Beginner Bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bukumber Express

06-01-2012

This is really a rant thread because of how frustrated I am.

Most normal players know that beginner bots are for beginners (hurdur) and for trying out champions for the first or second time (it's more courteous than in a PvP match). I was trying out Fiddlesticks and we have someone who was completely new to the game. We get this Yorick player who decided that he wanted to show off (or something?) and proceeded to steal every kill he could. In addition to that, he decided that making fun of the rest of us was okay.

Honestly? It's a beginner bot match and you're going to ruin it for people actually trying to learn how to play a new champion? I reported him for a negative attitude, though I doubt he'll get receive any sort of punishment despite his disgusting behavior (slight exaggeration, but it's pretty close). If you're willingly and knowingly ruining a game for other people, that deserve some kind of recognition and punishment.

Thoughts, kgo.

Linkguy333

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post
This is really a rant thread because of how frustrated I am.

Most normal players know that beginner bots are for beginners (hurdur) and for trying out champions for the first or second time (it's more courteous than in a PvP match). I was trying out Fiddlesticks and we have someone who was completely new to the game. We get this Yorick player who decided that he wanted to show off (or something?) and proceeded to steal every kill he could. In addition to that, he decided that making fun of the rest of us was okay.

Honestly? It's a beginner bot match and you're going to ruin it for people actually trying to learn how to play a new champion? I reported him for a negative attitude, though I doubt he'll get receive any sort of punishment despite his disgusting behavior (slight exaggeration, but it's pretty close). If you're willingly and knowingly ruining a game for other people, that deserve some kind of recognition and punishment.

Thoughts, kgo.

You don't know how much I agree with you, Riot doesn't seem to even look at reports! All they do is add it in there to make people think they god that "Noob" banned, when all they did is press a few buttons and write something. I don't like Riot's report system, the only reports that seem to work are for Leaving/afk and Feeding (that barley works although it has worked in the past).

-Isaac

Godsthumbs520

06-02-2012

I have a friend who just started playing last night and today we had time for a few games. I set us up in a beginner bot game and immediately someone in champ select starts trolling him for making it a bad team comp. I tried to tell the guy it wasnt a big deal in bot games and he was new, so please stop. Rest of the game he just followed him and made fun of him for every mistake. It blew my mind...i just cant wrap my brain around why people feel the need to be this way.

Sweet N Nasty

06-02-2012

I feel bad when ever I play bot games or smurfs accounts with friends who are just starting. I dont feel like they learn anything. I usually dont type though or make fun of people, some people are just jerks

TeknoWizard

06-02-2012

The "pros" are going to be "pro". Wait until you find some Akali players. Those ones are fun. Otherwise, just ignore them. Push come to shove, report them for harassment.

subbronze

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsthumbs520 View Post
I have a friend who just started playing last night and today we had time for a few games. I set us up in a beginner bot game and immediately someone in champ select starts trolling him for making it a bad team comp. I tried to tell the guy it wasnt a big deal in bot games and he was new, so please stop. Rest of the game he just followed him and made fun of him for every mistake. It blew my mind...i just cant wrap my brain around why people feel the need to be this way.
I've seen this a few times, I respond every time with "we could all jungle eve, buy no items, and still win."

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

You can't learn much at all from the bots, they don't behave like normal players at all. The only thing they are good for is learning very basic positioning. The beginner bots are even worse.

If you want a match by yourself so badly they have custom games for that where you can have the 2 of you and all the rest bots.

TeknoWizard

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebosBike View Post
You can't learn much at all from the bots, they don't behave like normal players at all. The only thing they are good for is learning very basic positioning. The beginner bots are even worse.

If you want a match by yourself so badly they have custom games for that where you can have the 2 of you and all the rest bots.
The point of beginner bots IS to learn basic positioning and basic skills...

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
The point of beginner bots IS to learn basic positioning and basic skills...
Is it really that hard to learn not to stand in front of the tank? Cus thats all it really teaches you.

The bots hardly ever gank, or do it obviously (I.E. all lanes are mia)
They do not pay any attention to their intended roles or positioning
They constantly over-extend and even get hit by towers when there is no one there baiting them.

The bots just pretty much run at you like crazed, crack hunting junkies. I would say that training with bots will actually do you more harm then good because players simply act nothing like the bots do.

Ofermod

06-02-2012

It's good for getting the hang of last-hitting minions for CS, understanding champion mechanics, understanding how items work, learning not to dive towers...