Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Losing Elo need help :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

06-04-2012

hi guys. Ive been playing ranked and i started out well going 12/8 and hitting silver but from there things have started to go downhill. Ive lost 3 in a row and have dropped back to 1328. I dont want to lose anymore elo but my team always throws lategame or gets outplayed hard early game making a recovery impossible. I like to play AP mids. Can someone please give me somehelp?

BiOniiK

06-04-2012

Carry your team! Watch the whole map, warn them when to backup, when to ward, etc. Tell them when to teamfight. When to get drag, etc. Kinda got to win it on your own. But tbh I'm lower ELO than you at the moment from duo'ing with a very low friend lol, so maybe I'm wrong. But I've been moving up slowly, however, so I guess I'm doing something right. I do it by jungling. I can often win a game for my team through jungling, especially with controlling champs like Nautilus and Nocturne, etc. Just keep playing, you'll start winning eventually. You may be losing ELO, but you'll gain it back just as fast if your in the right ELO.

TehJackAttack

06-04-2012

Seems like some days you get good teams, some days you get bad teams. For myself, it doesn't seem to change game-to-game, more-so day by day. If I run into teams full of trolls or people who rage and refuse to communicate whilst playing poorly, I will stop playing ranked for the day and try to relax in some normal games. On the other hand, when I have good teams I tend to have good luck for the whole day.

Honestly, most of this is probably due to my attitude and personal performance on a day-to-day basis, but I'd rather blame other people, and the outcome would still be the same

ExecutionerK

06-04-2012

Come on Tree, have some confident.

If you can climb up to silver once, it means that you have the potential to get up there again, don't give up and keep trying.

XTreeX

06-04-2012

Thanks everyone (hello ken ^ ^) I think the reason i was able to climb up to silver once was because when you first start plying ranked the elo gain and loss is very high. You would be gaining and dropping 40 elo at a time. Thats how i got to silver. But then i got on a losing spree and lost around 28s at a time. Now im only gaining 23 so if i climb, i will have to climb hard. I will keep trying guys. Will i recover from a losing spree because im kinda afraid to play ranked right now...

defleppardruelz

06-04-2012

you might as well keep playing, at least you will get experience on ranked, the more you play the better you will be. it will get harder to climb, but gaining knowledge is better than just not playing at all.

ExecutionerK

06-04-2012

Quote:
XTreeX:
Thanks everyone (hello ken ^ ^) I think the reason i was able to climb up to silver once was because when you first start plying ranked the elo gain and loss is very high. You would be gaining and dropping 40 elo at a time. Thats how i got to silver. But then i got on a losing spree and lost around 28s at a time. Now im only gaining 23 so if i climb, i will have to climb hard. I will keep trying guys. Will i recover from a losing spree because im kinda afraid to play ranked right now...

lol, i lost 50 elo two days ago, and i am stepping up and just won one today.

midillusion

06-04-2012

It is precisely for this reason that I hate Riot for granting extra ELO for the first few ranked game you play. Once again we have a player who got lucky in their first couple of games, rose up to 1400+ and then crashed back down again simply because they don't belong at that ELO. Let me tell you something, just because you once reached an ELO, doesn't mean you are at that ELO in terms of skill.

There is nothing wrong in being at 1300 ELO if that is where you belong. Some people believe that you are only a decent LoL player if you are above 1400 and everyone below that is a complete scumbag. This just isn't true, because there is no shame in being a 1200 or 1300 ELO player. This is by no means a final assessment of your skill, you will never be doomed to always be a 1200 ELO player. This is just where you are right now, but with practice you will raise your skill level and therefore your ELO.

One thing I will say though is you need to get more runepages. Right now, part of the reason you are losing is probably because you are facing players with 200-300 wins and maybe a dozen runepages setup for different champions and situations. This puts you at a huge disadvantage that is easily rectified.

Kirielis

06-05-2012

What midillusion said. Just because you got there once doesn't mean you belong there.

midillusion

06-05-2012

Ahh, the typical human response to a bad situation - denial. If someone tells you something you don't want to hear, you immediately disregard it (which in this case usually involves downvoting them). Unfortunately, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true.