That Tamat double 34% IP weekend fiasco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IDontWasteFood

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Goes both ways.

Community = A bunch of ingrates

Tamat = A Lead Community Manager with some lessons to learn in managing a community.
If I was the community manager of this game I'd have probably been fired the first day. This community sucks. Not everyone, but there are a lot of just disrespectful people. When it is rare to see good team attitude you know the communities ****.

Panwar

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
If I was the community manager of this game I'd have probably been fired the first day. This community sucks. Not everyone, but there are a lot of just disrespectful people. When it is rare to see good team attitude you know the communities ****.
I've been a part of a lot of video game communities. And LoL isn't really any worse than the rest of them. You might get a better attitude from smaller indy type games. But generally LoL's community toes the line.

MyDeadGrandma

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidas View Post
He actually said "go ahead and complain in this thread, and we'll remove the boost from your account"

That's the key part, as it came off as a threat.
It was very tongue in cheek, but the facebook generation take everything as a threat.

You know it was tongue in cheek because he put a smiley face after it.

Glorious Bird

06-02-2012

Complaining about something free on a free game. I don't know who Tamat is because I'm not one of those creeps that follow the blogs and twitters of everyone that ****s something related to video games.

But, really, one acronym sums it all up, LOL.

Phourc

06-02-2012

Ah, is that what the 34% **** was - Tamat needs to learn some manners, hehe.

(and 34% is kinda a half-assed bonus, especially for just a weekend -_-)

Zeiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I can understand some of the community's response to the 34% though.

An IP increase is something they could have done so easily that Pendragon "could have pushed the button" just because the coffee he had that morning was very good. And they kept answering to people's question on where the 2m facebook likes reward end up and they mentioned something "big"/"awesome" and to just be patient since it's supposedly worth the wait. In the end, the 100% IP boost and only for the weekend at that is disappointing.

There is a valid concerns about this, though. Especially the time frame. While a vast majority are extremely free during the weekends, there are some who aren't. Of course, there are those who planned on going out on the weekend, but a player I met in an MMO told me that he doesn't benefit from the double exp rate weekends on that game, since he was a musician and weekend is where his job is - not the weekdays.

So if you're a player like that, your participation in this is not rewarded.

Genericke

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkuntt View Post
So pretty much... There is no reason for the community to get "rewarded" for playing a game they enjoy but when they do, they ***** about how "piss poor" it is... I would of removed the boost to. Fair call to be honest.
The issue is more that riot promised one of the most amazing rewards to players for hitting the 2 million like milestone in facebook. They didn't have to, however they are a company and they chose to make this promise to us, and it's a very bad business practice for a company to not keep its promises to customers. Instead of some amazing reward, we're given a 34% IP boost over the weekend. This is what the community was complaining about. We were promised an epic reward, and what we got instead was pretty underwhelming, especially since they used to give out 100% bonus IP weekends and stuff like that.

In this sense the complaints were in my opinion, legitimate. Tamat however decided to respond to the complaints in an inappropriate way, and the forums exploded. Now you have a bunch of people saying that the LoL community is the worst gaming community, and that we're a bunch of selfish ingrates for how we treated Tamat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
You go around looking to create more drama, about such an uninteresting thing? :-/
Because this isn't the first time that something like this has happened with Tamat. Earlier on someone posted a thread in the general discussion forums about dominion, and asked about what kind of a future it had. The post was really beautifully thought out and made. Tamat responded with absolute garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
It was very tongue in cheek, but the facebook generation take everything as a threat.

You know it was tongue in cheek because he put a smiley face after it.
I guess then that Tamat's response to the dominion thread "a dominion story" was also very tongue in cheek, because he put a tongue face after it and called the OP his "pal".

It's our fault though for downvoting him and responding poorly to him. We're a part of the facebook generation and took it as a threat. We instead should've seen the humor in his post, and not questioned any of it, but we didn't because Mark Zuckerberg has brainwashed us into doing otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeiro View Post
I can understand some of the community's response to the 34% though.

An IP increase is something they could have done so easily that Pendragon "could have pushed the button" just because the coffee he had that morning was very good. And they kept answering to people's question on where the 2m facebook likes reward end up and they mentioned something "big"/"awesome" and to just be patient since it's supposedly worth the wait. In the end, the 100% IP boost and only for the weekend at that is disappointing.

There is a valid concerns about this, though. Especially the time frame. While a vast majority are extremely free during the weekends, there are some who aren't. Of course, there are those who planned on going out on the weekend, but a player I met in an MMO told me that he doesn't benefit from the double exp rate weekends on that game, since he was a musician and weekend is where his job is - not the weekdays.

So if you're a player like that, your participation in this is not rewarded.
Pretty much this.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

I don't like the people complaining about "People complaining about free stuff on a free game" thing.

I mean, I get it.

But you do understand that without a community, there is no Riot or LoL?

They owe as much to the community as the community owes to them. Treat the community badly (As those that responded felt Tamat did, both in an insufficient reward and snarky comments) and you get treat badly in returned.

MyDeadGrandma

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post

I guess then that Tamat's response to the dominion thread "a dominion story" was also very tongue in cheek, because he put a tongue face after it and called the OP his "pal".
Pretty much.

Quote:
It's our fault though for downvoting him and responding poorly to him.
You're free to respond and downvote as you please.

Quote:
We're a part of the facebook generation and took it as a threat.
That you did.
Quote:
We instead should've seen the humor in his post,
It wasn't hard
Quote:
and not questioned any of it,
Questioning isn't the same as throwing tantrums.

Quote:
but we didn't because Mark Zuckerberg has brainwashed us into doing otherwise.
No, I'd blame shoddy parenting.

DiscworldDeath

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny00000 View Post
Treat the community badly (As those that responded felt Tamat did, both in an insufficient reward and snarky comments) and you get treat badly in returned.
Turn it around.
Maybe he/ felt he/they was/were treated badly, so he responded in kind, as many of us are conditioned to do.