janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAporoMission

06-03-2012

can u give me a build and is she a good support ?

TeknoWizard

Recruiter

06-03-2012

Is she good?: Yes. She's the best peeler in the game, in my opinion.

Build: Start with faerie charm and wards, and generally level twister first. Then max shield after that. Upgrade charm into philo and get movespeed 5 boots, or CD boots. Then get a heart of gold, upgrade philo into Shurelyia's, then buy whatever support items your team needs. Aegis for tanky teams, WoTA for double AP, or Zeke's for an Autoattack top.

Technician Tim

06-04-2012

best support in the game for everything but sustain for the carry, but they should grab a few hp pots at the start anyway lol

i just build her for ap, hwoling gale becomes a nuke that can change a teamfight, and monsoon heals SO much, but you need so get tons of wards, usually 3 or 4 at least per recall, if you see your wards die, recall

you can build gold per 5 items, but if you are a decent but aggressive support, the gold from your assists, and helping your jungler take dragon every few minutes is more than enough

the thing that makes janna a support is her skillset, not building tanky,

everyone has their own way of playing supports, but i dont build squishys like tanks, thats alistars job, if they catch janna, she WILL die without ult, or creative use of zephyr (remember you can walk through units)

so anyway, my build i start with boots and wards, then rush cooldown boots, then rod of ages (catylist first, blue crystal first, mana is what you need for your skills, an ally should always have your shield, tornadoes poke really well)

that right there gives you survivability and plenty of mana, ward the entire map now

after that you can build the aura items, i highly recommend WoTA, helps you a lot, and your ap carry quite a bit as well

build situationally always, almost every game with janna i build different items, besides lucidity boots and RoA

with good teamfight positioning, most games like this i never die, in fact ive used this in 4 ranked games (about 1100 elo) won 3 of them, with no deaths, 1-3 kills, and well over 15 assists, best game was a win 3-0-21 with a early surrender

the one i lost, i got careless and got caught out of positioning, and got focused down first every fight, no shield for the ad carry, no tornado nukes ripping their team apart, and no AoE massive heal

play safe and it doesnt matter what you build, just make sure you can see the entire river, your and their red and bule buffs, and that you have plenty of mana

Technician Tim

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Is she good?: Yes. She's the best peeler in the game, in my opinion.

Build: Start with faerie charm and wards, and generally level twister first. Then max shield after that. Upgrade charm into philo and get movespeed 5 boots, or CD boots. Then get a heart of gold, upgrade philo into Shurelyia's, then buy whatever support items your team needs. Aegis for tanky teams, WoTA for double AP, or Zeke's for an Autoattack top.
ive done this build as well, it works if you arent aggressive early, in which case you need gold per 5, also his skill leveling is spot on, howling gale first, early point in zephyr for the unit collision buff, and shield max second.

Lady Synvall

06-04-2012

Janna is my favorite support, the best in my opinion. She is pure support.