[GUIDE]Melee Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eddysamson

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
assassin kassadin... assadin?

you can melee with him. i do it for the funsies if people stack magic resist but it's really not that bad of an idea. i stop caring about my ap gain if people stack a lot of magic resist anyway.
i usually start with 2 rod of ages. if i get an atma's impaler after that, it's roughly +80 dmg. kassadin with 200 dmg +20% crit = good melee. i just tell people i get atma for the armor but i just don't think atma's bad on a kassadin.

i disagree with using meki though. sapphire + 2 health pots is just a much faster path to rod of ages.
Meki builds into Chalice which is a key component of the build, RoA is more on the side.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

you don't... trust me? ; ;

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

Guess it depends mainly on what you build first. I usually play support char, so I always push for Rod before Chalice for extra HP.
I want to try out melee Kasadin too. I tried once before I know what items are what, and I failed horribly. Now that I actually know enough mechanics to use him..well.. I'm stuck on 220ms latency, so any assassin type is out of the question for me. T-T

Bait

11-02-2009

in truth, i don't use atma often. just saying, if i want a melee kassadin, that's what i do.

but dual rod of ages = valid top tier strategy for kassadin.

The Senate

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddysamson View Post
Meki builds into Chalice which is a key component of the build, RoA is more on the side.
That money you spend of Chalice is much better spent on Soulstealer.

You don't need any more mana regen then you get from Soulstealer and the occational Catalyst proc, buying some is pointless.

eddysamson

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
That money you spend of Chalice is much better spent on Soulstealer.

You don't need any more mana regen then you get from Soulstealer and the occational Catalyst proc, buying some is pointless.
People need to read better =/

This build is about melee and balancing offense and defense, Soulstealer has nothing useful for that. Chalice fuels your game until you can be using your W more effectively later on, while at the same time providing you with a good amount of early game MR which is huge depending on what you are up against.

The Senate

11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddysamson View Post
People need to read better =/
Oh don't start with that.

I'm trying to understand your build, I really am, but I think it's only viable by Kassadin's massive ability to killsteal. I'm sure it could work, given the right team and situation and alignment of the planets.

It reminds me of going AP/Tank on Rammus. It's like, sure you can do that, but why attempt it in any situation that you're actually trying to win?

It would make Kassadin able to take down Towers more effectively, but why would you be doing that with Kassadin? He's much better off itemizing for a 5 man gank roam then any sort of push team.

It feels like your spending all this time to sharpen the head of a hammer to make it into a point when you could just as easily go out and buy a pickaxe instead. Why play Kassadin like this instead of just playing Master Yi?

eddysamson

11-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Oh don't start with that.
Well apparently you do need to.

Quote:
Melee Kassadin does not mean he is a physical DPS carry like Yi. You are performing a different role for your group. What I usually end up doing is initiating, doing a good amount of AoE damage through my ult and E and silencing who needs to be silenced, this alone with LB/Triforce attacks will drop around 3 members of a team to half or below, at this point your team will be also on them, finishing off the low guys, and you can blink out. After I blink out I usually come directly back in from the back and start nuking and using my slow on runners. Killing runners is something Kassadin can do no matter the build.
also

Quote:
I have had games where this gets me a record like 15-5 or I've had games where I've been something like 5-4-17 just initiating and doing enough AoE damage to let my team finish everyone else off. Don't think because you aren't getting kills with this build that its bad. The point of this build is to be an asset to your team in teamfights by being an initiator and an off-tank.

Jason Only

11-04-2009

Melee Kassadin is quite good, but some enemy lineups can screw it up. But it does well, if you play it right.

I like grabbing Starks for all the benefits and the -Armor aura, which makes softiers even softer. I had success using Wit's End against many lineups, and with W 5 it can shut down mana-heavy enemies without lots of Mana, such as Cho'Gath.

The best part is that people tend to ignore you when they see you are not a Castadin, something that I used to my advantage to no end.

Stark's, Wit's (or Last Whisper) and Frozen are solid options that make you one hell of a harasser/chaser.

Kimmy Gibler

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Filha da Puta View Post
Melee Kassadin is quite good, but some enemy lineups can screw it up. But it does well, if you play it right.

I like grabbing Starks for all the benefits and the -Armor aura, which makes softiers even softer. I had success using Wit's End against many lineups, and with W 5 it can shut down mana-heavy enemies without lots of Mana, such as Cho'Gath.

The best part is that people tend to ignore you when they see you are not a Castadin, something that I used to my advantage to no end.

Stark's, Wit's (or Last Whisper) and Frozen are solid options that make you one hell of a harasser/chaser.
I totally agree with this. I tried it yesterday with Boots of Mobility, Wit's, and Last Whisper. I was building Frozen Mallet but they surrendered. Going to try it today with Stark's first this time.

I'm befuddled on what to use for the mana regen, since you don't need much aside from early on. I am going to try out Soul Shroud for the extra hp that will help later.