That Tamat double 34% IP weekend fiasco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Complaining about something free on a free game. I don't know who Tamat is because I'm not one of those creeps that follow the blogs and twitters of everyone that ****s something related to video games.

But, really, one acronym sums it all up, LOL.
If you choose to not support Riot, that's fine, but don't insult those who do by calling this a "free game".

Or did you think that Riot pays the bills with retarded comments like yours?

MyDeadGrandma

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If you choose to not support Riot, that's fine, but don't insult those who do by calling this a "free game".

Or did you think that Riot pays the bills with retarded comments like yours?
I've paid over $300 worth of Riot points and my opinion isn't any more valid than someone who hasn't spent a dime.

It's a free game.

Genericke

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Pretty much.

You're free to respond and downvote as you please.

That you did.
It wasn't hardQuestioning isn't the same as throwing tantrums.

No, I'd blame shoddy parenting.
Then I guess Tamat didn't respond poorly to the dominion story thread, nor did he respond poorly to the 34% IP weekend complainers. It's not Tamat basically slapping us in the face at those times that made us lash out at him, it was our parents being incompetent and not raising us properly. To take it a step further, it's probably the fault of the parents of those parents, for not raising them properly and making them into stricter parents for their own kids. Everyone's at fault. Tamat is innocent!

There's a time and a place for tongue in cheek humor, and there's a way to respond to the community when it's upset about something. The way that Tamat responded to the community was inapropriate. In both situations the community had every right to complain, and their complaints were completely justified. Instead of dealing with the issue, Tamat put more fuel into the fire and the issues exploded into something that they wouldn't have otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Turn it around.
Maybe he/ felt he/they was/were treated badly, so he responded in kind, as many of us are conditioned to do.
If he can't muster up the self control to not respond to the community like this, then he shouldn't be interacting with it in the first place.

MyDeadGrandma

06-02-2012

Putting words in peoples' mouths with sarcasm and hyperbole is just reinforcing my stance, Genericke.

But you're right, his response was unprofessional. Might I suggest he works at a kindergarten for a time so he gets a better idea of the level of people he's servicing?

No one was prevented from complaining. Unless you really thought that merely posting in that thread would opt you out of the bonus.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I thought Tamat's comment was kind of funny, personally.

MyDeadGrandma

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
I thought Tamat's comment was kind of funny, personally.
Lies! It was a threat against your person! Don't you know that online attacks are a major cause of distress in youth? Tamat should sent to jail if someone commits suicide over this!

Genericke

06-02-2012

Quote:
Putting words in peoples' mouths with sarcasm and hyperbole is just reinforcing my stance, Genericke.
Quote:
But you're right, his response was unprofessional. Might I suggest he works at a kindergarten for a time so he gets a better idea of the level of people he's servicing?
Quote:
Lies! It was a threat against your person! Don't you know that online attacks are a major cause of distress in youth? Tamat should sent to jail if someone commits suicide over this!
My name is pot. Kettle, you're black.

Phourc

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Complaining about something free on a free game. I don't know who Tamat is because I'm not one of those creeps that follow the blogs and twitters of everyone that ****s something related to video games.
Not really dude, it was a forum response by Tamat that got people riled up. So for posting on a video game forum with video game questions, they're really no more a creep than you or me xP

Isysar

06-04-2012

A) Why does this even matter in the slightest?

B) What makes you think Tamat was fired?

DiscworldDeath

06-04-2012

No one thinks Tamat was fired.