Did this guide help you understand the rules of A.R.A.M?

Yes 1,409 93.56%
No 97 6.44%
Voters: 1506. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] The Unofficial A.R.A.M Game Mode

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanitizer

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendax View Post
The rules of ARAM are always up to the host, but you are giving a very inaccurate depiction by claiming that Blue Pilling is not allowed, Snowball items are not allowed, and Fortify is not allowed. If anything, the few games that do not allow such things are usually referred to as Nerf ARAM or Carebear ARAM.
The main rules of A.R.A.M does not consist of recalling/blue pilling because if it did, games would rage on for a long time. I'm not sure what kind of A.R.A.M games you have been playing, but it would be best if you told me what kinds instead of flaming me for making a "general" guide for A.R.A.M.

Yes, most of the rules are up to the host, but most of them are the usual: "No snowball, no fortify, all random, all mid, no recalling, no buying until dead." I have never played a A.R.A.M game where you can recall to heal since the point of staying all middle lane is to grab kills and assists. There would be no point in laning middle lane if you can have the ability to recall every 2 minutes because you were "low on health." You might as well play a normal game for recalling.

Also, some people have mixed feelings about most of the rules I have put up. I agree with them since every game is unique to the host. I'm just putting up a general rule for A.R.A.M players since most people don't really know what it is. Of course, when I first played it, I had no idea. I like the idea of "no recalling/blue pilling" and "no snowball items" in the general A.R.A.M because some champions that are picked randomly have a more Ability Power orientation and can have the upper hand in the game.

Wangtime

08-24-2010

This mode sounds like the special olympics for the derps who can't cope with the pace of a normal game. lewl

Encoding

08-24-2010

This mode is actually more skill than luck. Sure you're lucky if you roll Heimer, Soraka, Taric, or Blitz, but after that the game is entirely up to skill. As you cannot b, most people are stuck with their first item for a while. The better you're doing essentially the worse you are off as you will be undergeared severely. No deaths = 1 item. Your teams actually need to work together. For the first 15 minutes it boils down to who over extends, who dives horribly, and that masteries/runes you chose.

Encoding

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangtime View Post
This mode sounds like the special olympics for the derps who can't cope with the pace of a normal game. lewl
It's actually much more fast paced.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendax View Post
The rules of ARAM are always up to the host, but you are giving a very inaccurate depiction by claiming that Blue Pilling is not allowed, Snowball items are not allowed, and Fortify is not allowed. If anything, the few games that do not allow such things are usually referred to as Nerf ARAM or Carebear ARAM.
Games that do allow fortify and snowballs in ARAM, are one-sided stomp fests based on the random champions and players individual skill. The highest skilled player will crush, as long as they have a semi-carry champ with snowball. Blue pilling in ARAM is a joke, the mode is suppose to promote clutch fights to the death in mid.

I guess you could make a mode called FU-ARAM - Fountain Unlocked. Might as well allow snowballs and fortify in this mode, as it will be much more difficult to continually kill people and push.

Chaoticon

08-24-2010

The tutorial map should be converted and used for this game mode.

GBolt 0

09-08-2010

I want ARAM as an official mode. ;_;
Even better if it was in the Tutorial Map.

JohnCataldo

09-08-2010

In general, I'd really like Riot to support alternate game modes like this. It's a way to add a lot more content that multiplies with the existing work (new champs, new items, etc.) There's a limit, because you don't want to splinter the community too much, but right now the "game modes" are pretty limited and not very different.

Amaterasuomikami

09-08-2010

Riot make this an actual game mode <3

EDIT: UPRATE IF YOU AGREE!

SoaringStarl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Great guide! Hopefully people will read this and stop farming bot lane in ARAM games .-.

The turret-suicide condition seems to ruin the spirit of the mode though. Not only does the well-to-do player keep their killing spree (denying opponents of their rampage-gold) but they can also go back to get more items to keep face-rolling people

12345612 ... 13