Yorick Top Counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
Quite honestly I have no idea why people are so concerned about yorick top when renekton dominates every champion yorick does and then some, snowballs harder, and can put his early lead to a far more effective use ganking.
Sorry to deviate from the topic at hand, but this intrigued me. As a part-time Renekton player, are there any counters to him that I should be avoiding?

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

@ The OP: Trundle can counter Yorick (Heals when ghouls die). Cho'Gath can counter yorick (Kill ghouls heals you). Nasus can somewhat counter yorick (gains stacks from killing ghouls.) Renekton can also counter yorick (Gap closes and combos on his relatively soft rear end).

@Tekno: A good gangplank or teemo can annoy you with their poking abilities (also GP oranges your stun). Jax will be stronger than you once he gets level 6. Olaf trades very favorably and can sustain very well. Of these, I like to ban Olaf when I try to play Ren. You can ban Jax as well, if you like.

timeywimeylimey

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
Yeoric, like Vlad, is a design nightmare.

Yeoric has 0 cost spammy abilitys that return health, from ranged. The only way to stop this is to be ranged or have an amazing amount of lifesteal.

Were I to design this champion I would increase his cooldowns SIGNIFIGANTLY, as well as their mana costs. I would buff the effects to comparably. This would prevent the endless free harass and liferegen and make it FEEL GOOD when someone pushed a button instead of another ghoul thats just a 100 damage dot every 3 seconds.
Yorick has moderate mana costs for his abilities. They aren't spammy until he has CDR boots and a tear.

If they raised his cooldowns, they'd ruin Yorick. It doesn't matter how much damage they do, the ghouls are what make him Yorick, instead of just another Tanky DPS.

FrankTheStud

06-03-2012

When in doubt, you can always get a ranged champ to solo top when you see someone pick Yorick. If you're that intimidated, pick someone ranged like Teemo against Yorick. That, or have your Jungler help you a lot. I beat a Yorick as Nasus with the help of a Lee Sin Jungle.