[WIP] Official League of Legends Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

ryze and nocturne should both be tier 1

A Litle P Kid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Why is Anivia, Soraka, Sona, Yorick, Rumble considered tier 5 (bad)?

And Ahri, Warwick, Shaco are considered superb?

WhoopsiGoldburg

06-02-2012

Why are amazing champs so low on your list

IGotCareless

06-03-2012

Soraka, one of the best supports, with a global heal on a ~90 (changes as it levels) second cooldown, the only character capable of giving

another champion mana, who has a spam-able AOE that lowers MR, a silence on a low-ish cooldown when not supporting someone who

needs mana, a heal that buffs armor, and a passive that buffs MR is ranked "Tier 5- Bad"? She's one of the best baby-sitters in the game.

Yorick is one of the best solo tops, with hard counters being only Riven and Jax(which does kind of suck), the ability to make a clone of the

AD carry that hits 80% as hard and revives them for a while if they die, a great harass, great sustain, and decent ability to chase, is also

"Tier 5- Bad"?

Soraka should be Tier 2- Very Good and Yorick either Tier 2- Very Good or Tier 3- Playable at the very least.

Did I do it right? I'd be happy to revise this if I didn't.

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGJohn View Post
I think the tier list should be based on about 60% 1 vs 1 matchups and 40% team fights based on character effectivity.
60% 1v1 fights? Sounds simple but what kind of teamfights. If ashe harrasses but can never get the kill, still farming effectivly, does it still count as a win? If a champ could potentially counter another champ with an abnormal build that weakens play does this also count?

40% team fights? So its 100% fights? I played alister once, it was silly. Done correctly I imagine I couldve taken down a turret in 5-6 minutes but I had never really done a decent AD build at the time. But when it was time to fight all I could do is stun and push people around and died horribly. I think I ruined like four turrets that game though. Anyways does something like this account for push power and the extra team gold given by pushing? Maybe it does, thats why I'm asking

Syferfyre

Recruiter

06-03-2012

Soraka is bad? wtf

Personsir

06-03-2012

are you rating supports based on supporting power or on 1v1? Cuz if it's supporting power, move Taric, Sona, and Soraka up 2-3 ranks.

lastchancexi

06-03-2012

1v1 is such a small part of the game that I don't think ranking champions based on 1v1 is useful at all.

I personally believe there are 4 things that affect how strong a champion is:
Tankiness
Damage
Strength in Lane Phase
Teamfight Utility

ZOMGTURTLE

06-03-2012

VG, I appreciate your attempts to do this, but the fact that you have several of the constant pick/bans in tournament play listed as "bad" shows you don't have as thorough of an understanding of the game and the characters as you think you do.

This is most evidenced by Shaco being top (a noob stomper who is virtually unusable at high level play because of people knowing how easy it is as a coordinated team to shut him down) and Mundo at the bottom (considered one of the most powerful jungles in the game due to ridiculous clear speed, ability to safely counter jungle with his high mobility, and ability to soak a ton of damage and CC with a tanky build while still having enough innate damage to be threatening to squishies). Your tier list is, at best, a guide to champion's usefulness at low-level solo queue.

skillpatrick

06-03-2012

Call this bias if you want, but Amumu not being first or second tier irks me to an extreme. With decent clear time, innate physical damage reduction from tantrum, two decent length stuns (one having large AoE, and the other allowing for highly effective ganks), great AP ratios, and the ability to build extremely tanky and still put out damage. It seems odd for him to be so low

tldr; Tier lists dont work