Backcapping is the bane of Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergheis

06-02-2012

I'm fine with "strategic" capping of one turret.

But it's these people who see a losing game and decide to do NOTHING but backdoor that really ruin the Dominion feel.

A team of 5 can't win only with Backcapping, but they sure can drag it out for 30 minutes.

Sauron

06-02-2012

POOTERSS is busy backcapping Diablo 3.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
I'm fine with "strategic" capping of one turret.

But it's these people who see a losing game and decide to do NOTHING but backdoor that really ruin the Dominion feel.

A team of 5 can't win only with Backcapping, but they sure can drag it out for 30 minutes.
very true. Second to that are the people who put such great importance on score. "I have a higher score than you so I'm obviously more helpful than you."

MyDeadGrandma

06-02-2012

"At least I kept them busy. Why didn't you take top?"

Said Shaco, as he failed to even neutralize mid before dying for the 10th time.

Liath

06-03-2012

I think they tried to design it so that the "racetrack" mode might actually matter. But it's just tanky DPS twisted treeline 2.0

Liath

06-03-2012

wish they'd gone with magmarmarharabar

WishMeLux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

a dedicated backdoor champ can be effective though. ill roll eve especially if other blind pick teammates need a longer game to get their builds done

Aroyok

06-03-2012

Instead of trolling Eve to uselessly grind against capture points, I troll Eve as a badass melee-assassin with a lot of mixed damage who closes the gap by being untargetable and annihilate squishies, and lategame, tanky derps.

WaterD103

06-03-2012

It may backfire, but if it would be my decisions, i would try increasing the singlechamp cap by 2 second, but reducing the diminishing returns of multiple people capping and slightly increase the damage minions do to turrets.
Not so much because backcappin in random games, but 5+ in tourneys showed that if you make a strong teamfight team, a better one on one team can just backcap all day forcing 1on 1 all day.

CannonFodder4Hyr

06-03-2012

yup- so many games thrown in the trash because a guy insists that capping is the way to win, even if he dies every single time.

The asinine martyr bonus only encourages this behavior, really needs to change. Too many say *deaths dont matter, kills dont matter, the point is to cap*. Well, if youre dieing and not killing, the other team is only growing stronger and stronger than you, and by midgame you have no hopes of being able to hold any of your turrets, much less continue to cap any.

At the same time- when you have a dug in top team holding the turret from you- dont just sit there poking away and hoping something is going to change. Go grab their mid, get them to pull off the turret, then ambush and win the fight, then go grab top.
None of this is hard to learn, but some people are stuck on an SR mentality or something.