Kayle, feed me your knowledge :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaIont

06-02-2012

I have need of the winged girl with the shiny armor. No actual clue what is the most optimal way to play her I have just been swinging her sword at things and hope they stopped moving. Just assume that I know what I am doing just know nothing of builds and for a nice spot to base this build off of lets say that jax is running at you and all hope appears lost.

Phourc

06-03-2012

You pretty much got three ways to play her, with her not-so-strong scaling preventing a few from really working.

1) Hybrid. AP just doesn't give her enough, though.

2) AS/On-hit damage items - with a Malady and Guinsoo and maybe even a Nashor's, it's the closest to her apparent 'intended' build that still does damage and can heal/ult with decent cooldowns.

3) Straight AD carry. IMO the boring-est way to play her, but appears to work the best. Make sure you're taking full advantage of AD, AS and Crit and your damage will be pretty impressive endgame.

As for how to fight, kite until you can't escape (remember your Q slows, even if the projectile is hella slow), ult and destroy, continue kiting if not dead.

Volandum

06-03-2012

Remember to max your CDR, for the AD carry you'll probably be building zeke's or ionians or brutaliser for this.

Xoax

06-04-2012

I don't have anything to say about kayle. You just seem cool. ^_^ add me? Xoax

TaIont

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoax View Post
I don't have anything to say about kayle. You just seem cool. ^_^ add me? Xoax
How could I ever say no to someone who loves x

FOODFOOD

06-04-2012

I haven't commented on here in a while, but I saw a Kayle topic and just felt the need to chime in

1. Never build Nashor's Tooth on her. Ever. Stinger - yes, sometimes. Nashor's - Never. It's just a great big waste of money.

2. On-Hit does very well if you are against a tanky bot lane. Build a Malady, Wit's End, Brutalizer & Frozen Mallet and you'll start doing some pretty awesome surprising damage while still being tanky. It's also a build that you can realistically achieve in most games.

3. Straight AD is definitely the best way to dish out the damage, particularly if you're against squishies. If you're runed/masteried correctly, the downtime on your E will be minimal and not really noticeable, which brings me to...

4. 40% CDR, while nice, isn't necessary. 33% cdr is necessary to keep your E up at all times, but since battles rarely last as long as its uptime, 25-30% CDR is a pretty good number to shoot for. Your ult and E will still be up whenever you need it.

5. If you're bot lane against Malphite - swap. He will win. This is particularly true if you go the On-Hit route, as your attack speed is your most important stat. On this note, anyone that gets Frozen Heart will also give you a hard time (like AD Malz, Urgot, Warwick, sometimes Yorick). They're not unbeatable, but they're tough for obvious reasons.

I hope that helps. Kayle is crazy fun.

Helixes

06-04-2012

Personally I have had success with her being built as AP, Hybrid, AD, and On hit, but AD is my most common now.

AD is the only build I don't max CDR on. Useful yes, but if you can work around the E C then don't kill yourself over it.

For ad I go...

Zerkers + Lsword + HP pot
Brutalizer
Ghost blade
I.E.
at this point game is usually done but if not
Aegis
Blood Thirster