Program exiting every time game finishes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranor

10-29-2009

Every time I finish a game, instead of exiting to the game client with the stats and whatnot, it immediately just shuts down the program and I have to open it up and re-login to play once more.

As far as I can tell, I haven't had any actual crashes.. it just.. doesn't.. come back up.

Suggesetions?

Jothki

10-29-2009

Every time? It's happened sporadically with me, but it's not particularly consistent. I know that particular issue has been there for a while.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

Are you sure it's not minimizing the PvP.net client?

It does that to me and I have to maximize it from the system tray (bottom right corner) after every game.
Annoying, but not as annoying as say skillshot bug or the friends' list bug.

P.S. I'm on Windows 7 RC (I'm too lazy to upgrade it to final even though I already have it, due to playing LoL too much)

Grimicus

10-29-2009

I had this happen with my old computer regularly. I think it is a race condition with how long it takes the in game client to shutdown and hand off to pvp.net. It feels like pvp.net has a timeout period or something waiting for the game to tell it it is done shutting down, but stops listening if it takes too long and either stays minimized or it crashes. My old machine was pretty old. only 1.5 gig memory p4 2.6ghz, so I think that because pvp.net takes up so much memory, that there is too much swapping going on for it to recover properly after the game runs.

I DID increase my swap size and that stopped it from crashing consistently, but only if I only had LoL running. If had vent or firefox running it would still happen almost everytime.

Ranor

10-29-2009

Hm. So as of this moment, there is no fix for it? :/

Rabe

10-29-2009

I've had this same problem *nearly* every time I finish a game, win or lose, no matter how long it lasted. Sometimes the client just doesn't come back up ( I usually wait until about 30 seconds after the icon dissapears from the bottom right) and lately it's come up as an error that it couldn't restart and please re-open the program.

ShardOfDarkness

11-02-2009

I've had maybe 1 game where the client re-opened properly after a game. This is out of ~a dozen or so games (all 3 actual games <read: non-practice> I have played crashed on me), further the client seems to crash if I let it sit too long (ie, I finish what I'm doing, and wander away from my comp for a bit or I check something online and get too much into it)

If it's a processor lack of speed problem....I may need to stop running the game alongside 7ish instances of Firefox...