My story; my concerns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

streetdr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2014

I want to start out by saying that this isn't my main account; I'd just rather stay anonymous. Well, here goes my story of the time I've spent playing league, and a concern I have.

When I first began playing the newly released champion was Nocturne. I'm not sure how long ago that was, but a few years for sure. I didn't really understand the game back then, I was blissfully ignorant grinding my way to lv30. I had a bunch of fun with my friends, I remember early on I'd play Ryze/Fiddlesticks duo top. Those were the days....

Anyway, after a while I eventually hit lv30. My friends suggested I start buying some runes, and expand my champion pool. I get a decent ADC page finished, and an AP page, and I feel like I'm all set. I decide to hop into ranked even though none of my buddies are really interested in it. I don't know, I guess I just liked the idea of playing "real" league, rather than "lulz normals". I really enjoyed ranked, but I noticed I was getting more and more angry within my games. I started to care about my teammates mistakes. Maybe I always did, after getting a certain level of understanding, but I guess it never really spilled over into the game because I had always been queueing up normals with friends, and we'd all just vent about the "derps" over a voice com program. Since I was heading into ranked solo, though, I didn't have that anymore, and I took my frustration out in chat.

Well, I picked up a few suspensions which soon lead to more suspensions, longer ones. I couldn't stop raging. Eventually, my account was forever banned, because apparently if you've been suspended 7 times, it results in a perma ban. Naturally I made a new account, and got up to lv30 ASAP. I got my rune pages worked out again, and bought a select few champions, based on my favorites from my old account. I hopped into ranked again; the cycle repeated. More rage, more suspensions. I got to the point of a 2 week suspension and decided to call it quits...sort of. I didn't want my second account to be completely lost.

I WANTED to not rage. I mean, lets be honest, I don't feel good when I have a bad game and people rage at me. I'm not proud of or happy about putting other people down when I get frustrated at their play, and I know exactly how they feel because of the times it's happened to me, with them raging. I never trolled, I didn't intentionally feed, or afk (unless I had a RL emergency), I always tried to win. I was just a jackass though. I realized that a long time ago, but realizing I was being a dbag doesn't mean I immediately understand how to not be one.

Anyway, when my second account got to the point of having a 2 week suspension, I made another account, my third one. My third account is the one I currently play. I was determined to not let it happen again. Things didn't work out so great though. Soon after hitting 30 I was at the 2 week suspension again. Even while leveling up I had started getting some suspensions, 1 day, 3 days, etc.

At that point I was like "NO! This cannot happen again" I stopped playing. I decided if I couldn't play without raging, I just wasn't going to play. I missed League a lot, though. I ended up taking around a 3 month break. I came back right before Riot introduced the One For All game mode. I started playing that exclusively, and it was amazing. It was the most fun I'd had in League in...I don't know how long. I didn't rage a single time. Every match was just a blast. It just plain old pure fun. No one cared how well you did, or how the team did overall, because it was generally a crapshoot. Sometimes your pick countered theirs, other times it didn't. I remember playing one game with our team as Nidalee vs J4, we lost that match pretty bad because we couldn't handle the tankyness. But SPEARS FOR YEARS during laning was so hilarious. Good times.

I came to the realization, after that, that maybe my problem wasn't so much that I was getting mad at the game. I figured maybe my problem was ranked. That's where it all started, right? So after One for All was disabled, I decided I'd just play normals. Things have been working out pretty good. Since coming back to the game when One for All was launched, I haven't been suspended at all. I'm happy about that. I'm concerned though too. I'm worried that I'll get banned again.

I'm no saint, not by any means, I accept that I've been toxic before and I deserved my suspensions/bans. I WANT to be a better member of the LoL community. The thing that concerns me, though, is the Tribunal.

I know I'm not perfect, and I know since I've come back, at least a couple times, I've slipped up and just let the rage flow. I've really been making a conscious effort to stay cool and just enjoy the match, no matter the outcome, which playing normals exclusively has helped a lot. My big concern is about what happened today.

My account doesn't have a spotless record. Like I said, prior to my 3 month break I was at the 2 week suspension point. As I've said, I've had a couple hiccups along the way, but I know I've been a good sport and NOT raged in probably 95% of my games. Today though...I got into a lobby where I was paired up with a 4 person queue. We load in, and people start calling roles. Mid is called, jungle is called...I then call top. After I call top and select Riven, one of them calls top. He loaded in last, and hadn't even loaded in by the time his buddies called mid/jungle. They expected me to support, and immediately started harassing me because I had Riven selected (but not locked in). I was called an idiot, told that I would be reported, and told that I should just go die. I decided to not let them bully me though, and locked in. Afterwards, the other guy that called top after me locked in Renekton. We load into the game, and the flaming continues; all out non stop harassment from them for the first 1:30. Then...they all leave. They all say "bye" "enjoy your loss top loser" and all of them leave except one. The one that stayed, only remained in the match to continue harassing me and to inform me that he was there to let his friends know when the enemy was close to winning, so they could log back in and be there for the post game lobby; where they would in turn then all report me. This is exactly what happened, when their team was at our Nexus towers at around 11:00, the three offliners came back in, continued their harassment towards me, and the game ended. In the after match lobby they continued on for a bit, and then I get the pop up that I've been reported for assisting enemy team. Based on the fact that they all said they were reporting me, I know I received 4 reports that game.

Here's the thing, I know for a fact I did absolutely nothing wrong in that game. If my account had a clean record, I wouldn't be worried at all, because even if I made it into tribunal due to that one game, I'd be fine. Anyone with any kind of sense of morality would see I said nothing wrong, I did nothing wrong, and I was being falsely accused, and harassed, by this 4 man premade squad.

The problem is, though, I don't have a clean record. Like I said, since returning to the game in November, I've had a couple hiccups, but I know for sure that I've played like a gentlemen in 95% of my games. I've made a serious effort to turn myself around. But in those couple games where I did slip...if I was reported...I feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

I mean, the match I described above with the 4 man group is obviously a false report made by a group of bullies. But if those false reports help push one of the games I acted poorly into the tribunal, well I just don't want to think about that.

I know I've been ranting a while but here it is I guess:

I'm not perfect, I've had a bad history with league, but I've tried my hardest to reform. No one is perfect, everyone has bad games. Given my accounts poor history with Tribunal, if I did receive a legit report from a game where I acted less than gentlemen-ly, even if that one game wasn't enough for me to end up in Tribunal, false reports like the one I described could aid it along. In which case, someone viewing Tribunal might go "Oh look two cases...well it's clear his team was harassing/trolling him in this game and he did nothing wrong...but this other game, well he was kind of a dbag here", and then I get punished and possibly suspended/banned.

I'm not trying to excuse my bad behavior, I'm doing my damndest to do better. I'm just worried a couple bad games, along with some false reports, will land my in tribunal due to my accounts previous actions. I don't feel like having a couple bad games in my last 350 or so should result in my ban, especially when I'm trying so hard to do well, and be nice. I'm just so worried about these false reports.

I don't know, I guess I'm just hoping a Rioter can put my mind at ease. Tell me that Riot takes into account whether or not someone was suspended before, and then makes a clear effort to really do better, but gets dragged down by some false reports. Tell me there's actually someone there looking at the situation as a whole, and not just seeing one game out of 350, noticing that a year ago the account had multiple suspensions, and deciding to ban it. I'm not saying I didn't deserve my past punishments, I did, but I'm really trying now...I just don't want it to all be for nothing due to this 4 man queue group.

On a side note, I've been getting queued with quite a few 4 man groups lately. Most are pretty good, but a lot of them are obnoxious and just think they can strong arm the odd man out into doing what they demand, under threat of 4 reports. I wish there was a "Lone Wolf" mode, for solo players, where you get matched with 4 other solo players, so you don't have to deal with potential bully groups.

On a second side, Riot pls, bring back One for All, best game mode ever. Love you long time.

Final note, sorry for unbelievably long rant...I hope someone actually reads it =\

Capn Calamari

01-23-2014

Even given your history, the powers that be are still going to look at the reasons for the reports in this case, and if what you say is true, you should be acquitted. Plus, things rarely go to the tribunal over one game.

streetdr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2014

Well that's my concern, though, really. I know a single game won't get me into Tribunal. What I'm worried about is, lets say there's a threshold. I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works, but...lets say it takes 3 different games of being reported to get you into Tribunal. Maybe I had a really bad game, and said some uncool things. Well, I'd still need two more bad ones to get me into Tribunal. Then a game like the one I described comes along, where I'm falsely reported by a 4 man bully group. Well, that game, even though it's a false report, would still aid in me getting sent into the Tribunal, wherein I may be punished for the time when I did act like a dbag. I'm not saying I shouldn't be punished for that game, but maybe I never have a game again where I'm dbaggy. It wouldn't matter, though, if I was helped along into Tribunal due to false reports.

I guess that's what I'm saying. If it takes X different games of being reported to get into Tribunal, and I've acted poorly in Y games, but Y is less than X, I wouldn't have gone into Tribunal until I had Z amount of more bad games. But if I'm falsely reported, that moves me another report closer to the X threshold.

I'm also curious if there is a decay? The last time I was suspended it was for 2 weeks. Taking my 3 month break into account, along with the 3 months I've been playing since my return (total of 6 months since last suspension), does my suspension punishment decay? If I were suspended again, would it be for a shorted time (1 day/3 days/7 days?) or is there no decay and it would pick up where my last suspension left off, at 2 weeks+?

September11Fun

01-23-2014

*****, I do what I do, I feel how I feel
Got my drink on the rise, got my house on the hill
Got the girl of your dreams yep I pop her, for real
And I'm thumbing through bill after bill after bill
After bill, but I still pay respect to my city
So much man you thought I was in debt for real
Every day is a chase, every night is a thrill
I feel sorry for whoever's not in the whip
Good music till I die, shout out to Ye-Ye
Dumped all my other hoes, shout out to Nay-Nay
I start my day with a prayer and vagjayjay
I'm higher than day-day, no off day just pay day
Boy, since I was a bae-bae I swear was OG
You was a no G
Texting these hoes that you love 'em and ****
Probably using them Emoji's
When you was a OG, *****, I'd still be more G
**** you know about night
About not getting that white money
For a young ****a getting white hair
And I done dropped control
Just to show you hoes who done got controlled
You saying that I changed, yep, changed like I supposed
While you at the same crib still wearing the same clothes
Going to the same club, taking the same pose
Pillow talking with the same hoes
All day I ball...
Some ****as never grew up until they grew old
I guess that what coming up in Detroit do
Finally famous is a Detroit crew
**** with me and you'll destroy fool
End up on the ****ing Detroit news
Better off in the Detroit zoo
Everybody got haters, I swear we been through this
Martin had Malcolm, Caesar had Brutus
**** am I saying, Jesus had Judas
I guess I'm alright thought if I just got you, *****
You gon' pull up friend to friend
I'mma pull up Benz to Benz
While you and her are cheek to cheek
Me and her dick to chin
That's the difference between a 9-to-5 and a 10-to-10
Sean Don...

streetdr

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by September11Fun View Post
~
I find your name offensive, and your post lacking any kind of contribution to my topic. Please refrain from derailing my thread, I'm being sincere and I'd like my concerns to be voiced and my questions answered. Thanks.

Capn Calamari

01-23-2014

I think you just ought not to worry, dude. If you've ever been on the tribunal, you know they don't "punish" easily. Not without a sizeable chunk of toxic words and general nastiness. I think you'll be okay, just be nice and don't hate on others, no matter how bad they play.

archangelfighter

01-23-2014

Well op, I know I at least read before punishing. If what you say is true, then you should have nothing to fear, for there will be nothing report worthy in the chat.