Dominion Needs Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninjagaja

06-02-2012

Hey I have been playing dominion for a little while and am enjoying it Alot. My one concern is that after you start winning game after game of normal there is really no where else to go, my solution is that for season 3 they add a dominion section with a small prize pool and a ranked section so that players can play at a higher level. I can't understand why the other 2 maps get Ranked but Dominion isn't good enough...? I don't want to switch over to classic once im level 30 because I actually enjoy dominion. If you support this Idea please show your support and raise awareness for this fairly simple concept.

kelidus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

queue times would be like, half an hour. have you tried to queue up for normal draft mode lately? it's long....

HaIfhearted

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelidus View Post
queue times would be like, half an hour. have you tried to queue up for normal draft mode lately? it's long....
Getting ranked would actually SHORTEN queue times.

I believe one of the main reasons so few people play Dominion is because of a lack of ranked.
Small playerbase = longer q times.

Ranked Dominion would bring an influx of players, which would shorten queue times simply by having more people queuing at once.

ArlanKels

06-03-2012

Ranked should come in, Draft should go away. If they keep Draft, Blind and add Ranked it'll spread the playerbase out too much and create insane queue times at all the high points. Insaner...rather..

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
Ranked should come in, Draft should go away. If they keep Draft, Blind and add Ranked it'll spread the playerbase out too much and create insane queue times at all the high points. Insaner...rather..
This. No one plays draft dominion. The only time it's reasonable is if you get enough people together for a game or three and have them all queue up at a predetermined time. Otherwise it takes longer to get into a game than it does to play the game (and that's assuming that no one dodges). Eliminate it and bring in ranked. Hopefully it'd spark some new interest in the map and get some of the more 'srs bzns' folks playing it.

Don't even worry about balancing champs for the mode, just give each side 4 bans.

DG Denz Brujah

06-04-2012

I would totally devote a boatload of time & money (IP Boosts FTW) to play Dominion competitively

With E3 here I am hoping to hear good things for LoL & would love to see more support for Dominion especially after all the initial hype