Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Surrendering...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyJs

06-03-2012

4-1 vote surrendered to bots this one game when we were at their nexus - the one who didn't surrender was this sona on try hard mode who raged so hard we 'threw' the game

Technician Tim

06-03-2012

Quote:
Its My Cookie:
I swear to all high heavens... I have been playing Solo queue's... And for 20 LEGIT GAMES IN A ROW ( I kept track ) MY TEAM HAS SURRENDERED 4-1... ( I'm the 1 )...

Now I know that in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE you should EVER surrender... unless you ABSOLUTELY have to cause you gatta go or something and you don't wanna be banned... But to use use it to "Troll quit" At 20 minutes in EVERY game you play... It's not even funny! Like common... you'd better do something about this... cause I wear to god... If I so much as get 5 Surrenders in a row again... I'm murder someone... I'm not even kidding... this isn't even funny.

yeah some people are quitters man, i never ever ever surrender, unless like work calls or something, but yeah im always the one that says no lol

SatanInDisguise

06-03-2012

Only time I surrender is 4v5 with the enemy team just trolling for kills which happens more than you would expect. So they practically sit just outside your base moment anyone goes to the edge to push out minion waves they just pick em off in 3 seconds flat.

Other than that my oppinion on surrendering is like that Winston Churchill uses in his speach at the begining of WW2

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

FrankTheStud

06-03-2012

Quote:
DonnFirinne:
Assumptions don't work well either, just to start off. I have personally carried several games out of a 20 minute surrender vote because one person believed in me, and I can't begin to count the number that I never got the chance to because nobody believed in me. The other three players always ***** at me the rest of the game, but then they are remarkably silent when we score an ace in our base and then I shove down a whole lane with them trailing behind, take inhibs, nexus turrets, and win. I've won games where the other team had twice the kills we had a the end. It happens. Especially with late game carries. If the other team is not shoving your lanes down your throat so hard they come out your ass, then you can farm up to win. As an AD range I hug tower and farm that **** up. Play it cautious and if your team has enough intelligence to play it careful too, you can stop them from getting kills. They'll still farm, get baron control, dragon control. buff control, but that does not mean that they will automatically win.

If you have a late game carry, and please know what champs those are, then why the hell would you deny them late game unless they are the one(s) feeding the other team? Sure, if everyone but your Soraka is feeding, you probably don't have a chance. But if your Ashe or Cait or Nasus or anyone who scales really well into late late game are doing well at 20 minutes, you have to be the most illogical person to surrender the game then.

On top of all of this, if your team is so bad that your loss is guaranteed, you're gonna lose pretty quick. If your most important players are all feeding and only your support and straight tank are holding their own, you are not going to last very long, so the time you would save by surrendering becomes nominal. And who knows, maybe your support turns into battle Taric and goes hard as ****, scores an ace on his own, then leads your team to victory? It could happen, I've seen it happen.

tl;dr:
If your loss is guaranteed, accept it and go down with your battle glory intact. You won't save time or dignity by surrendering anyway.
If your team has a chance of lasting another 10 minutes, let them have it. The game changes after mid game and anything can happen.

I'll just answer the TL;DR because I really don't feel like writing an essay about League of Legends. There's no such thing as dignity in a video game. I don't want to sit another 10 minutes in a game where we're defending against two blown inhibitors while they have all their towers intact. Yeah, you can drag out 3 inhibs into a late game, I've done it, and it wasn't worth it. You defend for 10 minutes while they get Baron, Dragon, and all the buffs, then they just all meet up and do a final push and end the game. If losing is inevitable, you may as well surrender so you can try another game and hope you win. I've never had a game where my team surrendered when losing was unavoidable. Surrendering at 20 when your team is 2-20 is very logical to me, because even if you drag it to late game, there's no chance in hell you're going to win. (Unless their team disconnects). "Farming by tower" is almost an oxymoron, wheras if you "farm" by tower, your opponent is getting more creep score than you, especially early game. I've never gotten an ace, or viewed an ace happen when one team has 25 overall kills, and the other has 50, to be honest. It's one thing if they're 30-36 or something by 50 minutes, but then again, that would mean you didn't go 2-20 at the beginning. Once you beginning losing by a large portion, it's like the domino effect. You get weaker as they get stronger. Welcome to why you don't want to die in LoL.

Psichoxxx

06-04-2012

XD

greg1234567890

06-04-2012

well i always be the 1 to say yes or even start surrender cuz most times my team just do want ever don't help and get fed by miracle after my QQ all game and might win or might lose

Isayn0

06-04-2012

you can have a entire team of end game carrys but if you keep geting destroyed in team fights i say surrender. move on to another game.

DonnFirinne

06-04-2012

Quote:
FrankTheStud:
I'll just answer the TL;DR because I really don't feel like writing an essay about League of Legends. There's no such thing as dignity in a video game. I don't want to sit another 10 minutes in a game where we're defending against two blown inhibitors while they have all their towers intact. Yeah, you can drag out 3 inhibs into a late game, I've done it, and it wasn't worth it. You defend for 10 minutes while they get Baron, Dragon, and all the buffs, then they just all meet up and do a final push and end the game. If losing is inevitable, you may as well surrender so you can try another game and hope you win. I've never had a game where my team surrendered when losing was unavoidable. Surrendering at 20 when your team is 2-20 is very logical to me, because even if you drag it to late game, there's no chance in hell you're going to win. (Unless their team disconnects). "Farming by tower" is almost an oxymoron, wheras if you "farm" by tower, your opponent is getting more creep score than you, especially early game. I've never gotten an ace, or viewed an ace happen when one team has 25 overall kills, and the other has 50, to be honest. It's one thing if they're 30-36 or something by 50 minutes, but then again, that would mean you didn't go 2-20 at the beginning. Once you beginning losing by a large portion, it's like the domino effect. You get weaker as they get stronger. Welcome to why you don't want to die in LoL.

There's a chance for dignity in every situation, but your attitude toward this game shows me that you don't care enough to even consider it. I'm surprised you even decided to comment on the forums. If I had to guess, I'd say you only play this game for some quick fun once in a while, no competitive spirit at all. And obviously you give up as soon as it begins to get hard. With that attitude, you'll likely never get satisfaction out of this game no matter how much you play.

You never witness such an ace likely because you are giving up way to early. I've seen it happen plenty. And even if you don't get an ace, you can get 3 or 4 kills, which if you are losing that much will get you a hefty bounty, and then you can bump up your items and get back in the game. Not to mention that killing champs of higher level gives you more experience than normal, so if you can pick off one of them out of position you can put yourself back in the game.

GFireflyE

06-04-2012

Nah, I often have it where I gank on a Shaco, Trynd or Yi player to the point where they put in for surrender at 20. When their team downvotes to keep playing, that player just leaves.

So sad. Can only play if they snowball. Real fair.

advancedAI

06-04-2012

Whatever, I'll just surrender. Move on to a different game.

Sure if I there's some hope I play through it. I don't mind working up-hill. But if it is ridiculously one-sided I'd rather just move on. Someone getting really fed really early has a big snow-ball effect.