Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2012

Darius has a lot of counters.

Nunu is one of the strongest all around I think, because then it doesn't matter what else your team picks, Darius will never be able to catch them.

Annaed

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I just found out Darius hasn't even been out for two weeks and has more matches played in Dominion than any other champion. (According to lolmatches.com)
http://lolmatches.com/championstats

That's pretty funny.

EDIT: Just realized the table is filtered by patch. That was silly of me...
Notice the win ratio? I think that just goes to show how OP he is.

For counters, any ranged slows basically. Just don't get close enough for him to grab u, especially if ur a squish. Don't stay close to him if ur less than 25% hp....

It will be a lot easier after this patch...

DiscworldDeath

06-04-2012

52% win rate is close enough to the norm O.o

48-52% is fine, really. I'm not sure where it becomes "unbalanced", but not at those numbers.
We don't yet have filtering by Elo ranges for win-rates, like leagueofstats used to have, but it's on the agenda for after the server switch.

And no, the patch changes will be mostly feel/cosmetic, to get people to calm down.

Phourc

06-04-2012

^ It's a direct nerf to Darius' ult being up 24/7 xP

DiscworldDeath

06-04-2012

It'd still be up 24/7 once people get used to it, or would be down when you need to burst someone down and are ok with an ally killing them 0.1 sec later, rather than casting your ult after your ally does their thing, delaying it by more like 0.7 seconds.

In team fights it might matter a bit, because currently you could rely on ulting someone and the massive AoE tossed around giving you the refresh, but even as it is there'd been enough times it didn't actually yield a refresh, so if you really wanted the refresh you counted on it delivering the killing blow.

The passive with 100 bonus AD at 5 stacks will now deal 150 damage instead of 200 (BEFORE the base damage, which wasn't touched), pre-resistances. It might have more of an effect on SR where every little bit of damage during laning adds up, and it might mean someone who'd die will live with like 10 HP, but in Dominion? It's a non-issue, really.

If people would feel Darius is ok after this nerf, then they should've thought he was fine before as well, and vice versa.

FDru

06-04-2012

It generally takes time for players to become proficient with a champ. When they have an above average win rate right out of the gate, it's a problem.

He has the same issues as Irelia used to have. Significant amounts of all three damage types on a tanky DPS. Hard to kill, hard to itemize against. Except, on top of having "significant" amounts of physical and magic damage he has "absurd" amounts of true damage. You can't sit here and try to convince people that 900 true damage on a zero cooldown ultimate (because it's so hard to last hit with that right?) is acceptable.

Darius is ****ing dumb. He's just going to be slightly less ****ing dumb after the patch.

Panwar

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Except, on top of having "significant" amounts of physical and magic damage he has "absurd" amounts of true damage. You can't sit here and try to convince people that 900 true damage on a zero cooldown ultimate (because it's so hard to last hit with that right?) is acceptable.
So I first want to be clear that I'm not proclaiming Darius balanced or OP or whatever. That is for better game theorist than I. However I would like to say something about his "absurd" amounts of true damage on a zero cool-down.

There are very few people(if anyone) who can eyeball a health bar to both get the most out of the ult and hit it so it causes the killing blow and be a zero cool-down ability.

I don't know what the average amount of damage that your typical Darius loses when using his ult to maintain the zero CD, but it's not insignificant. I would bet that on average most Darius ults are abusrdly damaging, or zero CD and most of the time not both except by luck.

DiscworldDeath

06-04-2012

I'm not sure his magical damage output is significant, it's not, looking at end-game stats, which include damage to creeps with no MR as well.

His ult out of context is dumb, but you can't analyze it divorced from the rest of the kit.
Let's see how he does this free week, after the patch.

And I don't buy the "proficiency" angle, he did go up - he was closer to 50% win rate for the first 3 days after release and had been slowly climbing up, climbing up as his % in the pool had gone down, that is, as the players who are still playing him are growing proficient, and players who probably didn't gel as well with him play him less (or have become more proficient).

He's no Orianna, he's no Lulu. His kit is pretty darn simple.

I personally don't think the evidence shows Darius is as strong as people make him out to be - he's definitely strong, but I don't think he's T1 material. Top of T2? For sure.
But that's just me.

Also, "Average" is not a flat 50%, it's a range. In SC2, 45-55% win rate in a match-up is within the threshold the developers find acceptable. We don't know what the threshold is for LoL, but I doubt it's really the goal to have every single champion at 50% once you control for player skill.

DiscworldDeath

06-04-2012

Panwar, I try to remember how much damage my ult does at full stacks, at 0 stacks, and at 50% stacks (cause 75% of max is easier than 1.6 times base...), and you know, you can click on someone to see how much health they have exactly, cause the bar is indeed confusing.

Panwar

06-05-2012

He's definatley not Jax or Pan. I played both the other day(after not playing them for awhile) and I was like "Holy ****! Stuns! Real Gap closers! Extremely high DPS! Poke!" You might make a comparison between him and Pan(maybe) but Jax is clearly the winner over both of them.

*edit*
Yah I'm bad at looking at the health on the pop-up. Perhaps an area of improvement for me.