Meta... what is it? ._.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luna Do Well

06-02-2012

Well; I'm trying to get into dominion... but it's hard when there's no clear meta for it and people refuse to help or explain in game.

Also, what are good champs for it? I tend toward AP mid/Support bot in SR... and I feel so at a loss. Nidalee AP, Ahri, Sona, Soraka, Lulu are my big 5. Can they be played in this game mode?

Also; what is mid? Top and Bot are self explanatory... but there's no node in the middle of the map. x.x

Orphane

06-02-2012

All of the champs you listed are fine or more than fine in Dominion.

Mid refers to the middle nodes at the northern exits to the spawn, in between top and bottom.

The standard "meta" is that 3 people immediately head top, 1 person with high mobility/cleanup power caps mid then heads top, and strong pushers/stalematers go bot. There's no requirement that champs have a particular role like in SR, but it is recommended that you have an even mix of physical/magic damage, as well as at least one disruptor/mass cc champion.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

The current meta is four top, one bot, with one of the top ppl taking mid along the way. The team comp is usually a champ with good waveclear bot to keep farming and pushing the lane, while the top laners are usually tanky bruiser champs.

What to do bot:

You'll usually be up against a heavy waveclear champ like morgana, heimer, malz, etc, so you need to push back as hard as they can push you. If you can kill them one v one, thats all good, but someone from top will usually come and gank for you every so often.

Why is only one bot?

Taking the enemy player's bot is not your primary objective; taking top is. Top is far more important because it is equally far from both your bases, whereas the enemy player's bot is closer to their side, so reenforcements will always arrive there quicker.

Who to send mid:

Mid refers to the point closest to the north entrance of your base. "Their mid" refers to the enemy team's point.

You want to send someone mid who isn't going to be very good in the initial standoff. This means some without good poke.

Champs that would be bad to send mid include nidalee, blitz, and ezreal. Champs you might send mid are melee champs without gap closers like garen.

Team comp:

You want as many as 4 bruiser champs. The ap to ad ratio is highly skewed towards ad champs. you might get as many as 2 aps but 3 is too much.

A bad team comp would be 3 ad carries and 2 mages, because they would be bursted down so easy.

Champs who are OP on dominion:

Jax, Poppy, Nautilus, Blitzcrank.

Champs who are UP on dominion:

Chogath.. He just can't keep his feast stacks up because he will be dying just like everyone else in the game.

Support champs can work on Dominion, but they are almost never built support. If you choose sona, lulum, or janna, you are infinitely more helpful building them ap, since they can heal for a lot and also burst people down.

The Elk

06-02-2012

Please read these guides. The first is a beginner guide, the second is slightly more advanced. Both were written by top players and are very good.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1949008

Renegade Talon

06-02-2012

AS/on-hit kayle top along with AD kayle bot. Make sure to back up AS kayle with tanky derps kayle and AP kayle. Finally you round out your team comp with support kayle. At this point you will have any role covered as you are replacing your true tank with a tanky dps and you dont have to worry about those pesky AOE because all of you fly.

Oh and if you are wondering what you are gonna do with all of those bubble suits well trust me your carry is beyond safe I garentee it.

HaIfhearted

06-02-2012

The champs you play are all very solid Dominion picks.

-AP Nidalee is one of the nastier pokers in the game. That spear HURTS, and sticking traps in the brushes above and around the Storm Buff node is guaranteed to grant you vision of something, cause people walk through that area all the time.
The 12 second reveal is ridiculous and VERY powerful. Jungle vision is priceless in this game mode, since you can't buy wards.

-Ahri is a very strong and mobile mage right now who can do well both top and bot lanes. An AoE true-damage nuke isn't something to scoff at, and landing a good charm can really help turn the tide of a fight.
Shes also near impossible to catch as long as her ult is up.

-Sona is a very solid support. Unlike SR where supports are relegated to being their carries b****, in Dom you can build the items you need to actually support your team.
IIRC the usual Sona build is Triforce/Aura-tank.
Her ult is a GREAT initiation and teamfighting tool, as well.

-Soraka is a nasty bot laner. When I'm against a good Soraka, I just feel like she takes no damage while wearing my health down. Her ult also allows her to directly assist top from the other side of the map.
You can take her top too. Since the heal also gives a stupidly massive amount of armor I could see her working as a counter to physical-heavy teams.

-Lulu is a character that is actually considered OP right now in the competitive scene. You build aura-tank and become unkillable, while providing MASSIVE amounts of cc, disruption, and general team-utility.
Glitterlance slows for WAAAAY too much. 80% slow on a massive AoE with a 4 second CD after you max CDR? Stupid. Absolutely, totally stupid.

Phourc

06-03-2012

Nidalee is hard to play well on dominion, or at least I've never seen one.

Support in general gets to actually build items in Dominion, gives you a lot of build freedom. Usually people end up going AP/CDR/Tanky, grabbing aura items when they can

Buck Strickland

06-03-2012

The meta is to have fun unlike summoner's rift.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

The current meta can be read above by many others posting it, but don't be afraid to try something new. It's still a FAIRLY new game mode, and many things could potentially work.

ElevenOfClubs

06-03-2012

Bot lane needs to either push really hard OR duel/trade really well.

Jax, Warewick, and Ryze (and even to some extent Yorric) are strong bot champs who can beat enemy champs who can push harder by forcing and winning trades until their keeping their lane opponent sitting on or near their tower.