banned because my laptop over heated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoolAidzBlue

06-03-2012

cmon riot there has to be some kind of way u can tell if someone left a game or if a problem presists.. contemplating leaving lol ....

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Send in a support ticket....

BDAScooby

06-03-2012

Send in a support ticket
And they will unban for sure !

KoolAidzBlue

06-03-2012

how do i do that?

SatanInDisguise

06-03-2012

TBH there is no way for them to easily tell if it is a problem on your end or you just left because for one alot of problems For example losing internet connection could be faked by turning off your internet. I mean for your specific example theoretically if they kept logs and your laptop overheated it should have caused severe FPS drops leading up to the crash out but there is no way for them to know if it actually happened or for instance you opened a really GFX heavy program in the background to make it look that way so they would think you had a problem and not ban you.

I know it sounds silly faking problems but if everyone got unbanned for saying oh my internet cut out and riot checked and saw that you did lose connection to the server everyone that was losing would be "gonna lose, team wont surrender, unplug internet."

Sam Is Whoa

06-03-2012

They dont ban you because you disconnected one time. They will NEVER ban someone because of 1 offense. You did multiple things multiple times and deserve a ban. You also deserve a ban if you disconnect everytime you play on that laptop yet you continue to connect. dont play a game that requires your presence to be there if you know you have issues that make you disconnect. I have no sympathy for you and dont care in the least if you never screw your team over by disconnecting in the middle of a game.

CamCam227

06-03-2012

Yeah Im going with Sam they wont ban you if you do it one time they will ban you after repeat offences so man I think u got banned because of something u did recently like leave a few games or something but it happans to all of us. Sometimes I have major lag and it quits bymyslef but I dont get banned because I dont usually leave games. Anyway you could make your computer overheat purposely so you could leave and thats why they dont have someway of knowing why it dc

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

you can't get banned by leaverbuster for one game which means this isn't the first game you've left, so perhaps if you know your laptop will overheat while playing LoL you shouldn't queue up until you fix that

AJStarhiker

06-03-2012

You can send in a support ticket, but LeaverBuster is an automated system and, by the time your issue gets resolved, your ban will be over anyway.

And like thepantsparty said, you don't get a ban from just one game. Yes, it takes less on a low level account, but even if you left your first game at level one, you'll just get a warning for that. And yes, I did that because I didn't know any better.

Keep playing without leaving, your punish level will go down. Since my first warning, I've had three other leaves on this account, but by then, I'd built up enough history *not* leaving, I haven't even seen another warning.

Like other posters said, Riot can't tell if you disconnected because of equipment failure, logging out, or shutting of power to your computer. Lee way is built in for those genuinely have a RL emergency or genuine equipment failure. However, once you know about the problem, it becomes your responsibility to figure out how to fix it before playing again.

Kukimata

06-04-2012

you cant be banned for a single leave
you are a dirty boy