Yorick Top Counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hafr

06-01-2012

God**** who the hell can counter this guy? I am thinking Olaf but **** he is so ****ing strong with those **** ghoul spams. Who is the TRUE counter to yorick?

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Anybody who can harrass him more than he can harrass them.

Hafr

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimCrimson View Post
Anybody who can harrass him more than he can harrass them.
So basically i need to go top with corki or cait?

JudoPunch

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningengiraii View Post
So basically i need to go top with corki or cait?
Yeoric, like Vlad, is a design nightmare.

Yeoric has 0 cost spammy abilitys that return health, from ranged. The only way to stop this is to be ranged or have an amazing amount of lifesteal.

Were I to design this champion I would increase his cooldowns SIGNIFIGANTLY, as well as their mana costs. I would buff the effects to comparably. This would prevent the endless free harass and liferegen and make it FEEL GOOD when someone pushed a button instead of another ghoul thats just a 100 damage dot every 3 seconds.

Katraya

06-01-2012

My husband just played top against Yorick with Riven and did really well. I hate him. Ban him every time I top lane as Shen.

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

riven can easily beat him at level 3

in reality anyone who can trade and use brush in anyway is good. His ghoul has to hit you for him to gain health so go into the brush for 1 second and wait for it to die or just run around while getting some shots on him. You really don't need to counter him either as his presence in teamfights is almost non-existent which is why people at higher elos dont play him much.

Haunchbones

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWhippy View Post
riven can easily beat him at level 3

in reality anyone who can trade and use brush in anyway is good. His ghoul has to hit you for him to gain health so go into the brush for 1 second and wait for it to die or just run around while getting some shots on him. You really don't need to counter him either as his presence in teamfights is almost non-existent which is why people at higher elos dont play him much.
high elo playes dont pick him because of his own teamfight presence but rather for his ult, rambo your carry in and dont worry, they will be back if they die, like fighting a sleeper 5v6

TeknoWizard

06-01-2012

Riven counters him fairly hard, assuming you don't get harassed down pre-3. Apart from that, take someone who can just play passively and farm, such as Nasus. Wait for end game, he does no damage then.

Proletaria

06-01-2012

I've seen good yorick players absolutely steamrolled by Riven, Jax, and other bruiser champs. Anyone who goes into the lane thinking he has a "0 cost" anything is not paying attention. Bait out his ghouls while you're near the brush, causing him to waste mana. Poke and farm when he is waiting on cooldowns. If you're really lucky he'll push hard, waste mana, and over-extend making for an easy gank. If you're not so lucky he'll play passively, and you'll have to burst him down in a less opportune spot. His sustain early on isn't really that impressive and his tank will be wet soggy paper if he's rushing those sustain items he so desperately wants.

Quite honestly I have no idea why people are so concerned about yorick top when renekton dominates every champion yorick does and then some, snowballs harder, and can put his early lead to a far more effective use ganking.

Sweet N Nasty

06-02-2012

Trundle trolls Yorick. Renekton can shred Yorick with his spin (more heal from ghouls). Jax and Riven are other good choice cause of dodge and shields. I dont always yorick top, but I do, I hate to see these champs