Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee0rFeed

06-05-2012

I don't see why everyone freaks out about darius, when I play fiora against him I wreck him. Hes not that tanky, pretty squishy, but I know more people go tanky, early game try to focus him if its that big of a problem

Phourc

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoScreamoKid View Post
I don't see why everyone freaks out about darius, when I play fiora against him I wreck him. Hes not that tanky, pretty squishy, but I know more people go tanky, early game try to focus him if its that big of a problem
Iunno what kind of Darius you've been playing against, the ones I see build pretty **** tanky as his kit has such a high built in damage.Fighting him as Fiora was probably the worst experience I've had against him. Yes, I could kill him, but generally not before he got off five swings and his 800 true damage ult, which while I can hold on with vamp for quite a long time, against that kind of ridiculous burst I just kind of exploded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
In team fights it might matter a bit, because currently you could rely on ulting someone and the massive AoE tossed around giving you the refresh, but even as it is there'd been enough times it didn't actually yield a refresh, so if you really wanted the refresh you counted on it delivering the killing blow.

The passive with 100 bonus AD at 5 stacks will now deal 150 damage instead of 200 (BEFORE the base damage, which wasn't touched), pre-resistances. It might have more of an effect on SR where every little bit of damage during laning adds up, and it might mean someone who'd die will live with like 10 HP, but in Dominion? It's a non-issue, really.

If people would feel Darius is ok after this nerf, then they should've thought he was fine before as well, and vice versa.
Your impressions of him definitely match with mine, but we came to drastically different conclusions.

The ult being almost guaranteed to get the refresh in a teamfight is a HUGE problem when you're talking about a true damage nuke, pick whatever character is being focused, drop their health by four to eight hundred and they're almost guaranteed to drop in the next half second or so.

As FDru said his bull**** directly stems from how proficient he is at dealing all three damage types, hitting him in his true damage frequency and his magic damage strength is EXACTLY where he needed it.

Volandum

06-05-2012

DiscworldDeath: look at a creep next time you're in game. They have significant amounts of MR, more than they have armour.

Niceguydan8

06-05-2012

You kite him because he's way less tanky than Udyr and just as easily kited.