My thoughts from this weekend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyPoorAllies

07-27-2009

All right, this was my second weekend in the LoL beta, and I have a few more thoughts for ways in which the game could be improved. These suggestions are in no particular order

• Auto Blue Pill leavers' champions. It's just annoying when someone gets a free kill from a leaver/dc.
  • Add an option on the login screen to save username. This is a small isue, but it would be nice not to have to retype my username every time I log in.
  • Add a forfeit option. This seems to me like it should be fairly easy to do, and would save a lot of time for people (like me) who would rather play out a loss then simply leave the game. In order to prevent abuse, it should be a vote initiated by one of the players on the forfeiting team, requiring either unanimous or majority agreement from the non-afk members of the team. Also, make sure to position the vote dialog box unobtrusively and add a timer to prevent people from spamming the vote.
  • Include some form of tooltip for champions during champion selection. Even something as simple as the champion's name and skills would be useful.
  • Add a hotkey for taunt!
  • Reduce the number of classifications listed for each champion. There is no need have 8 or so classifications for each champion, that just makes things confusing. I would suggest reducing the amount to something like 3 each.
  • Allow people to adjust the "Recommended Items" for each champion. We can already look at champions in our summoner pages, it would be nice if we could change the items for them as well. As an added bonus, this would significantly reduce the effort needed to update the item recommendations as new items are added and as balance changes affect item builds.
  • Make the Clairvoyance wards invisible but attackable. I like the idea of fighting for vision of the map, as well as having your enemies being unaware of how much of the map you can see.
  • Your own champion should be easier to see. I think I remember reading somewhere on these forums that you guys are working on this so I won't say too much here.
  • Pings are sometimes kind of hard to see on the minimap. A simple solution, in my opinion, would be to change the color of the ! that shows up. Maybe make it red for an attack ping, bright blue for a defend, and white for a neutral (move) ping.
  • I like the idea of the game being easily accessible to people who haven't played before while still allowing a lot of depth for the more experienced players. The masteries and runes seem to accomplish the latter quite well, but the do make things more confusing for new players. My suggestion would be to simply delay the level at which players are granted spots in their runebook. By limiting runes to people lvl 10 and above, it allows new players the chance to get acclimated to the game and to the masteries before they need to deal with the runes.
  • I can't really take credit for this next idea: make the mastery trees a little more creative. I simply want to bring people's attention to the suggestion made in this thread. Aside from the OP's 4th point, I really like his ideas on this.
That is it for now, as I think of others I might come back and edit this post. You may have noticed that I left out any mention of balance issues; I figured there would already be plenty of other people arguing those points, so I left my it out of this post. Likewise, I encountered a few bugs that I will post about elsewhere. Feel free to let me know what you think of my suggestions.

Kudos

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

Good list. I agree with alot of it. Perhaps repost your top 5 issues in the 'Top 5 Issues' forum.

Quep

07-27-2009

i like the "pre-item" build idea... i think it should be more like this though.

Under each units profile, you can see stats, spells, story, and finally Tips, add another bar, Called Items. Keep the "recommended" items there, even tho its not working properly as of now. And under the Items tap could be a six slot bar (inventory) and different pull tabs or a section seperate full of items arranged like that of shop so you can create, review, study and see end results of certain item builds, and the final list can be accessed in the shop, like the recommended bar, but maybe have a pull bar with (Recomended, Item build 1, Item build 2, item build 3 where you can switch through them depending on how your building your hero

redit

Adjudicator

07-27-2009

Indeed, this should have been in Weekly Issues subforum, not here.
Still:

Quote:
All right, this was my second weekend in the LoL beta, and I have a few more thoughts for ways in which the game could be improved. These suggestions are in no particular order

* Auto Blue Pill leavers' champions. It's just annoying when someone gets a free kill from a leaver/dc.
Agreed.
Quote:

* Add an option on the login screen to save username. This is a small isue, but it would be nice not to have to retype my username every time I log in.
As long as it's an option, sure.
Quote:
* Add a forfeit option. This seems to me like it should be fairly easy to do, and would save a lot of time for people (like me) who would rather play out a loss then simply leave the game. In order to prevent abuse, it should be a vote initiated by one of the players on the forfeiting team, requiring either unanimous or majority agreement from the non-afk members of the team. Also, make sure to position the vote dialog box unobtrusively and add a timer to prevent people from spamming the vote.
This is being considered by Riot IIRC.
Quote:
* Include some form of tooltip for champions during champion selection. Even something as simple as the champion's name and skills would be useful.
Try clicking the small text-icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. This brings up a menu with exactly that.
Quote:
* Add a hotkey for taunt!
What? There is no taunt except for Armordillo's taunt. This is hotkeyed.
Quote:
* Reduce the number of classifications listed for each champion. There is no need have 8 or so classifications for each champion, that just makes things confusing. I would suggest reducing the amount to something like 3 each.
Partly agreed, 3 is too little, IMHO.
Quote:
* Allow people to adjust the "Recommended Items" for each champion. We can already look at champions in our summoner pages, it would be nice if we could change the items for them as well. As an added bonus, this would significantly reduce the effort needed to update the item recommendations as new items are added and as balance changes affect item builds.
Agreed.
Quote:
* Make the Clairvoyance wards invisible but attackable. I like the idea of fighting for vision of the map, as well as having your enemies being unaware of how much of the map you can see.
No. Clairvoyance should NOT be counterable by any other means than currently; Another Clairvoyance ontop of it. Wards have the same effect, but make these invisible and make them attackable; This could work.
Quote:
* Your own champion should be easier to see. I think I remember reading somewhere on these forums that you guys are working on this so I won't say too much here.
Like you said; They're working on it. I think it's fine atm; Hit space to center the screen on your champ.
Quote:
* Pings are sometimes kind of hard to see on the minimap. A simple solution, in my opinion, would be to change the color of the ! that shows up. Maybe make it red for an attack ping, bright blue for a defend, and white for a neutral (move) ping.
Has been suggested before.
I believe it was even in the round up last weekend, so Snow knows about it.
Quote:
* I like the idea of the game being easily accessible to people who haven't played before while still allowing a lot of depth for the more experienced players. The masteries and runes seem to accomplish the latter quite well, but the do make things more confusing for new players. My suggestion would be to simply delay the level at which players are granted spots in their runebook. By limiting runes to people lvl 10 and above, it allows new players the chance to get acclimated to the game and to the masteries before they need to deal with the runes.
Disagreed. The progression of levels themselves will be slower once the game is released, so the problem I believe you're seeing here won't exist at release, I believe.
Quote:
That is it for now, as I think of others I might come back and edit this post. You may have noticed that I left out any mention of balance issues; I figured there would already be plenty of other people arguing those points, so I left my it out of this post. Likewise, I encountered a few bugs that I will post about elsewhere. Feel free to let me know what you think of my suggestions.
... Just put it in the right forum, dude.

WoodenPerfection

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Revive!