Why does Riot Hate Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherokeepimp

06-02-2012

SSIA, they have done nothing to promote or make the game better. Any ideas why?

Posotoligist

06-02-2012

Well, obviously you have to put more effort into the more popular maps.

See twisted treeline.

xVasDeferenSx

06-02-2012

No one plays it :P

MetalcoreWolf

06-02-2012

I'm afraid it will turn into another TT, but I have my hopes up and I play Dominion almost every day. <3

Shingston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-02-2012

But..
But..
I play Dominion p.p

Cherokeepimp

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVasDeferenSx View Post
Because they refuse to put rank in or do anything to the game to make it better. They spent a ton of time to make it and then just gave up after the first week.

What about the people who play LOL who don't want to hit minions for 45 minutes cause it's boring? What about the people that actually want to pvp so they play Dom?

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post
Because they refuse to put rank in or do anything to the game to make it better. They spent a ton of time to make it and then just gave up after the first week.

What about the people who play LOL who don't want to hit minions for 45 minutes cause it's boring? What about the people that actually want to pvp so they play Dom?
Because it is incredible imbalanced and competitive play on it is a joke.

It has draft mode that is good enough.

xVasDeferenSx

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeepimp View Post

I play dominion when i want to try out a new champion or test lag.
I guess that's about it.
Oh and when im doing poorly in a few games i hit up dominion games, play yorick, and get a 5 win streak.

Conncept

06-02-2012

It works just the way it is, not much to change. There are fewer OP champs than there are in SR and the play objective allows for real strategy in place of SRs rote memorization playstyle. I've seen a Karma destroy a Jax/Tryndamere in a 1v2 on dominion, it's based on your strategy, you ability to measure and predict your opponent, and your ability to work as a team towards a common objective- it is not based on whether or not you get counter picked in champ select, like a certain other game-type which could be mentioned...

Honestly, with the removal of Priscilla's and Warmogs, they just need to replace/rework most of the MS items and it will likely be better balanced then SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVasDeferenSx View Post
This is patently false, dominion has a huge casual/weekend gamer playerbase, you're just not going to see very much representation on the forums, or see many on at weird times or for incredibly lengthy hours like with the hardcore SR players.

Enosense

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

The problem is that most of the people who play think it's an FPS-style game and ignore objectives to try and kill everything that moves.

Then they just don't play it again. I wish some of these people would watch DominateDominion on the weekends and see that this game mode has a lot of potential. Especially, Riot, since they've pretty much given up on it.