Jungling. a diifferent perspective

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

06-02-2012

June 2, 2012.

Normal Game. The enemy team has a Jungler, our team does not. I am playing Maokai in top lane with a player Shaco. The enemy champ, Nasus, is hugging the turret. Shaco and I clear the first wave of minions with ease, we get to the tower and there's Nasus. The turret clears out our minons, we fall back. Nasus takes a few steps away from the tower. We Pounce! I get hit by the tower once, and Shaco gets the kill.

We could have done that all day.

However, thanks to the inept players on my team I was spared the enemy teams response. Their entire team, except the Jungler of course, came to the top lane.
(My teammates called a Lane change. one of the members of our team suddenly and for no reason just didn't want to play Bot. And one person changed lanes, suddenly all the rest of them do it too. And no one seems to notice that they are giving up kills during all this aimless, pointless shifting. I think many people in normal games throw the match deliberately.)

Linkguy333

06-02-2012

Yup, happens man, alot of bad players out there.

jonferrari

06-02-2012

Most players are pretty bad actually...

But what exactly is the point of your post? (Refering to jungle)

Tyr Ahn Nee

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonferrari View Post
Most players are pretty bad actually...

But what exactly is the point of your post? (Refering to jungle)
I'm thinking that what I need is 4 other players, willing to help me explode and expose the myths, legends and superstitions of "Jungling." 4 other people willing to play a series of matches WITHOUT a jungler, and whenever we face a team with a jungler, willing to hammer home the advantage of having two players top lane facing one player.

I imagine, that if I could get together 4 people willing to help demonstrate that Jungling is a fraud, that everything that's been said about it up till now is and out and out lie, other players would completely abandon the practice.

TL;DR?
My Point is, everything that the community believes about Jungling should be in a book in the local Occult shop.

Aegrotat

06-02-2012

This experiment would be flawed as there are many variables.
Are you having an off game? What is the skill of the other team? What champions are on each team?

Jungle can be a hit and miss thing. I've seen a single top and jungler decimate two champs top, and I've seen two top do better. The bottom line is, a jungler helps EVERY lane, not just one and they don't have to be afraid of leaving their original lane to do it in a roaming manner.

Joshmvii7

06-02-2012

If you go up against somebody who knows what they're doing, they'll just last hit under tower, outlevel you and your partner, and then their jungler will come up and the two of them(both being higher level than you and with more CS each) will just destroy you, over and over.