Leavers?!?!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d00ki3

06-03-2012

I have been playing this game for awhile and have played many other pvp style games in the past and feel that this game lacks something crucial.
Leavers are everywhere, whether they leave after 1 team fight and go straight emo, or they leave just to piss other summoners off we have all seen them.
I feel that the team play has a huge disadvantage after a leaver. There are some times where 4v5s are won do to very good ad/ap carries or very coordinated team play, but not every game has that.
I would like to suggest that if a leaver ends up disconnecting from the game for a certain period of time, that players items are dropped for other players to pick up at the fountain. This way they can utilize the un-used items or sell them to benefit a little from the leaver. This will allow for a little bit of leveling instead of just having a leaver on one team and it causing a snowball effect to eventually loose a game.
Nobody expects to join a game knowing its going to be a 4v5.
Just a thought.
GL and HF to all!

Areaze

06-04-2012

Yea I agree

Sam Is Whoa

06-04-2012

That doesnt work because a leaver isnt a leaver until the match is over. Also what if someone disconnects for a min or so and comes back to have no items and no money and are low level. Thats not viable. I do agree leavers are a problem but they are a problem in alot of team based online games. Unfortunately there really isnt one good way to fix this except to grit and bare surrender and play another game.

Borand

06-04-2012

This guy is talking about a certain amount of time. Someone being out of game for like 10 minutes pretty much means he is not coming back. Regarding the openers' suggestion, perhaps the best thing would be that the leavers items are sold, and only a portion of their money are gonna be dispersed among all the champions of your team. This would still allow you to stay on par with the opposing team, without giving you a lead out of nowhere.

Lady Synvall

06-04-2012

As much as i hate it there is nothing we can do about it. It's just part of the internet.

SatanInDisguise

06-04-2012

Interesting idea and if I understand you correctly you are saying that if a person were to leave the game and be gone for say more than 5 minutes it would pick up someone that is queuing to take their place and play the game.

Only problem here is that generally if someone were to miss 5 minutes of game play they would be exceedingly low on farm and kills and what not compared to any one else that is farming properly so all you would do is take it from a 4v5 to a game where it is 4+1 incredibly weak champion that will constantly die v5 which does not really fix the problem as the weak champ would then have to either go off and farm to catch up in which case they are no good for a long time anyway. Or they would join in team fights and probably feed leading to a defeat anyway.

A better idea would be to say enable surrender votes for the team with a leaver from either 5 minutes after the champ leaves or the 20 minute mark meaning that if it is a 4v5 which nobody likes playing you can just surrender and move on hopefully getting a 5v5.

Now personally I don't like surrendering but I don't mind when the game is a 4v5 as usually there is not much chance of doing anything worthwhile as you will be outnumbered in any team fight unless the enemy are very bad.

DieHero

06-04-2012

i was just thinking, What if a feedback system was put in. Instead of full blown reporting. Giving people a "Teamwork" grade. And you would have to have a certain Average to play with certain people. But this could be abused.

I would like to see a summary of someones ranked stats in champ select too. You know, Top champs, score averages and such. Something i can use to understand what everyone is working with when going in blind with randoms.