).

Since then, I went from being 9-11 to 20 - 14 (I went 11 - 3 over next 14 games) and got silver back.

I mainly played Lee and Renekton over the course of those games. Note that Lee cannot really carry a team on his back alone at the end of the game. If you can't get off a lot of ganks, you need to spoil the enemy jungle as much as possible.


123