Why does Riot Hate Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IalreadyHateYou

06-02-2012

TT #2
Welcome to the club.

Certamen

06-02-2012

Dominion is stupid and it is meant for stupid players. But sadly stupid players continue to play ranked for some reason.

chumbler

06-02-2012

^^^^ Care to back up that statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShogunMaster View Post
Ok so I will admit that I've only played Dominion a few times but what is "Fundamental Dominion Balance" that doesn't include changing champions? All I can see that they can change while not affecting SR is the Dominion map itself, and items available. What else could they do? (Legitimate question not somesort of insult.)
The map specific debuff, changes to map layout and visibility, respawn timers, capture rates, items, the scoring system (by which I mean how the nexus health ticks down, not the irrelevant player scores), quests, pacing, etc. There are a lot of things they could hit, but they don't care to look at any of them.

Also Brackhar, the lead designer for dominion, at least has said that if a champion is a problem in dominion, they are probably also a problem in SR, which is largely true but nobody else seems to want to admit it.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Magma chamber

Cherokeepimp

06-02-2012

Don't you love how they always move these thread to the Dom forums rather than keep the issue out in the open over in general.

inFe eD

06-02-2012

WARNING: reading this thread may be hazardous to your brain cells. I made it to the third page before I started babbling inanely and licking walls.

Cherokeepimp

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
WARNING: reading this thread may be hazardous to your brain cells. I made it to the third page before I started babbling inanely and licking walls.
It's because you have down syndrome and dyslexia, it makes following along difficult.

DiscworldDeath

06-02-2012

Man, I hate that "General Discussion" is actually SR, even though there's an SR forum, but if people discuss things related to SR only, and not to champions in general, then they stay in SR.

It's like being a white male, it being the "norm" is "invisible".

The Fizznity

06-03-2012

Amusing how every single one of these threads ignores the fact that Morello flat-out stated they were working on balance changes for Dominion a while back. Heck, we've seen the effect of some of those; do you think Rammus was nerfed for SR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certamen View Post
Dominion is stupid and it is meant for stupid players. But sadly stupid players continue to play ranked for some reason.
Like you? (/s)